BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

39 minutes ago, 47er said:

A really interesting viewpoint regarding Shearer's injury in 1992-3:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-manchester-united-title-19136255

Football has always been about ifs and buts. If Gerrard hadn't slipped etc etc

Having said that, on the rare occasion when I can actually understand what the prick is saying, Carragher talks out of his arse. 

• Like 1

On 13/10/2020 at 13:11, Elvis Biro said:

That's exactly how I feel. Watching the mighty Rovers drop into Div 3 for the first time in their history in 1971 was gut-wrenching - but at least it was for purely football reasons: we were skint (so were the vast majority of other clubs), we'd made some rotten managerial choices, couldn't hang on to our better players. It was a bitter pill to swallow but fair dos - we couldn't blame anybody but ourselves. So we had to dig deep and remember that 'We've won the cup three times on the run, been champions of division one" as we used to sing when we  visited those 3rd tier shitholes for the first time.

At least then we were all in it together - club, fans, board, the whole town. That's the worst thing that these people have done - disconnected me from my club, our club. I don't think it can ever have been like this in the 135 years before they took over.

God damn their eyes.

I agree.

That first drop into Div 3 was horrible and the pain didn't end there, did it.

I think we were 3rd from bottom of the old third division, that November, when we went to Tranmere. The 3-1 win set my own teenage heart on fire and I now look back fondly on those times. Furphy brought a religious revival with Tony Field et al.

In those days Rovers fans were a family, united against the rest of the world lol. These "badly advised" (my arse) owners and their club killer partners have done so much damage, despite the current, Facebook Venky love. They have lost a generation of fans. How could they have pissed all that away!

And Bill Fox will be spinning at some of the stewardship over the last decade, strange boardroom appointments, bizarre signings, Scottish gangsters  etc. 

One of the saddest things for me was the fact that Bill didn't even live to see that promotion under Dalglsh, let alone the later triumph.

• Like 3

• Herbie6590 unfeatured and featured this topic
5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Futcher was a complete knob, a master of shithousery. Tim 's brother in goal for Grimsby. We were starting to look a team who could go places at last.

did`nt keeley break one the futcher brothers neck with one of his dodgy tackles??,he went in hard and the unfortune futcher(or whoever it was) did a somersault and landed on his head)did`nt mess about did glen,loved a good contest?remember him sorting that the weasly portsmouth cf wood while branagan did the other ****house mick kennedy with some sort of karate kick?

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

did`nt keeley break one the futcher brothers neck with one of his dodgy tackles??,he went in hard and the unfortune futcher(or whoever it was) did a somersault and landed on his head)did`nt mess about did glen,loved a good contest?remember him sorting that the weasly portsmouth cf wood while branagan did the other ****house mick kennedy with some sort of karate kick?

I think it was Fuccillo I think that went over Keeley's shoulder onto a bone hard frozen pitch. I've been at a couple of rugby league games were I thought a player had been killed but when he came straight down head first I thought he'd been killed !

10 minutes ago, renrag said:

The Telegraph had announced that news footage would be shown at the Royal cinema an the night of the game, so a gang of us schoolboys caught the bus from Gt. Harwood just to see the newsreel. The third goal was incredible! Seeing it live at the game, it seemed to take Glover 10 minutes to bring it under control and hit the back of the net. None of us could believe how it was over in a flash on the big screen.

He did his best to miss that last goal.