BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 20th June - 3pm KO

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully the sound effects wont be "pumped into" the stadium and just be an additional option on ifollow that I can deselect.

No the noises are in the stadium. Seems some teams are doing it aswell. 

Why would they be additional option on ifollow? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why not? The BBC for example let you select between TV commentary, radio commentary or none at all for their live games...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Initially these noises were brought in on TV as very much a choice, trialled on the Bundesliga coverage and it said that it was only an option that you can choose from when English football returned.

I prefer it without and I suspect am not on my own on that. When I can clearly see no fans I think the noises are an unnecessary gimmick.

I saw the highlights from that intra squad friendly and the cheering after the goals was well over the top. For me I dont want it to try and compensate in terms of noise for the lack of crowds with fake noises, when I know and can see there are no fans and just accept it and make do without.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Initially these noises were brought in on TV as very much a choice, trialled on the Bundesliga coverage and it said that it was only an option that you can choose from when English football returned.

I prefer it without and I suspect am not on my own on that. When I can clearly see no fans I think the noises are an unnecessary gimmick.

I saw the highlights from that intra squad friendly and the cheering after the goals was well over the top. For me I dont want it to try and compensate in terms of noise for the lack of crowds with fake noises, when I know and can see there are no fans and just accept it and make do without.

You have said that the stadium will have no atmosphere in the past so clubs are trying to put an atmosphere in stadium? And now you are complaining about it? Clubs cant do owt right? 

I dont know what the Bundesliga is like as I havent any of the coverage.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have said that the stadium will have no atmosphere in the past so clubs are trying to put an atmosphere in stadium? And now you are complaining about it? Clubs cant do owt right? 

I dont know what the Bundesliga is like as I havent any of the coverage.

But its a fake and fabricated atmosphere that to me doesnt sound right especially when I can quite clearly see that there is no one there!

I am not saying that anyone can come up with a solution, so lose the "clubs cant do anything right, stop complaining etc" usual lines, its impossible to fully replicate the atmosphere that fans would bring.

I think the approach suggested by BT works in that it allows viewers a choice. I have seen that it seems to have split opinion so that makes sense, you can have the crowd noise or you can remove it, entirely at the viewers discretion.

I suspect actually piping in the noise within Ewood Park (and other stadiums) rather than as a TV sound effect removes that choice and makes it obligatory which I disagree with.

I would also suspect that it sounds a little silly to the players.

Some people like it, some people don't. By adding the noise over the PA in the actual stadium they take that choice away from the supporters. The Bundesliga's system of choice was better.

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But its a fake and fabricated atmosphere that to me doesnt sound right especially when I can quite clearly see that there is no one there!

I am not saying that anyone can come up with a solution, so lose the "clubs cant do anything right, stop complaining etc" usual lines, its impossible to fully replicate the atmosphere that fans would bring.

I think the approach suggested by BT works in that it allows viewers a choice. I have seen that it seems to have split opinion so that makes sense, you can have the crowd noise or you can remove it, entirely at the viewers discretion.

I suspect actually piping in the noise within Ewood Park (and other stadiums) rather than as a TV sound effect removes that choice and makes it obligatory which I disagree with.

I would also suspect that it sounds a little silly to the players.

These are unprecedented times. Clubs are trying the best to create some sort of atmosphere with the stadiums. At least clubs are trying it. Same with card board cut outs. Would I buy one? No. But some fans will

I watched La Liga at weekend and the stadiums had no noises. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

These are unprecedented times. Clubs are trying the best to create some sort of atmosphere with the stadiums. At least clubs are trying it. Same with card board cut outs. Would I buy one? No. But some fans will

I watched La Liga at weekend and the stadiums had no noises. 

What I am saying though, is as suggested on BT on their Bundesliga coverage, is because it is unusual without fans, allow the option for the supporter to choose if they prefer the sound effects or not. I dont personally, you clearly do. Rather than piping them into the actual stadium and making them obligatory, make them as a tv choice and you can select if you want them or not.

The card board cut outs were just rubbing salt into the wounds of the press release released by the club the day before outlining a guilt trip into not offering refunds. The concept alone isnt a bad one.

As soon as BCD was decided we should have done a Brentford and colourised the seats throughout Ewood.

Just as effective as cardboard cutouts but permanent in what is now even without Covid a largely unused  stadium.

It would also give the place a coat of paint and tax deductible.

2 hours ago, rigger said:

You never know he may well be the best player at left back that we have to pick from. Unless I saw what was available at training on a regular basis I would not make any form of opinion 

Exactly!

