BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

11 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Cracking picture of a packed old Ewood. Only trouble is it’s seconds after McGrath scored Utd’s second in the cup tie

F6FC7390-4CE9-4DE3-BB44-46B1D0A27EA3.jpeg

Baz, Sparky, Faz Jesper, Jim Bran, Big Norm, McGrath, windy Miller bending (maybe) and Gennoe.

I was 13 years old and on the Riverside that night somewhere under that Perspex banner. Massive infiltration on that end by the Utd support who mocked everything in sight at our beautiful ground. 

Gutted for Baz that night.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Granada Reports interviews Simon Garner ahead of the Liverpool FA Cup tie...

Cracking goal by Simon there in the '83 clash. He was about 23 years old there and scored twenty odd goals that season and the next. Regardless of his reputation as a bit of lackadaisical trainer / 'refuelling issues' etc, you cant argue with those numbers and unquestionably if he produced those statistics for our current side he would be playing in the Premiership. 

Just not for Burnley...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Cracking goal by Simon there in the '83 clash. He was about 23 years old there and scored twenty odd goals that season and the next. Regardless of his reputation as a bit of lackadaisical trainer / 'refuelling issues' etc, you cant argue with those numbers and unquestionably if he produced those statistics for our current side he would be playing in the Premiership. 

Just not for Burnley...

That's very true , best Rovers striker I have seen outside the Prem years and better than quite a few , I saw during too..

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Other than Garner and Sellars, that was a pretty poor Mackay team. In hindsight, he was lucky to stay in charge for the start of the next season.

was the fag end of a once very good mackay side,injuries and ageing players caught up with us that season,the young players  brought in from the youth team,collier,skinner and shepstone were never going to be good enough,if jack had`nt come along then i think we`de have been in serious trouble the following season,though mackay was a pretty good wheeler dealer,maybe he`d have snaffled a few bargains and rebuilt

35 minutes ago, Elvis Biro said:

Takes me back to those days - my other half wanted to get two new pet cats. I wasn't that keen, but was allowed to name them as a bit of a sweetener. Hence my kids growing up wondering why our cats were called Howard and Scott.

?