BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Athletic (A) - Saturday 27th June (3pm)

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I don't know how you cannot blame him conclusively for that first goal. He came out and tried to catch a ball he was never going to catch, and spilt it into the strikers path.

We certainly werent being hammered in that second half either. The game seemed destined for a nil nil, but even so it is still strange logic to think "well we would have conceded anyway."

As bad as yesterday's goal was, the goal he let in against Bristol City was far worse and indicative of Walton's complete lack of ability.

Bit like the pea roller he let in early on in the season at home against whom I can't quite recall.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

As bad as yesterday's goal was, the goal he let in against Bristol City was far worse and indicative of Walton's complete lack of ability.

Bit like the pea roller he let in early on in the season at home against whom I can't quite recall.

I think its a little harsh to say "complete lack of ability" but hes certainly a player we can improve on.

The pea roller was v Huddersfield and within his worst run of form, where he also made mistakes v Preston, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke and Barnsley.

By what logic were we going to concede anyway? The only reason we conceded and lost the game is down to a huge error from Walton. That's it.

We weren't under huge pressure, they weren't camped in our half, they weren't raining shots in - it was pestering out to a dull 0-0 until Walton decided otherwise.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

By what logic were we going to concede anyway? The only reason we conceded and lost the game is down to a huge error from Walton. That's it.

We weren't under huge pressure, they weren't camped in our half, they weren't raining shots in - it was pestering out to a dull 0-0 until Walton decided otherwise.

Pretty much what Paul Cook said.

Every fecker and his dog down at Ewood on easy street.

The players.

The manager.

Waggott and his posse behind the scenes.

And talking of behind the scenes, our invisible billionaire owners, haemorrhaging money like there’s no tomorrow. So laid back, they’re more horizontal than horizontal.

If only we had a plan. 

That’s what is so frustrating. There’s only us fans that are remotely bothered.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Unfortunately , thats what happens regular away , poor goalkeeper , defenders who dont or cant concentrate for the full 90mins . 

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

The players.

The manager.

And talking of behind the scenes, our invisible billionaire owners, haemorrhaging money like there’s no tomorrow. So laid back, they’re more horizontal than horizontal.

If only we had a plan. 

Exactly.

And it has been like this for a many years.

It's about time we started making our feelings known a bit more vociferously. ( in my opinion )

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Give Fisher a chance and see what he can do.

Why give Fisher a chance? is he any better than Hilton? and Fisher didnt even start any league game for 2 clubs he was on loan at so why would he be good enough here?

48 minutes ago, JoeH said:

If anybody other than Darragh Lenihan is club captain in 2020/21 then I'll be so frustrated.

I dont see Bennett being strip of the captaincy but Bennett playing time will be reduced so Lenihan will just naturally take over. 

1 minute ago, Crimpshrine said:

Exactly.

And it has been like this for a many years.

It's about time we started making our feelings known a bit more vociferously. ( in my opinion )

We’ve tried that Crimpshine. I’m sure most of us on here were out there in the early days, marching, singing, protesting. It is very difficult to have an effect when they are so far removed from the town. 

I can’t wait for the day they go but until then I don’t think any sort of fan movement will shift them. In my opinion we should turn our attention to the FA and unite as fans, demanding supporter board representation. That’s a whole other story though. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why give Fisher a chance? is he any better than Hilton? and Fisher didnt even start any league game for 2 clubs he was on loan at so why would he be good enough here?

Then why did we bother give Fisher a new 3 year contract at the start of the season?

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Then why did we bother give Fisher a new 3 year contract at the start of the season?

He signed a 3 years contract in 2018 and thats ends after 20/21 season

https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/first-team/goalkeeper/andrew-fisher/#:~:text=The summer of 2018 saw,League Two side Northampton Town.

19 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

The players.

The manager.

If only we had a plan. 

The plan seems to be marginal gains each season and plenty flannel in their direction and they'll keep signing the cheques. Problem is as we've seen before it works in cycles and will only last like that a season or two at a time. So you've got to grab the bull by the horns before it starts to go backwards or all get broken up again.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry, I meant Hilton after someone endorsed him. I haven't seen either Walton or Fisher but I made the point last night immediately after the game that surely we must have a young lad on the books that could do better than Walton and I stand by that. 

As to who is the better between Hilton and Fisher I'll defer to those that have seen them.

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

We’ve tried that Crimpshine. I’m sure most of us on here were out there in the early days, marching, singing, protesting. It is very difficult to have an effect when they are so far removed from the town. 

