BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 20th June - 3pm KO

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Once I came out and went back in it seemed to clear the picture and no problems after that - so I suppose I missed the first ten minutes or so.  Pleased I gave it one last go to work as it was a very good team performance.  Didn't seem to be a weak link anywhere - although Walton was dreadful for their goal.  Evans outstanding in midfield and we seemed much fitter than Bristol.  

The prospect of watching possibly half of next season this way is pretty depressing as today proved beyond doubt, for me, that watching Rovers on TV is nowhere near as good as being there.

RE The last paragraph, obviously it’s not the same. But I’m very grateful there’s a solution in place, that the iFollow problem was fixed and that the season hasn’t just been written off. 

5 minutes ago, m4xypp said:

Great result and others results really gone our way. A side note on ifollow. Rovers ifollow you can currently hear the staff clanging equipment about over a screen of rolling stats. Bristols ifollow now has a full analysis of the game, goal replays. Even had a pre match build up and halftime draws. Night an day to our effort.

Highlights on now

Just now, Doaksie said:

We've given ourselves a chance. Let's we hope we can maintain this new momentum 

Our GD is better than most too - which is a rare thing in many seasons. Who knows - at least we have something to play for! 

12 minutes ago, Dave S said:

Enjoyed that.

Another first timer on ifollow

Who were the commentary team?

Neil Yardley and Warren Lucy. Neil was with Radio Rovers for years, and I believe he has been associated with the broadcast side of the club - initially through his parents since the mid 90's in one form or another. I was delighted to see him involved with iFollow Rovers in August 2017, after having not been there in the beginning. Neil makes it so much more special being a Rovers-fan abroad - and player/staff too, I'm sure. He is quite simply a superb journalist with incredible people skills. The man could easily have become a psychiatrist. He asks just the right questions, and strikes a perfect balance too - always knowing how to bring out the best of people, and make them feel at ease.

Warren turned up on June 27th 2017, as part of the move to iFollow, taking over from Edward Bretherton. I’ve come to enjoy his honest side-commentary, and he is not afraid to criticise the team.

Edited by capybara
  • Like 6

Just now, J*B said:

RE The last paragraph, obviously it’s not the same. But I’m very grateful there’s a solution in place, that the iFollow problem was fixed and that the season hasn’t just been written off. 

Football is back.

We just had a great win.

The table looks quite nice.

Feels very good right now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

The prospect of watching possibly half of next season this way is pretty depressing as today proved beyond doubt, for me, that watching Rovers on TV is nowhere near as good as being there.

I usually agree as I dont tend to enjoy the games I illegally watch on ifollow as.much as being there but I did enjoy the game today. That may have just been the performance though or the fact I wasnt watching on my own but it was for me much better than no football at all.

• Like 1

I’m so glad that was worth the wait!

Evans, Travis, Brereton my stand outs.

JRC for filling in against a good opponent.

Mowbray team worries me at start but tactics paid off well again.

Table looks beautiful.

Counting down to next week already!

Enjoy your Saturday evening all.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I usually agree as I dont tend to enjoy the games I illegally watch on ifollow as.much as being there but I did enjoy the game today. That may have just been the performance though or the fact I wasnt watching on my own but it was for me much better than no football at all.

we will be back by september, i said that when this all started, over in Croatia fans are back in the ground, down to defcon 3 here as well.

Edited by EgyptianPete

Just now, Wood26 said:

I’m so glad that was worth the wait!

Evans, Travis, Brereton my stand outs.

JRC for filling in against a good opponent.

Mowbray team worries me at start but tactics paid off well again.

Table looks beautiful.

Counting down to next week already!

Enjoy your Saturday evening all.

Aye, cannot take Travis for granted. Lad doesn’t look like he was away for a few weeks. Great engine and kept our team ticking over. 
like the look of Davenport when he came on.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Once I came out and went back in it seemed to clear the picture and no problems after that - so I suppose I missed the first ten minutes or so.  Pleased I gave it one last go to work as it was a very good team performance.  Didn't seem to be a weak link anywhere - although Walton was dreadful for their goal.  Evans outstanding in midfield and we seemed much fitter than Bristol.  

Needs must on a (hopefully) temporary basis but I actually enjoyed today's game more than most this season.

If it's deemed necessary in general to be ridiculously over cautious going forward then there's nothing we can do about it but as far as the football is concerned, if it has to be behind BCD then bring it on as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Think BCD will suit us...to much nerves otherwise with crowd...

Home record kind of disproves that.

If they shape therselves at Ewood they get the crowd behind them, simple really.

Well that was lovely despite Walton's awful attempt for their goal (strengthen those wrists again) and the ref howler denying JRC a perfectly good debut goal.

Credit to Mowbray. Everything he did - selection, tactics and subs worked to perfection. 

No players were weak but shout outs to Bennett- no loose passes or wild lunges

JRC- given run around early on but grew in stature

Evans and Travis were immense in midfield and Downing added the class

Brereton- what a shame his feet went when round the keeper with an open goal. In all fairness players were slipping all over the field and I think the ref was not making allowances either although Bristol City were niggly dirty.

Samuel gave them some frights when he came on. Arma missed horribly and then scored sublimely.

And Tosin is just different class. Fantastic goal to round off a commanding performance.

Well done lads.

Would fancy Wigan in front of a raucous away crowd but... 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Aye, cannot take Travis for granted. Lad doesn’t look like he was away for a few weeks. Great engine and kept our team ticking over. 
like the look of Davenport when he came on.

No matter what level anyone has played at, you just know Travis would be a pain in the arse. 90th minute and he still all over there left back to stop them playing out.

Come on Rovers!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Going under the radar again...

Screenshot_20200620-171155_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3092196c903a80a6673d109fe15575a8.jpg

That’s ridiculous BBC. Fortunately I continued to watch SSN and saw Paul Merson be very positive in his analysis of the game; saying we “had goals in us” and definitely “dark horses” for the playoffs.

• Like 2