BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

3 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Did somebody forget tp pay the electric bills,it looks very dark,they need to switch the floodlights on.

There were issues with the floodlights then. I think the decision to build the new stadium had been taken so repairs at Ewood were being minimised.

I remember the Hull league cup game well if only for that dingle Payton equalising. Then it got even worse over the coming weeks when Don tried to sign him!

Edited by Gav

57 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Alan Fettis in goal for Hull, and making some useful saves that no doubt contributed to his recruitment to Rovers. Widely held to be 'the worst keeper' we ever had...?

Matt Dickins

Darren Collier

John Butcher 

all deserve to be in that conversation...

48 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Matt Dickins

Darren Collier

John Butcher 

all deserve to be in that conversation...

Butcher had mitigating circumstances - he used to drink at least 20 pints a night in the Beechwood (long before it was a Tesco store!) and then wobble off home along Livesey Branch Rd. Can't say I remember Collier or Dickins. My overriding memories of Rovers goalies are good and golden - Jones, Friedel, Arnold, Flowers, Kelly, Filan, Gennoe all made the position safe for me

• Like 2