BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

Fairly recent compared to a lot of the stuff being shared on here, but still a good memory.

We went 3-0 up away and it finished 3-3 and we went through on away goals. Cracking goals from Thompson and Duff. Thompson was a top player, very unfortunate with injuries. I'm not sure who it is that plays the path through for Duff's goal (due to the poor quality of the picture), but I suspect it's Dunn or Tugay. Wonderful pass.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Fairly recent compared to a lot of the stuff being shared on here, but still a good memory.

We went 3-0 up away and it finished 3-3 and we went through on away goals. Cracking goals from Thompson and Duff. Thompson was a top player, very unfortunate with injuries. I'm not sure who it is that plays the path through for Duff's goal (due to the poor quality of the picture), but I suspect it's Dunn or Tugay. Wonderful pass.

The football was a side show, the trip was brilliant, most Rovers fans stayed in a hotel with a strip club on the top floor, I never saw the Mrs for 3 days.......

2 of our party missed the flight home, got stopped from boarding because the plane was full, took them 2 days to get home.

I could go on.

Great times, they can't take away our memories.:D

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Gav said:

The football was a side show, the trip was brilliant, most Rovers fans stayed in a hotel with a strip club on the top floor, I never saw the Mrs for 3 days.......

2 of our party missed the flight home, got stopped from boarding because the plane was full, took them 2 days to get home.

I could go on.

Great times, they can't take away our memories.:D

What happened in Sofia..

57 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

What happened in Sofia..

Stays in Sofia...:D

Strip club, dancing bears, Ewood blues suitcases full of soap, Secret police, Waggy (once of this parish) - Great trip darrenrover, it really was.

But to be honest all the European away games were fantastic, I missed one or two towards the end and I'm gutted that I did.

Lyon, Bulgaria, Germany a few times, but the best of the lot was probably Feyenoord, Amsterdam in the days leading up to the game was like nights out in Blackburn late 80's early 90's, the place was rocking with Rovers, I'm getting goose bumps just typing this.

I missed Larissa and Krakow, went to all the rest, I think.

I'd forgotten Salzburg, what a place that is! Savage free kick, Trapattoni and The Sound of Music :D

We stayed in Salzburg before the England game in Germany when we beat them 5-1 - Another superb trip, this time watching the national side.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Stays in Sofia...:D

Strip club, dancing bears, Ewood blues suitcases full of soap, Secret police, Waggy (once of this parish) - Great trip darrenrover, it really was.

But to be honest all the European away games were fantastic, I missed one or two towards the end and I'm gutted that I did.

Lyon, Bulgaria, Germany a few times, but the best of the lot was probably Feyenoord, Amsterdam in the days leading up to the game was like nights out in Blackburn late 80's early 90's, the place was rocking with Rovers, I'm getting goose bumps just typing this.

I know Gav, I was in Sofia too which was kinda my point, along with many others in Europe like yourself.

Funnily enough the one with the longest lasting memory for different reasons, was Krakow, where we managed to fit in a full day trip to both Auswitz camps. That did leave true goose bumps but for different reasons. 

Great trips all Gav, probably never to be repeated and even if they were to be, would never be the same somehow. (Age being one thing!)

• Like 3

What wouldn't you give for a Speedie and a Sellars today ? A great bit of play from Sellars for the first goal and a lovely little inside ball to set up play for the second. A terrific leap from Speedie to hit the bar with a header at the end. He could give Gallagher and Brererton a 10 inches start and still out jump them !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What wouldn't you give for a Speedie and a Sellars today ? A great bit of play from Sellars for the first goal and a lovely little inside ball to set up play for the second. A terrific leap from Speedie to hit the bar with a header at the end. He could give Gallagher and Brererton a 10 inches start and still out jump them !

Speedie would grab a game by the scruff of its neck on many an occasion. Scottie was superb on his day but a bit inconsistent. I know which of them I would pick first.

^ Crikey, Berner, Rigters and Keith Treacy? No wonder we lost.

Shame as that turned out to be our final cup match under Hughes. The squads we had from 05-08 were definitely good enough to win something - unfortunately we just couldn't get past teams from the 'big four', as they were then, when facing them in semi finals.