BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

The old wine lodge.

I remember when they changed it to the blob shop equipped with bouncer on door  "No trainers in here lads" - Looking for a different kind of clientele - Cheeky barsteward - One lad got in and opened the fire exit - Job done!

May be an image of 2 people

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

The old wine lodge.

I remember when they changed it to the blob shop equipped with bouncer on door  "No trainers in here lads" - Looking for a different kind of clientele - Cheeky barsteward - One lad got in and opened the fire exit - Job done!

May be an image of 2 people

Is that not the original Wine Lodge? I don't remember the name of the street but it was round the corner from where M&S is now.

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

couple of glasses of aussie white wine was guaranteed to get the night off to swinging start!!!!!!!!!

Are you referring to the original one? If so can you remember the street name?

Edit: Just found this.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/6041750.mystery-old-yatess-wine-lodge/

Edited by arbitro

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Are you referring to the original one? If so can you remember the street name?

never ventured into the original wine lodge,used to frequent the chorley one and later on the blackburn blob shop,which was also stupidly renamed the flying haggis before it shut for good,was about as scottish as a tequila sunrise!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

couple of glasses of aussie white wine was guaranteed to get the night off to swinging start!!!!!!!!!

We used to go in the old Yates’s for a couple of Docks of white wine with green chartreuse chasers !! Yes, I know, it’s a wonder I’m not blind. Then it was off to the more up market pubs on the Coast. Happy days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Is that not the original Wine Lodge? I don't remember the name of the street but it was round the corner from where M&S is now.

I only knew the one up from Woolworths and this looks like the bar from that place, but I could be wrong arbito.

29 minutes ago, Gav said:

I only knew the one up from Woolworths and this looks like the bar from that place, but I could be wrong arbito.

It looks more like the old Wine Lodge bar to me Gav. I remember  the contraptions on the front of the bar so help with an orderly queue. Hopefully somebody will remember for definite. 

• Like 1