I can’t wait for the day they go but until then I don’t think any sort of fan movement will shift them. In my opinion we should turn our attention to the FA and unite as fans, demanding supporter board representation. That’s a whole other story though. 

Fans on the board would be ideal but I don't think Rovers really have a functioning board at the moment. It's a dictatorship by absent occupiers.

In terms of protest, we still have the boycott option, well not at the moment obviously, but when things return to normal. Mass boycotts of home games would eventually start getting the message across that we are not prepared to put up with Venky's lack of interest/ambition/respect.. 

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

anyone who predicts our next goalkeeper gets a free season ticket for next year?personally i think it will end up with no one signed and walton will be signed permanently or on loan again after negotiations with brighton

If Brighton are having his progress ( or lack of ) monitored regularly I would have thought they'd be only too happy to let Rovers pay his wages for another season.

25 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

The players.

The manager.

If only we had a plan. 

Since we were relegated from the Prem we've never once really  looked like seriously challenging for the play off positions from the Championship and to date every time we have got anywhere near under either Bowyer or Mowbray we have bottled it which is a pretty damning state of affairs.

People may not agree but I think there has been a culture of doing the bare minimum at the Club ever since Allardyce was here. Prioritising certain games and not bothering so much about others worked for him because the narrative at the majority of the Clubs he's worked at has been accumulating a minimum number of points to ensure survival. But that sort of mentality is no good if you're in a lower division and looking to achieve anything.

I think there's a holiday camp feel around the Club and has been for many years.The feeling is never stronger than at transfer window time when the manager clearly has no particular inclination to try and improve the starting eleven or dislodge any of his favourites.

I don't think anything will change until a manager comes in who expects and demands success and this is combined with workable support from the owners which to be fair Mowbray has had but largely squandered.

• Like 1

And I thought it was the way the Manager set up Midfield.

Rothwell = defeat usually away from home.

Bradley Johnson should have started and we needed to plan to get the midfield area by the scruff of the neck.

Morsey was poor but we never got momentum going. Very disappointing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mhead said:

And I thought it was the way the Manager set up Midfield.

Rothwell = defeat usually away from home.

Bradley Johnson should have started and we needed to plan to get the midfield area by the scruff of the neck.

Morsey was poor but we never got momentum going. Very disappointing.

We did have the midfield by the scruff of the neck until Travis went off. Bradley Johnson was useless when he came and looked 10 yards off the pace. The midfield played well enough I thought for the first 70 mins of the game. Howler from Walton, Bennett a liability, and Gallagher nothing short of pathetic was the reason we lost. No impact from the subs either. Blaming the starting midfield is bizarre.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Since we were relegated from the Prem we've never once really  looked like seriously challenging for the play off positions from the Championship and to date every time we have got anywhere near under either Bowyer or Mowbray we have bottled it which is a pretty damning state of affairs.

People may not agree but I think there has been a culture of doing the bare minimum at the Club ever since Allardyce was here. Prioritising certain games and not bothering so much about others worked for him because the narrative at the majority of the Clubs he's worked at has been accumulating a minimum number of points to ensure survival. But that sort of mentality is no good if you're in a lower division and looking to achieve anything.

I think there's a holiday camp feel around the Club and has been for many years.The feeling is never stronger than at transfer window time when the manager clearly has no particular inclination to try and improve the starting eleven or dislodge any of his favourites.

I don't think anything will change until a manager comes in who expects and demands success and this is combined with workable support from the owners which to be fair Mowbray has had but largely squandered.

How long do you think it would have taken for  Warnock to put a rocket up a few of our lot ? It didn't take him long to work Gestede out at 'Boro.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

Statistically we lose more when Bennett plays RB or LB., we lose more when Joe Rothwell plays away, we lose more when Evans doesn't play, we lose more when Armstrong doesn't start and we lose more when Tosin and Lenihan don't play together.

Out of those 5 factors, all but ONE were our downfall against Wigan. Take personal opinion and emotions out of it, statistically we keep getting it wrong.

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I would give Hilton a chance. I have seen him several times and is commanding of his area, has a presence and really good reflexes.

2 hours ago, neophox said:

I would give Buckley and Rankin-Costello starts until the end of season. 

Two good suggestions here. I have thought for most of the season that we just aren't good enough to make the play-offs and I'm being proved right.

In that case we should be planning for next season by playing Hilton or Fisher (whoever has the best potential), JRC, Buckley and maybe Thompson at left back. We must leave out Mulgrew, Johnson and Smallwood. DG could be useful off the bench and Tosin has to play every game for us.

• Like 2