BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 20th June - 3pm KO

I spend all day every day on a quite complex computer programme at work.

I would probably guess I'm in the top 10% or so of people when it comes to doing these sort of things on websites, but i found it very difficult to the point where i nearly had to give up. I tried doing it on my smartphone first but it wasn't working so I tried again on my laptop and it took nearly an hour to get it up and running.

Anyhow, I received my code this afternoon. I won't be using it because if I do I expect the club will take that as acceptance of it in exchange for my season ticket. If I watch the game on Saturday it will be through a 3rd party platform on a tv and not on my phone or computer. After the dismal experience of last night I can't say I'll lose any sleep if I miss it.

That’s unfortunate. It can be a bit daunting setting these things up even for those who do this regularly.

There must be someone who can help you with this and get you up and running for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, Doogs said:

I am not tech savvy, and have no interest in computers or streaming at all. Therefore I really dont have a clue what I am supposed to do. So I guess that as a loyal season ticket holder, and having paid 300 quid I guess I wont be watching any of the games ..Maybe I am just thick but it doesnt change the fact not everyone understands modern technology.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I think I may have worked it out,i opened the Rovers website and I noticed in my account I had my account name  there twice and the top one was for my ticket purchases and shop and showing my status ie ST holder etc (even though I need another password to purchase a ticket via Ticketmaster) however underneath was my account name again were I clicked on that and it had my details that I updated agreed and saved which I believe I must have done some time ago even though I don't recall doing it and that must be the link to join ifollow I hope ,will soon find out when I get my code via email..On another matter I downloaded the clubs app and signed in which I presume will allow me to watch on phone ,I do have a smart tv can I link my phone to tv to watch ...

10 hours ago, Doogs said:

I am not tech savvy, and have no interest in computers or streaming at all. Therefore I really dont have a clue what I am supposed to do. So I guess that as a loyal season ticket holder, and having paid 300 quid I guess I wont be watching any of the games ..Maybe I am just thick but it doesnt change the fact not everyone understands modern technology.

It's just a lazy assumption from the club that everyone is internet savvy and wants to stream.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Anyhow, I received my code this afternoon. I won't be using it because if I do I expect the club will take that as acceptance of it in exchange for my season ticket. If I watch the game on Saturday it will be through a 3rd party platform on a tv and not on my phone or computer. After the dismal experience of last night I can't say I'll lose any sleep if I miss it.

I suspect by initiating the signing up process alone you'll have waived some right in the small print anyway at this stage pal. 

25 minutes ago, blondie said:

Hi, received code and activated Ifollow account, have access to Rovers Ifollow but match highlights and any videos will not play. Is the free pass only for the  live game?

You should be able to get highlights of previous games. I am able to.

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

You should be able to get highlights of previous games. I am able to.

Thanks, spent half of yesterday sorting out receiving a code, now still problems. Would be easier climbing a tree behind Riverside to watch it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

I suspect by initiating the signing up process alone you'll have waived some right in the small print anyway at this stage pal. 

I already had a My Rovers account for merchandise and tickets and whilst I created an I Follow account I'd like to see them argue that this was me accepting the streaming option. I may have just wanted to purchase a match pass as a one off.

There is no small print to account for these circumstances. The only thing I've found that deals with cancelled games is the above on the League website where they have to allow you into the rearranged fixture.

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I already had a My Rovers account for merchandise and tickets and whilst I created an I Follow account I'd like to see them argue that this was me accepting the streaming option. I may have just wanted to purchase a match pass as a one off.

There is no small print to account for these circumstances. The only thing I've found that deals with cancelled games is the above on the League website where they have to allow you into the rearranged fixture.

These are slightly unforeseen circumstances.

14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It was more a case of I didn't know if I automatically had some sort of my Rovers account as a ST holder and didn't know where to look.

I assume that if like me you had never had any need to make any online purchases you won't have one.  I managed to check this by putting in my e-mail address and usual password into the log in section and it said the e-mail address wasn't recognised.

Go to Rovers.co.uk and click on the drop down menu options square in the top right hand corner of the screen. Select "My account" at the bottom of the drop down options and register for a new account giving all your personal details. (I kept having to redo this as my computer was selecting autofill options and putting the wrong things in the wrong boxes.)

When you've put your e - mail address in and completed the registration Rovers will send you an e-mail with a link which you have to click on to activate your account. You then have to update your account preferences and the final step is to click on a '"link account" tab to connect the new account you've just created to your season ticket. If you've done it right your ST number should come up on screen.

I did all this on Wednesday afternoon but haven't received a code as yet.

Apologies for boring all the techies.

Cheers Rev

Done all this. My fault I expect. This site doesn't link my account with my Email. They must have my old Email details.

No answer on the phone lines, so I clicked FAQ which has an Email address to the club. I briefly outlined what I thought was wrong and sent off the Email.

I would expect they are very busy.

21 minutes ago, rigger said:

These are slightly unforeseen circumstances.

Exactly, so there won’t be any small print about it in your ST Ts&Cs.

So you can’t be waiving anything by signing in to a streaming site.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Exactly, so there won’t be any small print about it in your ST Ts&Cs.

So you can’t be waiving anything by signing in to a streaming site.

But it's not as if the club won't just claim this any way.

Nobody is going to go to the financial and logistical trouble of trying to take legal action against the club, so they will set out rules after the fact probably, most likely backed by the EFL.

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

But it's not as if the club won't just claim this any way.

Nobody is going to go to the financial and logistical trouble of trying to take legal action against the club, so they will set out rules after the fact probably, most likely backed by the EFL.

They can’t ‘just claim it’, and ‘set rules after the fact’ that’s breaking consumer law. 

They can play the guilt card, pull at the heartstrings and all the rest of it. But they can’t break the law even if they think most fans won’t dream of taking legal action against their own club - but one fan might and that’s the precedent set. EFL lawyers will deal in facts and risk, not emotions.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, den9112 said:

I have been trying to get through since 9.15 am still trying now as i type this...Not good while i am working

Yesterday it took me about 10 minutes to get an answer. It just kept ringing as if no-one was there. Eventually it was answered.