BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 20th June - 3pm KO

• Backroom
10 hours ago, neophox said:

Joe had a good game at left back. I wonder if Bell will get in the side for the last eight games. 

I thought he was our weakest outfield player first half and they spotted that but seemed to pick up second half but they didn’t really show any attacking intent to test 

He’s young and has potential but would prefer to see him further forward 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They dont help themselves.

IMG_20200621_193652.jpg

Please say someone’s taking the piss with some photoshop equipment. Surely they haven’t done that whilst manacling JW to a railing. It’s totally believable they’ve done that though but don’t like seeing them there even as cardboard. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

what’s wrong with that? It’s there club, they’ve been very good owners over the last couple of years. Even a cut out of Jack ??‍♂️

Just seems very strange to feel the need to make cut out of themselves considering that they havent bothered to find the time to actually attend in all of these years.

And the Jack Walker cut out is very shabbily done as an afterthought.

Very good owners is shall we say a slight stretch too!

• Like 3

If that’s real. I could get on board with it if jack is behind them looking down in disgust. Also re very good owners over last few years comment. Too little too late. It’s like someone shooting you in the chest then giving you some bandages to make up for it. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just seems very strange to feel the need to make cut out of themselves considering that they havent bothered to find the time to actually attend in all of these years.

And the Jack Walker cut out is very shabbily done as an afterthought.

Very good owners is shall we say a slight stretch too!

Probably correlation that Myers the ex commS director asked on Twitter a few weeks ago would fans welcome them back at the ground and ran a poll. Couldn’t be bothered or staying away as they were unwelcome, or both maybe.

Point is, it’s there. The club isn’t jacks anymore sadly, it’s the Raos and they didn’t even have to have jack there. It’s a nice touch he’s there alongside, if there’s be another place I’m sure he’d be on the same line, I doubt they’re even aware of the cut outs most likely someone in PR or marketing thinking.

Good owners recently, I don’t think we can have to many complaints, including people furloughed at the club were the owners are topping there wages up.

Maybe as I’m getting older I’m going soft ??‍♂️

Edited by Scotland1

I've just tried to watch highlights of the game on Rovers ifollow. It won't let me. Wants me to pay a subscription of £45. Very poor site is Rovers. Why can't they get their act together?

Venkys have been the worst owners Rovers have ever had.

Sad to say that by the time they are done we might yet have worse.

If that photo was real, and I really hope it’s a photoshop prank, then it would be another low stoop. The photo of Desai suggests it’s a fake though.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

1 of which has come since November 2017

He's spent over a season out injured, so your comment here is very disingenuous - I'll assume purposefully to try and further your viewpoint - but misleading all the same.

I compare him to the other strikers we have at the club because I have no belief whatsoever that we are looking to bring in any more strikers any time soon. I also don't believe in our ability to sign strikers of better quality than the ones we have now. Samuel is better than Gallagher and Brereton for me, quite easily. Faster than Gallagher and better in the air, much more composed than both Brereton and Gallagher too.

He's been injured for however long and hasn't had a bad game since returning to the side. A goal within 10 minutes of his long term injury return, a great performance away at Charlton where he got a start, and a very good sub appearance yesterday, which again you seem very keen to play down.

For me I think he deserves another year, because in the three or four games he's played since returning from injury he's proved himself to be more than promising enough for me. If we let him go it's not as if he'll be replaced.

Edited by JoeH

20 minutes ago, bazza said:

I've just tried to watch highlights of the game on Rovers ifollow. It won't let me. Wants me to pay a subscription of £45. Very poor site is Rovers. Why can't they get their act together?

Harsh. It's an EFL run platform and frustrations with the iFollow system should be directed towards them and not our club. 

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Like the Venkys even knew there'd be cut out's of their faces there. They barely make huge financial decisions about the club themselves, let alone tedious stuff like this. This has Waggott's finger prints all over it.

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Like the Venkys even knew there'd be cut out's of their faces there. They barely make huge financial decisions about the club themselves, let alone tedious stuff like this. This has Waggott's finger prints all over it.

I hope they paid their £25 each

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

He's spent over a season out injured, so your comment here is very disingenuous - I'll assume purposefully to try and further your viewpoint - but misleading all the same.

I compare him to the other strikers we have at the club because I have no belief whatsoever that we are looking to bring in any more strikers any time soon. I also don't believe in our ability to sign strikers of better quality than the ones we have now. Samuel is better than Gallagher and Brereton for me, quite easily. Faster than Gallagher and better in the air, much more composed than both Brereton and Gallagher too.

He's been injured for however long and hasn't had a bad game since returning to the side. A goal within 10 minutes of his long term injury return, a great performance away at Charlton where he got a start, and a very good sub appearance yesterday, which again you seem very keen to play down.

For me I think he deserves another year, because in the three or four games he's played since returning from injury he's proved himself to be more than promising enough for me. If we let him go it's not as if he'll be replaced.

