BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Is it definitely 1973? I remember going down to Ewood to help clear the pitch before the Man City cup game in 1969 with lots of others.

I got it from Andy Bayes twitter. Tweet was recent. Sure it said '73 but might be wrong. It might have happened in both years,. It snowed a lot more back then! 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I got it from Andy Bayes twitter. Tweet was recent. Sure it said '73 but might be wrong. 

Thanks. On closer inspection there is a kid who has a similar geeky hairstyle to mine at the time. Could be coincidence though.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Is it definitely 1973? I remember going down to Ewood to help clear the pitch before the Man City cup game in 1969 with lots of others.

I went down in the early 70s once Tony. I would have been ever-so-slightly too young to help in 1969, so this pic could have been that time. 

• Like 1

On 06/06/2020 at 15:08, Herbie6590 said:

In this thread, please feel free to post any TV, YouTube clips of Rovers in days gone by...if anyone has any old VHS tapes but doesn't know how to convert them to digital...DM me, I might be able to assist...

I've around 20 (maybe more) VHS tapes with clips of Rovers in the 90's and possibly early 2000's taped from the TV. Think there's the Rovers v Leicester paly off final and Worthington cup final v Spurs among them. If anyone wants them they're free to a good home. Can be collected (when circumstances allow) from South Lakes or I can post them but you'll have to pay for the postage.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

All four of those players were full England Internationals.

Indeed. It was the  England captaincy aspect of it that I thought may have been very unusual. I can't think of many others in my lifetime that have subsequently dropped down and played at that level.