BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 20th June - 3pm KO

Regarding Gallagher, I actually watched the game on Robins TV the Bristol version. They were saying first half what a clever player he was and worrying their defence. I'm not saying I particularly agree but it's always interesting hearing how they read the game.

I'd be starting Brero and Armo up front at Wigan

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Regarding Gallagher, I actually watched the game on Robins TV the Bristol version. They were saying first half what a clever player he was and worrying their defence. I'm not saying I particularly agree but it's always interesting hearing how they read the game.

I'd be starting Brero and Armo up front at Wigan

I actually thought Gally made a bit of a nuisance of himself today. But he was also very clumsy.

Well who saw that result coming? Very big result in the grand scheme of things, and an extra boost with some of the results going our way too!  Important we continue with the buzz next week against a revamped 'tics they are on the rise will Paul Cock and the likely lads.  I am sure we owe that bunch something considering they ended Dack's season. But credit to the boys today they looked great.  Evans like a new signing!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

Regarding Mowbray subs,maybe the long layoff has had him think F*** it i'm going to go for it from now on,what is there to lose

If only.

Think it's just more down to him getting mins on the pitch for as many as poss as quick as poss.

Getting them back into it.

Terrific win and performance in a game against top 6 rivals and a side that normally I'd have down as a really tough ask to overcome. 

Puts us in a good place and confident after the unknowns of the first game back. Making up valuable ground on Forest, Preston, Bristol and Millwall. 

It makes things interesting/exciting with the games remaining, though I still think we've left ourselves too much to do. Only 3 of 8 now at home, 2 of which are against the best 2 sides in the league, and real battles at away grounds against rivals (Cardiff and Millwall) and relegation battlers desperate for points (Barnsley, Wigan, Luton). Tough ask and I suspect we will live to regret cheap points squandered earlier in the season from winning positions.

As long as we give it a good go and Preston don't get in there I'll be content.

I was very impressed by how comfortable we were in the second half. 

I still don't know why our goal was disallowed. Scandalous. 

Ended up watching it through Robins TV. Somehow they felt they were the victims this afternoon and it was satisfying watching Johnson's dad eating sour grapes after the game.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

A bit harsh IMO, a hard low shot from distance across the keeper’s line of travel that needed a very sharp save.

Fair enough but it was a perfect ball to be struck and he fluffed it a little. I’m far from a Bennett fan but that was close to his best performance of the season, in that apart from one ludicrous inside ball in the second half to Johnson, he was solid throughout.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Terrific win and performance in a game against top 6 rivals and a side that normally I'd have down as a really tough ask to overcome. 

Puts us in a good place and confident after the unknowns of the first game back. Making up valuable ground on Forest, Preston, Bristol and Millwall. 

It makes things interesting/exciting with the games remaining, though I still think we've left ourselves too much to do. Only 3 of 8 now at home, 2 of which are against the best 2 sides in the league, and real battles at away grounds against rivals (Cardiff and Millwall) and relegation battlers desperate for points (Barnsley, Wigan, Luton). Tough ask and I suspect we will live to regret cheap points squandered earlier in the season from winning positions.

As long as we give it a good go and Preston don't get in there I'll be content.

I was very impressed by how comfortable we were in the second half. 

I still don't know why our goal was disallowed. Scandalous. 

Ended up watching it through Robins TV. Somehow they felt they were the victims this afternoon and it was satisfying watching Johnson's dad eating sour grapes after the game.

Interested to know what they thought they fell victim too?

Also their gaffer looked like a baseball coach on the sideline.

I have never cared about Wigan before, but the way their fans treated Dack when he got hurt, I hope we tear them apart. 

My boozing is carrying on well into the night tonight! 

The 10-minute extended highlights with commentary are now available on your iFollow account, available to all who are registered.

They were up by 8.30 am Bkk time, 2.30 am UK time, which is quite impressive.

The Tosin goal gets better and better with each viewing.

If Walton would simply focus on stopping the shot and not constantly look for a Kodak Moment he may do better.

Great result. COYB :rover:

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Away games aren't what they used to be. We were the only home side in the Championship to win today. Six away sides won.

Seen a few people commenting on us having tricky away games but as I've said before, is there such thing as home advantage now? I guess you will know your own pitch a bit better and don't have to travel but surely it's not like it was? Playing Leeds at home without a packed Darwen end will also be more appealing.

• Like 1

Going into the last 5 minutes, 8 away sides were in the lead. 

Could have been just a freak day, as the Bundesliga started the same way, but more home sides are now winning there again, but we certainly shouldn’t worry about going to Wigan and Barnsley.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Seen a few people commenting on us having tricky away games but as I've said before, is there such thing as home advantage now? I guess you will know your own pitch a bit better and don't have to travel but surely it's not like it was? Playing Leeds at home without a packed Darwen end will also be more appealing.

We were the only home team to win yesterday. Home advantage definitely seems to be counting for less.

We’ve given ourselves a very good chance. Think the break came at a good time and our squad depth can be utilised with the 5 subs. Evans and Holtby returning are big pluses. Being the outsider also helps.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Going into the last 5 minutes, 8 away sides were in the lead. 

Could have been just a freak day, as the Bundesliga started the same way, but more home sides are now winning there again, but we certainly shouldn’t worry about going to Wigan and Barnsley.

Before the Bundesliga matches this week only 21% of home matches (from the 56 games played) had been won by the home side (the normal average is 43%), that is a big drop off.  

29 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

Before the Bundesliga matches this week only 21% of home matches (from the 56 games played) had been won by the home side (the normal average is 43%), that is a big drop off.  

Yep, I think yesterday was the first time Leipzig had failed to score all season, its definitely having an impact. I wonder if Leeds might fall apart without the crowd roaring them on?

12 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I thiught you were saying he should go the other day.....

I don't recall saying Samuel should go, maybe I did but I don't recall. Maybe I was talking about his departure as something I assumed would happen. But I think there's a player there and he's better than half of the strikers we have at the club.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

we certainly shouldn’t worry about going to Wigan and Barnsley.

Agreed.

I think the game at Wigan is one of our biggest opportunities to break the Wigan away curse in a long time. They'll be riding on false confidence from a win against a very lowly Huddersfield side. I think we'll simply over power them like we did at Ewood in 18/19. Without the big 4k plus away following we usually take to the DW, I think there'll be much less pressure on us to perform.

Genuinely the most assured I've been of a victory this season as we head into the Wigan game. I think we can finally pick up three points at their place.