Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Herbie6590

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, IrelandsRover said:

I’m moving house and found this in the garage attic today, what great memories 💙

 

 

34B6BE70-0954-4598-99AE-9CB03BFA28F3.jpeg

5AF6D82C-988E-4FE6-B03F-D9A3DB65B95C.jpeg

I was sorting out the attic during lockdown and found this, only to open it and there was nothing inside 😩. I immediately blamed my son for not putting it back after he had watched it for the umpteenth time. Well, it couldn’t have been my fault could it 🙄
Still, like others have said, I could recite it off by heart so not such a disaster after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rovers come a cropper despite the efforts of the current West Ham assistant manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Rovers come a cropper despite the efforts of the current West Ham assistant manager

 

 

John Sheridan was a class player in his day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Rovers come a cropper despite the efforts of the current West Ham assistant manager

 

 

I was picking my parents up from Manchester airport that night, listened to most of the 2nd half on the car park at T1.

Funny what you remember that are linked to certain games. 

I was at the Oxford game above, I think that’s my flag on the fence, still got it somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

John Sheridan was a class player in his day.

class but a dirty *******,would last 10 minutes in todays pussified game😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

John Sheridan was a class player in his day.

John Sheridan beat Rovers almost single handedly on Boxing Day 1988 at Elland Road, and he barely moved out of the centre circle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

John Sheridan beat Rovers almost single handedly on Boxing Day 1988 at Elland Road, and he barely moved out of the centre circle. 

Yeah, he was an excellent playmaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

class but a dirty *******,would last 10 minutes in todays pussified game😏

They're only dirty when they play for other teams, as soon as they pull on the blue and white shirt they're the salt of the earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They're only dirty when they play for other teams, as soon as they pull on the blue and white shirt they're the salt of the earth.

I hated Hughes,Savage and Speedie.......until they joined us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely love this...Kenny wearing one of David Byrne’s “Stop Making Sense”suits & Bill Fox with a media masterclass...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Rovers race to an early two goal lead & then...well...you know the drill...

 

We did well to get a draw there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Absolutely love this...Kenny wearing one of David Byrne’s “Stop Making Sense”suits & Bill Fox with a media masterclass...

 

As soon as I saw Bill Fox I expected him to say "You're a big man but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself".

😁😁😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only a couple of months later from that interview Bill died.

Such a shame he never got to see the journey we were about to go on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
7 hours ago, arbitro said:

As soon as I saw Bill Fox I expected him to say "You're a big man but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself".

😁😁😁

Great Film. I've got a piece of the multi story car park the " Alf Roberts " character went off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

Was much happier the following season...

Im an old git so my memory evades me. My one and only trip to Plymouth was a 0-0 draw. Ardiles and Archibald playing if I can remember correctly. 

Escorted across the pitch after full time. Only time I've experienced that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Im an old git so my memory evades me. My one and only trip to Plymouth was a 0-0 draw. Ardiles and Archibald playing if I can remember correctly. 

Escorted across the pitch after full time. Only time I've experienced that. 

Archibold and Ardiles played in that 0-3 loss. Ardiles got " quietened " by Nicky Marker and had to be subbed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Archibold and Ardiles played in that 0-3 loss. Ardiles got " quietened " by Nicky Marker and had to be subbed.

The game they played in is the below...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Archibold and Ardiles played in that 0-3 loss. Ardiles got " quietened " by Nicky Marker and had to be subbed.

It wasn't the same 0-3 as the video clip TS, I was at that Ardiles game and it would have been 1988.

 

Edit - Mark beat me to it!

Edited by oldjamfan1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.