BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

• Moderation Lead

Dear Tony,

Please can we have round pegs in round holes and also no Elliott Bennett, no matter how many of your secrets he has? The truth will come out eventually anyway. 

Yours sincerely,

A frustrated fan.

• Like 4

If Tony refuses to play Downing at Left-Back, and refuses to play an actual left-back in U23's player Lewis Thompson, then we're not going to be successful in the final games. It's as simple as that for me. Bennett isn't a left-back!

14 minutes ago, JoeH said:

If Tony refuses to play Downing at Left-Back, and refuses to play an actual left-back in U23's player Lewis Thompson, then we're not going to be successful in the final games. It's as simple as that for me. Bennett isn't a left-back!

Bennett isn't much of a footballer..............full stop!! ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Walton 

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Bell/ Downing

Travis Davenport

Armstrong Graham Brereton Rothwell

4, 4, (f---ing) 2!

Rothwell is piss. 17 starts, 12 sub appearances, 0 goals, 1 assist.

gallagher on bench tommorow night,armstrong up front on his own with brereton taking over the "coveted" right wing slot,captain fantastic bennett keeping the ship afloat from left back,though it would`nt surprise me if smallwood got picked then got sent off,basically more of the same sideways stuff that goes nowhere,barnsley are on a good run so not expecting much tbh

Can see nothing but a Barnsley win tomorrow.

Injuries are just part and parcel of the game and, IMO, a ready excuse for Mowbray.

IMO, we have no coherent strategy irrespective of player availability and this is all down to, IMO, a dinosaurian manager unable to distinguish between arse and elbow.

• Moderation Lead

From that article- ‘I shouldn’t be throwing JRC in at left back, that’s not where he plays’.

If only he would apply the same logic to Elliott Bennett...

• Like 3

I don't think I could name another side who would have their first choice (Bell), second choice (Williams), third choice (Hart) and seemingly fourth choice (JRC) Left-Backs out injured that haven't said, "okay, time to give the youth team left back a game". Why is the solution to our GAPING hole at left-back not the "amazing Category One" academy that we have? But the solution to our midfield (which is pretty fine) IS the academy with John Buckley?

Baffling me.

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Can see nothing but a Barnsley win tomorrow.

Injuries are just part and parcel of the game and, IMO, a ready excuse for Mowbray.

IMO, we have no coherent strategy irrespective of player availability and this is all down to, IMO, a dinosaurian manager unable to distinguish between arse and elbow.

That’s me lumping cash on Rovers. Cheers, Merce!

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So Armstrong hasn't been starting because he hasn't looked sharp or as dynamic. He looked pretty sharp when he came on against Bristol City and scored. Also Mowbray's been starting Gallagher and Brereton over him when did either of them ever look sharp or dynamic. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I don't think I could name another side who would have their first choice (Bell), second choice (Williams), third choice (Hart) and seemingly fourth choice (JRC) Left-Backs out injured that haven't said, "okay, time to give the youth team left back a game". Why is the solution to our GAPING hole at left-back not the "amazing Category One" academy that we have? But the solution to our midfield (which is pretty fine) IS the academy with John Buckley?

Baffling me.

To be fair, that assumes that all players through our academy are of the same standard, which of course isnt true. Buckley is obviously rated much higher than Thompson.

Left back is a neglected area of our team, but of course it is seen as a perfect opportunity for our captain to be shoehorned in unfortunately. That being said, if Thompson isnt seen as an option at this point he must be considered a fair way away,

The most obvious option does lie in the form of a member of our senior squad who has played left back more competently indeed than Bell has when he has filled in this season, Downing.