BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Athletic (A) - Saturday 27th June (3pm)

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

neither would craig short tbh,we`de be down to 9 men after half an hour?

We could definitely do with a ‘bully’ in our team. A Robbie Savage would get us promoted. I did think Travis was going down that road a little before the break though, especially against Sheffield Wednesday. 

• Like 1

In fairness with Bennett there isn’t much of a better option available currently with injuries. 
I do scratch my head at Gallagher when we have Armstrong and Graham sat on the bench though who offer something different/better.  

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not a bad half - we’re quite pretty in possession with some nice one touch stuff, but we’re just not creating anything from open play.

It’ll be rank bad management if Bennett and Gallagher are left as they are - both complete passengers. Get Arma and Johnson on.

They will be. Until 60 mins. And they’ll probably start next week too. Think Tony needs an MOT done on his mental health. 

If Tony wants his favourite boy Bennett involved, can’t he make him the ball boy? He’d be just as effective and not waste a place. Gallagher could maybe be a cheerleader. 

Edited by Dan

• Backroom

We had a rough start and some scary moments towards the end of the half, but have been fairly comfortable overall. We're struggling to create any decent chances in open play - our best efforts have come from a couple of direct free kicks. 

Bennett & Gallagher are by far the worst performers out there, really struggling today.

Brereton and Nyambe have been our best attacking threats, with Holtby having some nice touches as well. We need to get Armstrong on the pitch and hope he has his shooting boots on, as this Wigan defence has gaps to be exploited. Our does too, though, so we need to keep them as far away from our penalty box as possible.

• Like 2

Can only add to the general opinion on Gallagher and Bennett. Both considerable weak links.

On the plus side we look good playing quick positive passes to feet through midfield with Brereton showing more than I ever thought he would. We need Holtby on the ball more in the last third to make something happen though as for all our possession we've never looked like scoring.

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e not sure what mowbray wants gallagher to do,ffs he`s a big lump,get him in the middle and let him do his job,if he can`t do it then get shut,he should stop making him do things he`s not capable of

He doesn't play like a 'big lump' though. He plays like he's 5'10". 

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

We could definitely do with a ‘bully’ in our team. A Robbie Savage would get us promoted. I did think Travis was going down that road a little before the break though, especially against Sheffield Wednesday. 

Robbie Savage was vastly overrated. 

A Tugay would put us in the promotion picture - that's what we're really missing. An organiser in the team who pulls the strings. Too many headless chickens out there. 

I think we can safely put Gallagher in the running for the 'Chris Brown - Luke Varney Waste of Space Award'. Harsh to lump Brereton in with him in my opinion as he is at least trying to run with the ball and create something from his position. I'd say 3/10 and 6/10 respectively for that half. Nyambe MOTM or maybe Travis. As ever, our play is thwarted by having nobody able to shoot and score up front.