BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

33 minutes ago, Elvis Biro said:

Matt Jansen, Mark Hughes, Damien Duff, Brad Friedel, Henning Berg,David Dunn. What a team - which Division were they playing in? Oh yeah, the same one we are playing in now.

I think that's what you call a 'sobering thought'.

That team would walk this Division. If they played our current 11 it'd be like the Dingle rout,  5-0.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

And Gillespie, Flitcroft, Berkovic, Short, Hignett, Bjornebye, McAteer, Damien Johnson.

Some squad that for the second tier, and no wonder the core of it won cups and qualified for Europe in future seasons.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

• J*B unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Some great football in those games. It makes what we are seeing now look like a different game altogether.

rovers had far better players and a manager who let them express themselves,the souness era had us playing some fantastic stuff,till he lost the plot and started to fall out with everybody and anybody,souness is  the type of bloke who`d kick the monopoly board across the room if he landed on mayfair with a hotel on it

• Like 2

On 25/07/2020 at 14:11, frosty said:

Way before my time but these brief highlights popped up on Twitter earlier:

Rovers fans on the Darwen End? it was years after the fences went up?

Maybe an early initiative to get the fans behind the team from both ends and stick the away fans in the enclosure?

Great atmosphere and superb shirt.

Edited by Gav

1 hour ago, A Northern Horde... said:

The grand old Riverside stand and Terrace...

Ewood Park.jpeg

My earliest memory of attending Ewood was the FA Youth Cup Final of 1959. My grandad was a steward in the Riverside stand and got me and my dad in and we sat close to the front towards the Darwen End. I don’t remember the game  much, just the atmosphere of 28,000 + supporters and cheering the players with the cup at the end. 
Reading about the game in later years, Moore and Hurst for West Ham and them missing a pen and Newton, Pickering and England for us and winning it in extra time made me realise that this was the defining moment I became a Rovers supporter, and still am, 60 years on. It’s been one hell of a roller coaster ride. 

• Like 8

Great picture that, its where I started my Rovers obsession.

I don't know about anyone else but I still get excited at the sight of a football ground, driving around the country I'll often make detours to see a ground I've never seen before, even driving down M66 and seeing the Breezeblock gives me a buzz!

My lad, not so much, he couldn't care less to be honest, whilst me and the Mrs are jumping around like kids at Christmas.........much simpler times years ago I guess.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Great picture that, its where I started my Rovers obsession.

I don't know about anyone else but I still get excited at the sight of a football ground, driving around the country I'll often make detours to see a ground I've never seen before, even driving down M66 and seeing the Breezeblock gives me a buzz!

My lad, not so much, he couldn't care less to be honest, whilst me and the Mrs are jumping around like kids at Christmas.........much simpler times years ago I guess.

i know what you mean,i still get a buzz when i see floodlights in the distance!!!!!!!,i suppose when i was growing up there was barely any live maches on tv so saturday afternoon was sacred

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...