BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i was`nt a happy bunny after this,5 of us travelled up to barnsley and the wonderfully decrepit oakwell,our expensive side was simply outplayed,remember seeing the team coach on the way back,kenny must have ripped into them and got them on the bus within half an hour,they all looked miserable and wegerle was sat on his own in the spare drivers seat looking sad,he must have taken most of kenny`s rage!!

Bit different these days isn't it.

23 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

The first time the Rovers fans could be heard shouting “SHEARER...!” but...to no avail...right in the middle of a major crisis...

I don't follow this Shearer goal. The No10 who won the header is being congratulated. Is it Duncan Shearer? The goal scorer raises his right arm like Alan shearer used to do but doesn't look anything like him.

Am I being thick?

4 minutes ago, bazza said:

I don't follow this Shearer goal. The No10 who won the header is being congratulated. Is it Duncan Shearer? The goal scorer raises his right arm like Alan shearer used to do but doesn't look anything like him.

Am I being thick?

Yes it is indeed Duncan who scores.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I was there and me and everyone I was with were convinced it was all over. Mowbray’s bad runs had nothing on this one - from 6 points clear to not even in the top 6. Couldn’t see it turning around.

It’s hard to credit now that the absence of Mike Newell caused the wheels to fall off so spectacularly. It’s also hard now to recall just how bizarre it seemed at the time. To move seamlessly from effortless superiority to utter ineptitude almost overnight.

• Like 5

Can we get to the Tranmere game as soon as possible please, I'm worried sick we'll not go up 😪

I can't sleep properly, I'm not eating properly and the Mrs isn't speaking to me because apparently: 

"I think more about football than I do about our relationship"

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, renrag said:

So was Hendry! We might as well have played without central defenders that night

Hill trying to run out with the ball like Beckenbauer and  then just losing it for the 2nd goal was hilarious. I'd forgotten he played in that promotion team. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Can we get to the Tranmere game as soon as possible please, I'm worried sick we'll not go up 😪

I can't sleep properly, I'm not eating properly and the Mrs isn't speaking to me because apparently: 

Gav I was exactly the same at the time, and again in 2000 promotion year. The first and last thoughts every day where about Rovers getting promoted. 

Been said before but Rovers have outlasted 4 long term relationships/marriages, but luckily I'm with someone who feels the same! 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Ha ha this reminds me of two classic jokes:

Wife - "Sometimes I think you love Blackburn Rovers more than you love me!"

Husband - "I love fooking Burnley more than I love you darling!"

and

My wife left me stating that I thought more about football than I did about her. Sixteen seasons we'd been together as well......

• Like 7

10 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

And before anyone says not even Mowbray has managed one that bad....

table2.jpg

Personally I think one win in 13 when you are top of the table, having spent more than the rest of the division put together signing five premier league players is worse than a mid-table team still carrying some League 1 dollopers losing one in 11. 

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

the ale house ball is sadly lacking these days,now we have 25 square passes which end up going nowhere🙄

We got the winner with one against Rotherham. " Just chuck it in the mixer ". I wish I had a £ for every time I've seen really good teams get in a right tangle trying to deal with one.