BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Doesn't it make a difference when you have a target man to play to.  When you look at our two big strapping lads they haven't got the physicality that Livingstone had.

gallagher does`nt play his weight at all,he should be terrorising opposing centre backs,though tbh we don`t tend to play direct,it`s a bit of a mystery to why he was signed,especially for 5 million quid?

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

gallagher does`nt play his weight at all,he should be terrorising opposing centre backs,though tbh we don`t tend to play direct,it`s a bit of a mystery to why he was signed,especially for 5 million quid?

Dickov terrorised more centre backs than those two ever will and he wasn't much bigger than Jimmy Clitheroe. It's what's beating under the badge that matters more than just size. No point playing a direct game with what we have at the moment, the ball would come straight back at us.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Amazing the number of up and unders played in these vids - never see them today

Nothing wrong with a good " ale house ball " from time to time. I remember watching Forest playing a very good German team ( Cologne ? ) in the European Cup. Forest had played good football through out but the German defence had an answer to every move. In the last minute Forest launched an ale house ball right down the middle. The German centre halves misjudged the flight of the ball and a Forest forward ( Tony Woodcock ? ) ran in to score the winner.

How many times have you seen teams score against Rovers with similar long balls ? 

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nothing wrong with a good " ale house ball " from time to time. I remember watching Forest playing a very good German team ( Cologne ? ) in the European Cup. Forest had played good football through out but the German defence had an answer to every move. In the last minute Forest launched an ale house ball right down the middle. The German centre halves misjudged the flight of the ball and a Forest forward ( Tony Woodcock ? ) ran in to score the winner.

How many times have you seen teams score against Rovers with similar long balls ? 

nothing wrong with mixing your tactics up,i remember everton completely owning bayern munich once when the great howard kendall changed their tactics and they launched it long towards sharp and andy gray,the germans could`nt handle it

3 hours ago, IrelandsRover said:

I’m moving house and found this in the garage attic today, what great memories ?

34B6BE70-0954-4598-99AE-9CB03BFA28F3.jpeg

5AF6D82C-988E-4FE6-B03F-D9A3DB65B95C.jpeg

I was sorting out the attic during lockdown and found this, only to open it and there was nothing inside ?. I immediately blamed my son for not putting it back after he had watched it for the umpteenth time. Well, it couldn’t have been my fault could it ?
Still, like others have said, I could recite it off by heart so not such a disaster after all. 

• Like 1