Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JoeH

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 20th June - 3pm KO

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

if the u23s have a lb worthy of a chance I’d be up for it . I haven’t seen any u23 games this season with the exception of the wolves game at leyland so cant really comment their

Lewis Thompson is the left-back, good player and much like the other youth lads - he's been very involved in this mini-pre-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bell and Williams are like the Fiat 500 and Nissan Micra of left backs. 
You know that there are better available, but they are most likely out of our budget....

(Unless we can get an old Golf with low mileage on a cheap deal, for example). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Lewis Thompson is the left-back, good player and much like the other youth lads - he's been very involved in this mini-pre-season.

Oh please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

 

Its funny you say that, I do wonder if we'll see players getting booked for spitting or celebrating too closely with their pals

There haven't been any changes by Fifa to the Laws of Association Football, as far as I am aware, to allow this.

rjo0604h.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a couple of games in the Bundesliga things like celebrations seemed to return to normal. Probably a realisation that there was no point not doing when theyd for example spent time grappling at a corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just can't play football without contact..

Hoping for a fully pulled up socks reaction to the Liverpool result come Saturday.

 

C'mon you Blues!BRFC_Logo.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging from rothwells Instagram post. Him, gallagher and graham are all on the 2nd rovers team and travis and tosin were in the 1st team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Judging from rothwells Instagram post. Him, gallagher and graham are all on the 2nd rovers team and travis and tosin were in the 1st team.

Yeah I read into the shirts too. I saw Lenihan, Tosin, Travis, Holtby in the blue/whites, while Johnson, Smallwood, Graham, Gallagher were all in our away colours. Only surprise there would be Gallagher, given Tony's Gally RW love in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

From the recent Richie Sharpe  tweet and the Joe H post on here about the Graham hat-trick, looks like the friendly was 3-2 to the team in the away kit , Rovers will be releasing footage of the goals later

Edited by perthblue02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Bell is a third division player who is repeatedly exposed at this level. Cunningham is simply superior as a full back, either as a defender or on the overlap, and we really missed him.

I’d be interested to see how we did in games with Bell compared to Cunningham 

Genuinely no idea how the stats would look 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

From the recent Richie Sharpe  tweet and the Joe H post on here about the Graham hat-trick, looks like the friendly was 3-2 to the team in the away kit , Rovers will be releasing footage of the goals later

Bit concerning if Danny Graham bagged a hat-trick against the Lenihan/Tosin partnership! Look forward to seeing the goal later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Bell and Williams are like the Fiat 500 and Nissan Micra of left backs. 
You know that there are better available, but they are most likely out of our budget....

(Unless we can get an old Golf with low mileage on a cheap deal, for example). 

bell is more like a lancia,looks ok but when it gets started gives you serious problems,williams is akin to a reliant robin,easy to knock of the road and likely to fall to pieces!!!!

myself,id`e rather hunt for a subaru impreza which needs a bit of work,once it gets going there no stopping it and it`s rapid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official Twitter has posted goals etc, complete with crowd noise.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Official Twitter has posted goals etc, complete with crowd noise.....

Here is the link and video , goals from the game approx 4 minutes in

 

Edited by perthblue02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’d be interested to see how we did in games with Bell compared to Cunningham 

Genuinely no idea how the stats would look 

Cunningham played 7 x 90 minutes for us, we beat Boro, Hull, Reading and Milwall, drew with Forest and lost to West Brom and Luton. So 13 points from 7 games, at 1.86 points per game. 

Bell has started 19 times, in which we won 6, drew 7 and lost 6. So picking up points at 1.39 points per game

In addition to this, Cunningham played about 15 minutes at QPR and went off injured, Bell came on and played the majority of that game and we lost 4-2. I have not included that in either, nor have I included Bell coming on at HT in the loss at Huddersfield, in which it was 1 all at HT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
Posted (edited)

Hard to make much of those goals but some calamitous keeping for the first two by the looks!

As an aside, Bristol City are having their inter squad friendly, today.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Hoping for a fully pulled up socks reaction to the Liverpool result come Saturday.

Really don’t understand the logic of having a friendly with Liverpool before the re-start. A chance for players to get signed shirts?

A morale-sapping encounter with no fans around to generate interest and income. Where was this kind of friendly in proper pre-season? We didn’t have any!!

They shouldn’t be having to “pick themselves up” they should have been “raring to go”. Meanwhile I expect Bristol City will be quite upbeat after a 3-2 defeat against Southampton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Here is the link and video , goals from the game approx 4 minutes in

 

The crowd noise seems quite pathetic. Another example of real life fans being unnecessary. The players will no doubt be laughing about how rocking the place must have been back when Hughes and Williams were here. What a club we were.

Now, literally a shell. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cunningham played 7 x 90 minutes for us, we beat Boro, Hull, Reading and Milwall, drew with Forest and lost to West Brom and Luton. So 13 points from 7 games, at 1.86 points per game. 

Bell has started 19 times, in which we won 6, drew 7 and lost 6. So picking up points at 1.39 points per game

In addition to this, Cunningham played about 15 minutes at QPR and went off injured, Bell came on and played the majority of that game and we lost 4-2. I have not included that in either, nor have I included Bell coming on at HT in the loss at Huddersfield, in which it was 1 all at HT.

Cheers so there is a material difference based on that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The edit points on a couple of those goals suggest some CRAZEEE defending judging by the position of the keeper...! 
Danny Graham still has an eye for a goal. Other than that, no great revelations...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Cheers so there is a material difference based on that 

Not really a statistically significant sample size....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd and 3rd goals by DG were class. Shout out for BB too, took his one very well.

Lots of beardage on display - even moreso than usual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can tell that they are not playing at close to normal intensity, some very half arsed play which is the norm in a friendly but I wonder if they will be able to raise their game still in front of no fans but in "competitive" league games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

might be some unexpected results this first saturday back,hope the bookies get fleeced😊,guaranteed to be loads of money bet this weekend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.