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What I am saying though, is as suggested on BT on their Bundesliga coverage, is because it is unusual without fans, allow the option for the supporter to choose if they prefer the sound effects or not. I dont personally, you clearly do. Rather than piping them into the actual stadium and making them obligatory, make them as a tv choice and you can select if you want them or not.

The card board cut outs were just rubbing salt into the wounds of the press release released by the club the day before outlining a guilt trip into not offering refunds. The concept alone isnt a bad one.

I would try it 1st to see whether I want it or not. But these actions are from the clubs and not from TV channel. 

Can I ask is the crowd noises from the tv company or the club? 

Could ifollow system do what you want? I've never watch a game so I cant comment. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would try it 1st to see whether I want it or not. But these actions are from the clubs and not from TV channel. 

Can I ask is the crowd noises from the tv company or the club? 

Could ifollow system do what you want? I've never watch a game so I cant comment. 

I dont know, presumably the TV company. Piping in music in the ground removes any choice either way and is a poor idea. Leave that sort of things to the broadcasters to give supporters the option rather than an obligation. As you say you can then give both a try and pick what suits you.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont know, presumably the TV company. Piping in music in the ground removes any choice either way and is a poor idea. Leave that sort of things to the broadcasters to give supporters the option rather than an obligation. As you say you can then give both a try and pick what suits you.

Can ifollow do this? 

From watching the bundesliga I much preferred to watch the games with the added noise. When I first heard they were going to do it I thought it was tacky but it does enhance your viewing experience imo. 
Blasting it through the PA system seem absurd and I can’t see the players preferring that but I guess we will all be back on here Saturday with more of an idea.  Just glad it’s back being honest 

9 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

Definitely a risk of it all feeling more like a friendly but also fascinated by the psychological impact an empty stadium could have on certain players who "do it in training."

BB to fire us to the promised land!

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can ifollow do this? 

At one stage you could have choice of home commentary, away commentary and no commentary (just crowd noise) , for a long while whatever you chose , it was just real crowd noise about 30 seconds behind the game.

This season it just defaults to your teams commentary (with background crowd noise) , still about 10 seconds behind the visuals and sometimes they forget to plug their mics in for the commentary :)

Despite all ifollows faults it does seem to be improving season after season , looking forward to seeing how the servers hold up to the increase in streamers, as the biggest viewership for one game prior was  4500 viewers (Luton v Portsmouth , 2019)

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

At one stage you could have choice of home commentary, away commentary and no commentary (just crowd noise) , for a long while whatever you chose , it was just real crowd noise about 30 seconds behind the game.

This season it just defaults to your teams commentary (with background crowd noise) , still about 10 seconds behind the visuals and sometimes they forget to plug their mics in for the commentary :)

Despite all ifollows faults it does seem to be improving season after season , looking forward to seeing how the servers hold up to the increase in streamers, as the biggest viewership for one game prior was  4500 viewers (Luton v Portsmouth , 2019)

Thanks for reply. 

Would be handy if Brereton reveled in the crowdless fixtures and started banging them in.  He might be worth flogging then before he melts again once the fans are back.

Oh i forgot, he'll be on the bench or right wing for ten mins.  This lay off does strange things to the mind and the tinkerman has had nothing to tinker for months.  God knows what's coming !

On 15/06/2020 at 05:32, jim mk2 said:

It will be interesting to see how Rovers play and how well (or not) they have been looking after themselves during the pandemic.

Has Mowbray been pro-active in keeping his players focused and ready for when play resumes? Has the club been making sure players are keeping fit and sticking to strict regimes during the lockdwon?

Rovers have never looked the fittest squad under Mowbray so the layoff is unlikely to have done much good for the players.

My bet is we'll look vastly under-prepared, not right mentally, and go 2-0 down in the first 20  minutes. 

Sorry to say but that is how I feel.

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Would be handy if Brereton reveled in the crowdless fixtures and started banging them in.  He might be worth flogging then before he melts again once the fans are back.

Oh i forgot, he'll be on the bench or right wing for ten mins.  This lay off does strange things to the mind and the tinkerman has had nothing to tinker for months.  God knows what's coming !

brereton reminds me of the player i used to laugh at in a sports comic,he was fantastic in training and reserve teams but everytime he played in front of a crowd he`d break down and freeze,the manager tried hypnosis,exorcism,blasting crowd insults at him from a megaphone,everything,it did`nt work and they had to let him go in the end,he broke all sunday league records but whenever his team got near any silverware and drew a crowd of more than 20 he`d go back to his old ways?

• Like 1