BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 20th June - 3pm KO

19 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Could be useful for snowball practice in the winter

When I first saw the image , was thinking Waggot had missed a trick here, set it up outside Ewood, paintball gun attached to the top of the barrier, 5 quid a pop* - Ka-ching !!!!!!!!!!

*Free dab of hand sanitiser after every use

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

Guys, It's about time that the Venkies were given a bit of credit.

OK it's not because they attend every game.

OK, they were misled, badly advised and took time to get things right.

From my point of view, it's because they are funding your passion that you should cut them some slack. They could have left six or seven years ago, saved themselves a lot of angst and money, but here we are, in 2020 still being funded by them.

Isn't it time to forgive and forget?

If not, point me in the direction of the next generation of multi millionaire benefactors that want to fund BRFC..

Finally, I was very critical of them initially, but time and circumstances have managed to change my mind.

• Like 5

Just now, dave birch said:

OK, point me in the direction of the next benefactor......

There isn’t one, so we will continue for evermore in this bizarre embrace where the lights are kept on but the club continues to shrink.

It was their own arrogance that ensured they took this fabled ‘advice’, these were the bosses of an international conglomerate, not the local butcher. It is these owners that have reduced this club to a mere shadow of what it was a decade ago. Trashing the legacy of Jack and the likes of John Williams that had built the most successful town club in this country.

Yes they pay the bills, but it is all a mess of their own creation. The club is now in a position where we will never achieve anything with them, but would also be in severe strife without them.

So forgive and forget? No, nay, never.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, dave birch said:

Guys, It's about time that the Venkies were given a bit of credit.

They could have left six or seven years ago, saved themselves a lot of angst and money

Thanks for the advice!

They don't miss the money and I doubt it causes them any angst at all.

I would swap all the money they provide in return for the club's soul.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

No this has Pasha's fingerprints all over it. You might notice from other pictures that he also had his photo there, albeit a few steps down from Jack Walker at the back of the players dugout area. Nothing wrong with it as it is their club and they are entitled to do as they wish. I'd actually embrace the idea if they genuinely had interest and wanted to show it with the fans but the fact they've obviously not been involved with this themselves just shows it up as something of a hollow and cheap stunt.

That's a picture of Suhail Shaikh, is it the same person or do we have two Suhail's?

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

There isn’t one, so we will continue for evermore in this bizarre embrace where the lights are kept on but the club continues to shrink.

It was their own arrogance that ensured they took this fabled ‘advice’, these were the bosses of an international conglomerate, not the local butcher. It is these owners that have reduced this club to a mere shadow of what it was a decade ago. Trashing the legacy of Jack and the likes of John Williams that had built the most successful town club in this country.

Yes they pay the bills, but it is all a mess of their own creation. The club is now in a position where we will never achieve anything with them, but would also be in severe strife without them.

So forgive and forget? No, nay, never.

So, what's your option. Let's be in "severe strife"!

No doubt they regret their decision to buy into football, especially now.

It's not the Venkies you should be upset with, it's the people that sold to them, and those that advised Venkies to buy.

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Thanks for the advice!

They don't miss the money and I doubt it causes them any angst at all.

I would swap all the money they provide in return for the club's soul.

If you've ever had  or have a business, you always watch the cash, if it drops, you want to know why. This will be affecting their thinking , no doubt.

So, you would accept a club, without funds for the "clubs soul".

Clubs, at this level need funding, otherwise it's sayonara.

There is no option, we are stuck in this suspended animation, doesn’t mean I should be pleased and should blow smoke up their arse.

I’ll never forgive or forget the Walker family either, don’t you worry, but that doesn’t excuse the behaviour of these owners, the buck stops with them.

• Like 7

So, what's your option. Let's be in "severe strife"!

No doubt they regret their decision to buy into football, especially now.

It's not the Venkies you should be upset with, it's the people that sold to them, and those that advised Venkies to buy.

Wow! You make it sound like we sold the club to a bunch of 5 year olds.

These are (supposedly) intelligent business people, they should have done there research before buying the club.

They came into it trying to make a fast buck in my opinion, and it's backfire horribly.

Venkys are to blame for everything that has happened to the club in the last decade, and are the main reason why the club will never achieve anything to that level ever again.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The old badly advised excuse rears it's head again. There is a letter in circulation signed by John Williams, Tom Finn and Martin Goodman which was sent to them telling them exactly what was happening and they ignored it. They were the then incumbents and wrote the letter in the best interests of the club and Venkys. That was probably the best advice they could have had and it was ignored. A turbulent decade later we are £175m in debt, have had some real dubious people in positions of power, two relegations, 10,000 lost fans and many, many other things and we have to thank them for paying the bills?

