Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Herbie6590

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

Recommended Posts

the bolton away game is up there in the top ten favourite matches,fantastic away support,freezing cold night and playing the notlobs off the park,best jansen goal as well😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Jansen, Mark Hughes, Damien Duff, Brad Friedel, Henning Berg,David Dunn. What a team - which Division were they playing in? Oh yeah, the same one we are playing in now.

I think that's what you call a 'sobering thought'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Elvis Biro said:

Matt Jansen, Mark Hughes, Damien Duff, Brad Friedel, Henning Berg,David Dunn. What a team - which Division were they playing in? Oh yeah, the same one we are playing in now.

I think that's what you call a 'sobering thought'.

That team would walk this Division. If they played our current 11 it'd be like the Dingle rout,  5-0.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

And Gillespie, Flitcroft, Berkovic, Short, Hignett, Bjornebye, McAteer, Damien Johnson.

Some squad that for the second tier, and no wonder the core of it won cups and qualified for Europe in future seasons.

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some Worthington Cup memories coming up...first of all, the road to Cardiff...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Some Worthington Cup memories coming up...first of all, the road to Cardiff...

 

Some great football in those games. It makes what we are seeing now look like a different game altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/07/2020 at 19:37, Gav said:

A picture for some of the older posters, taken from Blackburn now and then, Easter fair with Ewood in the background 1972 

image.png.0bc88690d93b61a458ebd3c7f6ec1572.png

What a superb and iconic picture...memories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Some great football in those games. It makes what we are seeing now look like a different game altogether.

rovers had far better players and a manager who let them express themselves,the souness era had us playing some fantastic stuff,till he lost the plot and started to fall out with everybody and anybody,souness is  the type of bloke who`d kick the monopoly board across the room if he landed on mayfair with a hotel on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way before my time but these brief highlights popped up on Twitter earlier:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frosty said:

Way before my time but these brief highlights popped up on Twitter earlier:

 

What a goal. What a player. The King Of Ewood Park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Rovers v Huddersfield FA Cup 1939....54,000+ at Ewood as the Union Jack flys proudly from the packed Riverside.

 

 

19729656_450_450_7287_0_fit_0_c1a2f8329122665e8f48e04d30b308c9.jpg

great photo,never ever seen the blackburn end without it`s roof,when was it erected??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
3 hours ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Rovers v Huddersfield FA Cup 1939....54,000+ at Ewood as the Union Jack flys proudly from the packed Riverside.

 

 

19729656_450_450_7287_0_fit_0_c1a2f8329122665e8f48e04d30b308c9.jpg

Was the grounds man drunk when he painted the touch line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

great photo,never ever seen the blackburn end without it`s roof,when was it erected??

The money from the 1959-60 FA Cup run paid for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Easter Fair was the best two weeks of the year each and every year when I was young, both on the old market and then on the “bottom field “as we who lived around Ewood called it. Magic memories. 

41E5E90C-E5FE-48B3-A8E7-F1C682B9EBA0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 25/07/2020 at 14:11, frosty said:

Way before my time but these brief highlights popped up on Twitter earlier:

 

Rovers fans on the Darwen End? it was years after the fences went up?

Maybe an early initiative to get the fans behind the team from both ends and stick the away fans in the enclosure?

Great atmosphere and superb shirt.

Edited by Gav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A Northern Horde... said:

The grand old Riverside stand and Terrace...

 

 

Ewood Park.jpeg

My earliest memory of attending Ewood was the FA Youth Cup Final of 1959. My grandad was a steward in the Riverside stand and got me and my dad in and we sat close to the front towards the Darwen End. I don’t remember the game  much, just the atmosphere of 28,000 + supporters and cheering the players with the cup at the end. 
Reading about the game in later years, Moore and Hurst for West Ham and them missing a pen and Newton, Pickering and England for us and winning it in extra time made me realise that this was the defining moment I became a Rovers supporter, and still am, 60 years on. It’s been one hell of a roller coaster ride. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great picture that, its where I started my Rovers obsession.

I don't know about anyone else but I still get excited at the sight of a football ground, driving around the country I'll often make detours to see a ground I've never seen before, even driving down M66 and seeing the Breezeblock gives me a buzz!

My lad, not so much, he couldn't care less to be honest, whilst me and the Mrs are jumping around like kids at Christmas.........much simpler times years ago I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gav said:

Great picture that, its where I started my Rovers obsession.

I don't know about anyone else but I still get excited at the sight of a football ground, driving around the country I'll often make detours to see a ground I've never seen before, even driving down M66 and seeing the Breezeblock gives me a buzz!

My lad, not so much, he couldn't care less to be honest, whilst me and the Mrs are jumping around like kids at Christmas.........much simpler times years ago I guess.

i know what you mean,i still get a buzz when i see floodlights in the distance!!!!!!!,i suppose when i was growing up there was barely any live maches on tv so saturday afternoon was sacred

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.