BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

On 13/09/2020 at 22:02, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Makes Williams look like a worldbeater.

Only a raw kid then to be fair, how long's Derek been around now ?

Nice to see Pompeys following a little more realistic as it used to be before their Prem purple patch and bus loads coming up with band and bell ringer. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Only a raw kid then to be fair, how long's Derek been around now ?

Nice to see Pompeys following a little more realistic as it used to be before their Prem purple patch and bus loads coming up with band and bell ringer. 

Do you remember them back in the 60's when they used to have a mascot dressed as a sailor wandering round the touchline? He always seemed to be pissed as well.

4 minutes ago, Elvis Biro said:

Do you remember them back in the 60's when they used to have a mascot dressed as a sailor wandering round the touchline? He always seemed to be pissed as well.

No mate these vids are more my era. Remember them bringing about a thousand in the cup once. Rough game and it all went off outside afterwards.

Edited by tomphil

18 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’m enjoying seeing all the old grounds a lot more than I am our performances! Although Mimms was better than I had remembered.

Bobby Mimms was a very good goalkeeper , had him on loan the season we won the Full Members , had to return to Everton  ..

Helped stop the rot and we ended up in mid table...

Not as good as Tim Flowers , Brad Friedel  or Sir Roger  ...

Picked up and old Rovers programme today from a market stall - Rovers V Derby County Dec 26th 1967. Rovers team:

Adam Blacklaw

Keith Newton

Billy Wilson

George Sharples

Bryan Coddington

Barry Hole

Eamon Rogers

Malcolm Darling

Mick Ferguson

Alan Gilliver

John Connelly

Derby team included Kevin Hector, Alan Durban and Bobby Saxton, McFarland CH and O'Hare CF

I must have been there but I can't remember it for the life of me. We ended up winning 3-0 with goals from Fergie, Darling and Gilliver. Att.17,902

We then played them away 4 days later, as we often did with Xmas matches in those days, if memory serves. (West Ham!)

If you wanted to follow the lads away it  was 13/9 for a ticket on Ribblesdale. "Departs Rishton, Gt Harwood, Clayton amd Accrington approx. 10.00am, Church and Ossy approx 10.15  etc etc.

Happy days. 

Edited by Elvis Biro
additional info
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Elvis Biro said:

Picked up and old Rovers programme today from a market stall - Rovers V Derby County Dec 26th 1967. Rovers team:

Adam Blacklaw

Keith Newton

Billy Wilson

George Sharples

Bryan Coddington

Barry Hole

Eamon Rogers

Malcolm Darling

Mick Ferguson

Alan Gilliver

John Connelly

Derby team included Kevin Hector, Alan Durban and Bobby Saxton, McFarland CH and O'Hare CF

I must have been there but I can't remember it for the life of me. We ended up winning 3-0 with goals from Fergie, Darling and Gilliver. Att.17,902

We then played them away 4 days later, as we often did with Xmas matches in those days, if memory serves. (West Ham!)

If you wanted to follow the lads away it  was 13/9 for a ticket on Ribblesdale. "Departs Rishton, Gt Harwood, Clayton amd Accrington approx. 10.00am, Church and Ossy approx 10.15  etc etc.

Happy days. 

I went to both of those games. It was 2-2 away at Derby. I must have got a really early bus from Rochdale to get to Blackburn to get the coach. Me and another Rochdale lad who later emigrated to New Zealand - Alec Becconsall.