BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 20th June - 3pm KO

• Backroom

I don’t see a way they can be as motivated as normal, no matter what in an empty stadium it’s going to feel like a friendly in their mind somewhere especially the first game or two

• Like 1

I have quite enjoyed reading the threads across the board during lockdown, it’s been easy reading because nobody has really been whingeing or arguing about the posts. However, now that the league is about to start we are seeing lots of doom and gloom even before a ball has been kicked.

The responses from a number of people posting seem to suggest that our players are lacking professionalism and will approach these games in a lackadaisical manner. These two warm up games were exactly what they say. No one is going to go 100mph and risk injury, they are building themselves up for the real thing, starting on Saturday. 

Come 5pm on Saturday, then we can have a more balanced debate on the match and players. As Oddball would say “What’s with the negative vibes”. COYB

2 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

I have quite enjoyed reading the threads across the board during lockdown, it’s been easy reading because nobody has really been whingeing or arguing about the posts. However, now that the league is about to start we are seeing lots of doom and gloom even before a ball has been kicked.

The responses from a number of people posting seem to suggest that our players are lacking professionalism and will approach these games in a lackadaisical manner. These two warm up games were exactly what they say. No one is going to go 100mph and risk injury, they are building themselves up for the real thing, starting on Saturday. 

Come 5pm on Saturday, then we can have a more balanced debate on the match and players. As Oddball would say “What’s with the negative vibes”. COYB

People have speculated, suggested and questioned rather than stated and it is a fair question. Theres an acceptance that these games are of course friendly but ita fair to question that even factoring in the players professionalism, how it may be difficult to play at exactly the same intensity considering the situation, the size of the break and the lack of supporters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riversider28 said:

Obviously avoided all the political threads then ?

I expect the players will be really up for this beforehand after having nothing competitive for months.  Whether that lasts or indeed transmits itself beyond the first 15 mins on Sat who knows.

Rovers   3    City   2

The Bundesliga matches have been played at an excellent level of intensity imo so there's no reason whatsoever why the players in this Country can't reproduce that.

If they don't it says rather more about their lack of character than the concept of football BCD. 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The Bundesliga matches have been played at an excellent level of intensity imo so there's no reason whatsoever why the players in this Country can't reproduce that.

If they don't it says rather more about their lack of character than the concept of football BCD. 

It’s been discussed quite a lot in Germany that the goalkeeping standard has dropped since the postponements. It’s assumed that keepers suffered due to training on their own and are taking longer to get ‘match fit’. You’d like to think we’ve looked at that and will be shooting earlier. 

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s been discussed quite a lot in Germany that the goalkeeping standard has dropped since the postponements. It’s assumed that keepers suffered due to training on their own and are taking longer to get ‘match fit’. You’d like to think we’ve looked at that and will be shooting earlier. 

Shouldn't affect us as much as Walton wasn't starting from much of a base to begin with....

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yeah I saw that. Judging by the lineups, it could be Mulgrew at LB on Saturday. Didn’t see that one coming, I’ll be honest.

New depths.

It would be bad enough if Mulgrew was on the bench but if he starts on Saturday then Mowbray has lost the plot.

Even at this stage of the season, Mulgrew would be taking up a spot that could be occupied by a youth player.

4 hours ago, J*B said:

SSN just announced that a Bristol player has just tested positive for COVID. 

It's Weimann. Pretty good news for us in playing terms but obviously much more importantly it's very sad for him and his family, even if okay right now. 

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

New depths.

It would be bad enough if Mulgrew was on the bench but if he starts on Saturday then Mowbray has lost the plot.

Even at this stage of the season, Mulgrew would be taking up a spot that could be occupied by a youth player.

Only if it doesn’t work. As much as I would be against the idea. If it works and we win. I will hold my hand up and admit I was wrong.

20 minutes ago, rigger said:

Only if it doesn’t work. As much as I would be against the idea. If it works and we win. I will hold my hand up and admit I was wrong.

May as well play you or me at left back by that logic. We’ll never know if it’s the wrong thing unless it happens. Then we can talk about the power of hindsight.

Mulgrew was great for this club but should be nowhere near our first team at this stage.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

May as well play you or me at left back by that logic. We’ll never know if it’s the wrong thing unless it happens. Then we can talk about the power of hindsight.

Mulgrew was great for this club but should be nowhere near our first team at this stage.

The trouble with your argument is, that the likelihood of Mulgrew having a reasonable game is immensely greater than mine. I cannot comment on yours.

If any player is showing at being the best in any certain position, he should be picked.

Edited by rigger

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

The trouble with your argument is, that the likelihood of Mulgrew having a reasonable game is immensely greater than mine. I cannot comment on yours.

If any player is showing at being the best in any certain position, he should be picked.

If Mulgrew is currently one of the best XI players in our squad then Mowbray needs sacking.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stuart said:

If Mulgrew is currently one of the best XI players in our squad then Mowbray needs sacking.

You never know he may well be the best player at left back that we have to pick from. Unless I saw what was available at training on a regular basis I would not make any form of opinion