BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 20th June - 3pm KO

OK I've probably missed something.

But I have tried to register as a season ticket holder on Ifollow to watch the game. But the site requests a promo code 

What is it? And how do I get one?

This is blindingly obvious to many but......…...

3 minutes ago, Dave S said:

OK I've probably missed something.

But I have tried to register as a season ticket holder on Ifollow to watch the game. But the site requests a promo code 

What is it? And how do I get one?

This is blindingly obvious to many but......…...

You will a get a code tomorrow

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You will a get a code tomorrow

I don't think I will. I am not on Myrovers.

I do all my business up front, pay straight for the season ticket etc. 

The site isn't helpful, there should be a simple what to do page. 

10 minutes ago, Dave S said:

Have you seen any emails from Rovers? 

1 hour ago, Dave S said:

I agree. 

I managed to sign up for an account (just) but in general people who are tech savvy vastly overestimate the ability of people who aren't.

Rovers for instance said something like "Go to your my Rovers account and make sure your details are updated and that your ticketing account is linked to your online account".

Having managed to do it eventually I now understand what was meant but before I'd completed the task you might as well have been speaking a foreign language.

What should have been provided was a set of step by step instructions. Go to Rovers. co .uk click on the my account tab at the top or bottom of the page and if you haven't got an account already, open one by clicking this option then complete said boxes then choose that option to link your my Rovers account to your season ticket etc etc.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

It's 5 subs but only 3 stoppages per team for subs, so you'd have to do multiple players in at least one go. If Bell isn't fit and the choices for left-back are Williams, Mulgrew, Downing, Rankin-Costello and Bennett then I genuinely don't see why the Under 23's left-back can't be given a go. He'd be no worse than any of them lot in that position...

38 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It's 5 subs but only 3 stoppages per team for subs, so you'd have to do multiple players in at least one go. If Bell isn't fit and the choices for left-back are Williams, Mulgrew, Downing, Rankin-Costello and Bennett then I genuinely don't see why the Under 23's left-back can't be given a go. He'd be no worse than any of them lot in that position...

See this is what a 8 week (or more?) break does to you. It makes you forget depressing things like our left back options. I don't rate Bell there either if I am honest. And he and Williams only seem viable choices for the role because of how horrific Bennett is there. I mean you talk about a bad set of choices, this one must be right up there. 

5 Subs per match on the face of it is good because we have some decent kids coming through. That said, this will benefit clubs with better quality in depth in their squads and is unfair on smaller clubs that do not have that benefit and have built their squad around the previous rules of 3 subs per game. 

They should have kept the same rules - it is the same for everybody regarding injuries and fitness. Managers should have to just rotate more each match (TM would have loved that).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Managers should have to just rotate more each match (TM would have loved that).

Whilst I do actually agree, managers rotating more in this way also still favours clubs with more squad depth. Either way smaller clubs are at a disadvantage, but really that's the whole point, in this league its what sets 17th aside from 5th.

Edited by JoeH

Walton

nyambe Lenihan Tosin downing 

evans Travis 

rothwell Holtby JRC

arma

If bell is fit I would play him at left back and downing instead of JRC. Big game for us, a win would be massive and really set us up for two favourable fixtures. A loss could easily leave us stranded in midtable 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Whilst I do actually agree, managers rotating more in this way also still favours clubs with more squad depth. Either way smaller clubs are at a disadvantage, but really that's the whole point, in this league its what sets 17th aside from 5th.

Yes, rotating more does still favour those with deeper squads. They have deeper squads for that very reason to cover injuries, suspensions, fatigue, loss of form and whatnot. That said, extending the subs is a greater benefit to those clubs than just having the ability to rotate. Being able to bring on 5 fresh players of higher quality compared to other clubs that could maybe bring on 2 or 3 and then a couple of kids is a massive advantage. 

33 minutes ago, JoeH said:

True. But not in every match to the same extent. For example a team may have 4 quality players on the bench but previously could only bring on 3 of them. That advantage was there Vs all teams. Now they can bring on 5 which increases the size of the advantage considerably imo. For example Vs City you know they have a brilliant squad but they could only use 14 of those players against you. Now it's more. So think whilst the gap was always there, this rule makes it bigger. 

14 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

True. But not in every match to the same extent. For example a team may have 4 quality players on the bench but previously could only bring on 3 of them. That advantage was there Vs all teams. Now they can bring on 5 which increases the size of the advantage considerably imo. For example Vs City you know they have a brilliant squad but they could only use 14 of those players against you. Now it's more. So think whilst the gap was always there, this rule makes it bigger. 

Ergo, don’t have any subs, then everyone is equal !!

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Downing was excellent when at LB earlier in the season. Its not ideal because hes best in midfield but he reads the game far better than Bell and gives us a further element of control on the ball from there. I like the look of the team mentioned by @Prelude

I suspect Bennett will be stuck in there and exploited however.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

It will be interesting in the cup competitions still to play if any games go to extra time. They changed the rules recently so clubs could make an extra substitution in extra time over and above the permitted three. So potentially for any games that require extra time there could be twelve changes across both teams. That 60% of outfield players for each team. In my view that is bordering on farcical.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It will be interesting in the cup competitions still to play if any games go to extra time. They changed the rules recently so clubs could make an extra substitution in extra time over and above the permitted three. So potentially for any games that require extra time there could be twelve changes across both teams. That 60% of outfield players for each team. In my view that is bordering on farcical.

It's American Football-esque. Agree with you that that is daft. 

Finally! We are back! Beyond excited to see Rovers back in action and hope we come into this match much better than they way we ended our last.  If the Bundesliga is anything to go by some teams have performed better than others with no fans in the stands.  I hope we can benefit and others around the top 6 fluff their lines.

Match preview and more... its good to be back!