You can give them credit if you want to but don't insult me by asking me to.

Ever had to make a major business decision?

If you have, you'll have had various opinions one way or the other, that's the decision the Venkies would have faced. Yes, they took the wrong way, but we are talking NOW.

I'm not giving them credit for their original decisions, but for the fact that they have stuck around.

If you feel insulted, well, feel insulted, it wasn't intended.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The old badly advised excuse rears it's head again. There is a letter in circulation signed by John Williams, Tom Finn and Martin Goodman which was sent to them telling them exactly what was happening and they ignored it. They were the then incumbents and wrote the letter in the best interests of the club and Venkys. That was probably the best advice they could have had and it was ignored. A turbulent decade later we are £175m in debt, have had some real dubious people in positions of power, two relegations, 10,000 lost fans and many, many other things and we have to thank them for paying the bills?

You can give them credit if you want to but don't insult me by asking me to.

Spot on. That's like saying give credit to the person who provides our life support machine, when they were the ones who put us on it. Madness. 

Also I think I've been a tad negligent and missed the good owners time. In the last few years they have given us Coyle as manager (instead of Warnock), given Coyle a budget than an impoverished church mouse would be assumed of (a master class in how to make things worse) have not given any sort of challenge or accountability to TM, allowed TM to chose his own boss (I mean that's special in any area of life) and not communicated with the fans. Not my definition of good owners. 

Now granted that's not the initial levels of abuse they heaped upon the club but I'll say this. Such shoddy behaviour can only be considered good in light of the abuse before. In actuality it is still very poor. Do we praise the kid for mugging grannies instead of murdering them? Also using said analogy do we ignore the murders? I mean what they did to the club was horrific. They put us from a solid premiership club established in the top flight to a disfunctional debt ridden championship one and halved our fanbase. On that alone, such a game  changing, future-altering irredeemable transformation (cause there ain't any other benefactors to get us out of it) is criminal. It's literally altered Rovers fortunes for generations to come negatively. It's denied us years of premier league funds, the opportunities to build towards success, to be able to kind of compete with the big boys, to maybe win trophies (or at least have a better shot). We've gone from having a secure future financially to an uncertain debt written one.

Ok I get I am beginning to foam at the mouth but blimey, the fact I can list all these wrongs, that they have mucked up and given us all these consequences, shows how seriously they have shafted us. Outside of Stockholm syndrome I cannot think of any reason to be happy with them as owners or give them credit. 

• Like 6

Over the last 3 years Venjys have immeasurably improved their ownership by keeping their distance and letting Mowbray get on with it. Also they've put a huge amount of cash in. So credit where it's due.

That said if they called it quits and walked away and we started free falling like Bolton I would still say one of the major benefits is we could hopefully get the club back under fan ownership, even of that meant bankruptcy and reconstituting the club. I wouldnt want that, but if it happened I would hardly be devastated either.

2 minutes ago, dave birch said:

Ever had to make a major business decision?

If you have, you'll have had various opinions one way or the other, that's the decision the Venkies would have faced. Yes, they took the wrong way, but we are talking NOW.

I'm not giving them credit for their original decisions, but for the fact that they have stuck around.

If you feel insulted, well, feel insulted, it wasn't intended.

There is conclusive evidence that they were told at the time which they ignored. In fact the people who told them were all gone within months. They bought a well run, sustainable, much admired business and turned it into a laughing stock. I find it incredible that they get any credit whatsoever.

• Like 3

It's a shame that a tacky photo deflects a match thread to a discussion about the Vs.

TBH if I were them I would sack the idiot who allowed those mug shots a public airing.

Meanwhile however what they have done to Mr. Walker is shameful in placing his photo deliberately placed beneath theirs.

Forgive and forget? Not in this fecking lifetime.

• Like 7

The "badly advised" line is the biggest cop out and avoidance of responsibility you could wish to see. It doesnt wash, the buck falls with them.

I too find the blowing of smoke up their arse simply because they havent upped sticks (as if its that simple) very difficult to stomach and certainly not recent to be thankful.

• Like 4

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The "badly advised" line is the biggest cop out and avoidance of responsibility you could wish to see. It doesnt wash, the buck falls with them.

I too find the blowing of smoke up their arse simply because they havent upped sticks (as if its that simple) very difficult to stomach and certainly not recent to be thankful.

Well, front up to them and tell them to fuck off...

Well, front up to them and tell them to fuck off...

What sort of bizarre reply is that? Is that the only alternative to blowing smoke up their arses and being thankful? Also bare in mind the only time they have attended games in years and years is in cardboard form id have a bloody tough job.

• Like 2