BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

10 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Watching these make me miss terraces even more,the surge forward after a goal is scored and the hugging with some complete stranger stood next to you is sadly missed ?

anyone remember the moaning old gits section of the blackburn end,right near the fence separting the riverside?they had a different target every week,branagan and miller especially irked their ire,used to laugh because they always maintained they had enough and they were going to watch chorley next week,but the next week they`de be there,moaning like ****,was a relief when my dad said we were now old enough to go on our own and in his words "stand with the idiots in the middle!!"

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

anyone remember the moaning old gits section of the blackburn end,right near the fence separting the riverside?they had a different target every week,branagan and miller especially irked their ire,used to laugh because they always maintained they had enough and they were going to watch chorley next week,but the next week they`de be there,moaning like ****,was a relief when my dad said we were now old enough to go on our own and in his words "stand with the idiots in the middle!!"

Never watched from the sides I was one of the idiots in the middle,i remember going to 18 Rovers games before i saw them lose,i used to think i was a lucky charm until we lost the 19th game i'd seen.

On 13/06/2020 at 17:09, Herbie6590 said:

February 1984, a misty, cold February evening & MOTD live comes from Ewood Park as Rovers entertain Southampton in the FA Cup. Rovers wear some horrible numbers on the home shirts as a one-off, presumably to aid identification...not it sure it does to be honest. Bobby Charlton in the studio, Jimmy Hill hosting....here we go...

First time I’ve heard the Blackburn end called the “town end” ?

Amazing how quickly the game changed from the late 80s to around the millennium. Money, TV coverage, infrastructure, stadiums, corporate offerings, fan culture, foreign players.

Only 10 years, but it might as well have been 50.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Love the  celebration infront of the Newcastle fans when he got the hattrick goal.They werent happy.

I must be losing it because I had it in mind that Speedie climbed up the fence at the Darwen end after his hat trick goal against Newcastle, but not in the clip. What a player Speedie was.