Im not too sure that composure and Dominic Samuel really go in the same sentence. Hes not a promising and raw young lad, hes coming into his prime at the age of 26 and he has 20 (ish) career goals. 

You seem to be burying the majority of his time here under the carpet. He scored 3 or 4 goals at the start of his Rovers career and then reverted back to type, not scoring after November, and often appearing disinterested and petulant. His injury kept him out for a year and was unfortunate but I dont recall anyone being gutted that we would be without him as it seemed widely accepted that he quite simply wasnt a Championship player.

I just think that a half decent cameo yesterday, thats all it was, his involvement peaking at playing the correct pass within a counter attack, a good finish against an already beaten Hull (the fact that his last goal prior was v Bristol Rovers in November 2017 may be partially for reasons out of his control but equally it is not reason to signal the dawn of a new competent Championship striker) and a decent enough display at Charlton isnt enough to merit a new deal. 

• Like 3

Well after the Liverpool friendly I feared the worst, but what a cracking performance and suddenly we are in the mix!

iFellow worked first time, commentary team were good and it even deployed replays of the key moments.

Lots of decent match reports / comments already, but:

• Bereton was good value (goals will come if he keeps up that work rate).
  • Pleased for Evans who stepped up.
  • Walton, soft hands - put it down to rusty.
  • Gutted for JRC as a goal would have been great for confidence.
  • Armstrong continues his goal scoring run, that’s what you need at this stage of the season.
  • Travis clearly fancies a stint in Game of Thrones with that hair style!

Burnley on tomorrow night, only club expecting a higher than normal attendance despite the lockdown restrictions.

• Like 3

Cardboard cut outs every bit as cringey as the giant Mowbray flag being waved in from of the cameras. Or even the chicken munching advert, it just sums the club up under this lot some things will never change there will always be an element of the ridiculous.

Just those comfy at the club buttering up their paymasters knowing Vs probably love that kind of thing. 

By the way i notice there's 6 of them now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bazza said:

Login to iFollow and try the extended highlights, not the short version.

If that fails the Bristol City version of the extended highlights are on YouTube

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Yes the cut out thing was tacky and frankly bizarre. It seems someone made a late decision to make ones of the owners sat in Jack's box. Ironically Mr and Mrs Desai themselves have now sat in that box less than their cardboard cut outs have. They've only ever been to one game and sat upstairs with the directors rather than above the tunnel. 

All very weird. I think it is a Suhail Pasha stunt, though not sure what the idea is behind it. If it is to show their interest/commitment/one-of-us then it would be far more productive for one of them to have jumped on a plane at some point in the last 6-7 years and actually been to a game.

The photos they have used are also stock photos from when they last came to Ewood - the ones of Mr and Mrs Desai you can see the blue railing in front of them from when they were sat upstairs. They haven't posed for photos. So those photos are now 8+ years old and if they had any real interest would it really have been so difficult for them to email over a few proper up to date selfies to transpose onto the cutouts.

No this has Pasha's fingerprints all over it. You might notice from other pictures that he also had his photo there, albeit a few steps down from Jack Walker at the back of the players dugout area. Nothing wrong with it as it is their club and they are entitled to do as they wish. I'd actually embrace the idea if they genuinely had interest and wanted to show it with the fans but the fact they've obviously not been involved with this themselves just shows it up as something of a hollow and cheap stunt.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JPTSwindon said:

Well after the Liverpool friendly I feared the worst, but what a cracking performance and suddenly we are in the mix!

iFellow worked first time, commentary team were good and it even deployed replays of the key moments.

Lots of decent match reports / comments already, but:

• Bereton was good value (goals will come if he keeps up that work rate).
  • Pleased for Evans who stepped up.
  • Walton, soft hands - put it down to rusty.
  • Gutted for JRC as a goal would have been great for confidence.
  • Armstrong continues his goal scoring run, that’s what you need at this stage of the season.
  • Travis clearly fancies a stint in Game of Thrones with that hair style!

Burnley on tomorrow night, only club expecting a higher than normal attendance despite the lockdown restrictions.

Re brereton, has any player ever been as jinxed in front of goal. Bloody incredible!

You’ve had a quick conversion to the merits of Samuel, Joe. You wanted him gone before our last game at Derby (a game he didn’t get off the bench in.

00390D79-4749-44D6-B3D7-CCC133B2B3FB.png

Ouch! Cutting remarks like that but 25 minutes of pitch time later (for a team well in control of the game) you’re waxing lyrical and wanting him signed up, some U-turn that!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

If that photo was real, and I really hope it’s a photoshop prank, then it would be another low stoop. The photo of Desai suggests it’s a fake though.

0.40 - 0.44 seconds in on the video match highlights posted in a previous post by Allroverasia, shows its real 

The photo of Desai (as well as the others apart from Barry's son? )seem to be  from when they first turned up at Ewood for that night game, when Barry and Tache went on the pitch and she stayed in the stand, probably from the LT

Edited by perthblue02