BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 20th June - 3pm KO

11 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

we will be back by september, i said that when this all started, over in Croatia fans are back in the ground, down to defcon 3 here as well.

Depends really. Things look okay at the moment, but it's possible the infection rate will increase at some point over late summer/autumn, and if/when it does crowds at the football will be one of the first casualties.

• Like 1

Very good win and performance. 

Definitely didnt feel the same but think that goes without saying.

Travis and especially Evans were the stand out 2 players. Both centre backs very good too, Adarabioyo with a great goal. Walton with a shocking mistake. Thought JRC looked like a young lad playing out of position which of course he was. Perhaps a little unlucky with the goal though. Bennett has had worse games at RB although I of course hope Nyambe is back next week. Holtby quiet, Downing tidy enough.

Still not convinced 100% about this false 9 experiment. That is the best it has worked and you can understand the thinking as it would mean that we dont need

Out of the strikers. Armstrong stands out because out of the 4 he seems to be the only one who ends up in goalscoring positions, even if he often makes poor decisions and lacks subtlety at times. The first one he rushed and blazed over, the second was superbly composed into the corner, the third he should have feinted because the defender was throwing himself at the ball.

Brereton had a very promising game, some enterprising runs. When it mattered though he slipped and it summed him up sadly. Samuel was decent, dont think we should keep him around though and Gallagher I just dont know what hes about. So clumsy and ineffective.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, philipl said:

Well that was lovely despite Walton's awful attempt for their goal (strengthen those wrists again) and the ref howler denying JRC a perfectly good debut goal.

Credit to Mowbray. Everything he did - selection, tactics and subs worked to perfection. 

No players were weak but shout outs to Bennett- no loose passes or wild lunges

JRC- given run around early on but grew in stature

Evans and Travis were immense in midfield and Downing added the class

Brereton- what a shame his feet went when round the keeper with an open goal. In all fairness players were slipping all over the field and I think the ref was not making allowances either although Bristol City were niggly dirty.

Samuel gave them some frights when he came on. Arma missed horribly and then scored sublimely.

And Tosin is just different class. Fantastic goal to round off a commanding performance.

Well done lads.

Would fancy Wigan in front of a raucous away crowd but... 

Not so sure, it's been a while since that's counted for much away at their place!

Fully agree with the rest of your post. Whilst Evans is rightly getting plaudits, Travis again went about his job magnificently. That boy is a player. 

• Like 1

Very good result, wasn't confident before ko and it's first game back after a long break, but I never felt we were under pressure.

Walton was poor for their goal, Bennet barely put a foot wrong, Brereton looks like the break has done him the world of good.

Well done Tony and the boys, unexpected relatively easy win.

1 point off a play off place.......Mowbray in!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Going under the radar again...

Screenshot_20200620-171155_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3092196c903a80a6673d109fe15575a8.jpg

Tbf, and I was in shock, Merson watched our game and just tipped us as play off dark horses saying we looked full of goals. Not often we get nice things said on sky sports news!

Wigan now on 5 clean sheets in a row so that's gonna be a real battle. Imagine if we could bloody go to the game! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

ok, had ifollow since the start so been through 99% of the problems, just trying to help if people have not used it regularly.

2-1 cracking goal from Tosin

I've used it before and apart from the odd blip it's been fine. Today it was terrible.

Only issue I had before was that I couldn't screen cast it to my tv on ios.

• Like 1

I watched Soccer Saturday and Jeff Stelling said we have dropped 25 points from winning positions this season. Just hanging on to half of them would have put us challenging Leeds and West Brom. Merson was full of praise for us and said what we all know that we have goals in us. It's the other end that has worried me for a few years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave S said:

Enjoyed that.

Another first timer on ifollow

Who were the commentary team?

Neil and Warren Lucy. Warren provides the comedy, usually in the form of a detailed explanation of the Chinese he's going to order after we win! 

• Backroom
53 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Gutted for Brereton not getting the goal he deserved. He definitely wasn’t the only player to slip though. 

Weird 4-5 players slipped after half time, we must have over watered it 

26 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Neil and Warren Lucy. Warren provides the comedy, usually in the form of a detailed explanation of the Chinese he's going to order after we win! 

Warren ready used to annoy me but I've warmed to him over time. Hes a Crawley Town fan I think but move north to take Rovers  social media lead role and has the passion of the newly converted. 

Edited by joey_big_nose

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Gutted for Brereton not getting the goal he deserved. He definitely wasn’t the only player to slip though. 

I thought he was unlucky: put in a real sprint to get a toe to the ball first but that put him beyond where the ball ended up. Slipping while trying to stop and turn around in a split second was just bad luck on what was clearly a very well watered part of the pitch given the goalie slipped soon after just taking a goal kick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Needs must on a (hopefully) temporary basis but I actually enjoyed today's game more than most this season.

If it's deemed necessary in general to be ridiculously over cautious going forward then there's nothing we can do about it but as far as the football is concerned, if it has to be behind BCD then bring it on as far as I'm concerned.

Don't get me wrong Rev, I enjoyed the game once the problems were sorted out.  But it simply reminded me that there is nothing like 'being there' as opposed to watching on TV.  Sadly, I fear we won't get back until some time in 2021, particularly older folk like myself.  But, as you say, the streaming service is better than nothing.

• Like 2

I'm not sure the holtby as a false 9 is going to be particularly successful. I thought Graham looked much better when he came on as a deep lying forward.

Perhaps Holtbys role could be on the left of the midfield 3 if we stick with this formation. The 3 who played today were good today but they'll be opportunities to move him back there as the games come thick and fast.

19 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I'd be interested to see what the ifollow viewing figures for the game were. 

A worrying sign for me was that it has been relatively quiet on here today: getting out of the habit and all that....

The last home game against Swansea had 29 pages of comments - we're on 30 now.

• Like 3