BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 20th June - 3pm KO

13 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

if the u23s have a lb worthy of a chance I’d be up for it . I haven’t seen any u23 games this season with the exception of the wolves game at leyland so cant really comment their

Lewis Thompson is the left-back, good player and much like the other youth lads - he's been very involved in this mini-pre-season.

• Moderation Lead

Bell and Williams are like the Fiat 500 and Nissan Micra of left backs. 
You know that there are better available, but they are most likely out of our budget....

(Unless we can get an old Golf with low mileage on a cheap deal, for example). 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Judging from rothwells Instagram post. Him, gallagher and graham are all on the 2nd rovers team and travis and tosin were in the 1st team.

Yeah I read into the shirts too. I saw Lenihan, Tosin, Travis, Holtby in the blue/whites, while Johnson, Smallwood, Graham, Gallagher were all in our away colours. Only surprise there would be Gallagher, given Tony's Gally RW love in.

From the recent Richie Sharpe  tweet and the Joe H post on here about the Graham hat-trick, looks like the friendly was 3-2 to the team in the away kit , Rovers will be releasing footage of the goals later

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Bell is a third division player who is repeatedly exposed at this level. Cunningham is simply superior as a full back, either as a defender or on the overlap, and we really missed him.

I’d be interested to see how we did in games with Bell compared to Cunningham 

Genuinely no idea how the stats would look 

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

From the recent Richie Sharpe  tweet and the Joe H post on here about the Graham hat-trick, looks like the friendly was 3-2 to the team in the away kit , Rovers will be releasing footage of the goals later

Bit concerning if Danny Graham bagged a hat-trick against the Lenihan/Tosin partnership! Look forward to seeing the goal later.

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Bell and Williams are like the Fiat 500 and Nissan Micra of left backs. 
You know that there are better available, but they are most likely out of our budget....

(Unless we can get an old Golf with low mileage on a cheap deal, for example). 

bell is more like a lancia,looks ok but when it gets started gives you serious problems,williams is akin to a reliant robin,easy to knock of the road and likely to fall to pieces!!!!

myself,id`e rather hunt for a subaru impreza which needs a bit of work,once it gets going there no stopping it and it`s rapid

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’d be interested to see how we did in games with Bell compared to Cunningham 

Genuinely no idea how the stats would look 

Cunningham played 7 x 90 minutes for us, we beat Boro, Hull, Reading and Milwall, drew with Forest and lost to West Brom and Luton. So 13 points from 7 games, at 1.86 points per game. 

Bell has started 19 times, in which we won 6, drew 7 and lost 6. So picking up points at 1.39 points per game

In addition to this, Cunningham played about 15 minutes at QPR and went off injured, Bell came on and played the majority of that game and we lost 4-2. I have not included that in either, nor have I included Bell coming on at HT in the loss at Huddersfield, in which it was 1 all at HT.

2 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Hoping for a fully pulled up socks reaction to the Liverpool result come Saturday.

Really don’t understand the logic of having a friendly with Liverpool before the re-start. A chance for players to get signed shirts?

A morale-sapping encounter with no fans around to generate interest and income. Where was this kind of friendly in proper pre-season? We didn’t have any!!

They shouldn’t be having to “pick themselves up” they should have been “raring to go”. Meanwhile I expect Bristol City will be quite upbeat after a 3-2 defeat against Southampton.

12 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Here is the link and video , goals from the game approx 4 minutes in

The crowd noise seems quite pathetic. Another example of real life fans being unnecessary. The players will no doubt be laughing about how rocking the place must have been back when Hughes and Williams were here. What a club we were.

Now, literally a shell. :( 

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cunningham played 7 x 90 minutes for us, we beat Boro, Hull, Reading and Milwall, drew with Forest and lost to West Brom and Luton. So 13 points from 7 games, at 1.86 points per game. 

Bell has started 19 times, in which we won 6, drew 7 and lost 6. So picking up points at 1.39 points per game

In addition to this, Cunningham played about 15 minutes at QPR and went off injured, Bell came on and played the majority of that game and we lost 4-2. I have not included that in either, nor have I included Bell coming on at HT in the loss at Huddersfield, in which it was 1 all at HT.

Cheers so there is a material difference based on that 

• Like 1