BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

We aren't getting to the play offs - let's not kid ourselves.

We need to know what a number of alternatives can do.

IMO, Walton, Bennett and Gallagher are all cr@p and have forfeited their right to start for Rovers with a series of howlers and abysmal performances.

My eleven:

Hilton / Nyambe, Lenihan,  Tosin, Davenport / Chapman, Travis, Holtby, Downing / Brereton,  Armstrong

Have Hilton, Davenport, Chapman and Brereton got what it takes?  Well let's find out and give them a run of games instead of p!ssing about with the tried and trusted failures.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 7

The very definition of must win tonight. No excuses about them fighting for their life, obviously wont be easy but they are bottom for a reason.

Dont win and I suspect we can write off our play off hopes with 6 games to go, Cardiff likely to go 6 or 7 points clear and it becomes almost impossible.

Win and we apply some pressure, Cardiff should win but we go temporarily 7th and at worst 8th by 7pm tomorrow if we get the job done.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, Walton, Bennett and Gallagher are all cr@p and have forfeited their right to start for Rovers with a series of howlers and abysmal performances.

My eleven:

Hilton / Nyambe, Lenihan,  Tosin, Davenport / Chapman, Travis, Holtby, Downing / Brereton,  Armstrong

Have Hilton, Davenport, Chapman and Brereton got what it takes?  Well let's find out and give them a run of games instead of p!ssing about with the tried and trusted failures.

Absolutely spot on, with the slight difference that although I don't think we will make the play offs whilst we are mathematically still in with a chance  we are duty bound to do anything we can to try and keep in the race and that means  firing off Walton, Gallagher and Gallagher from the starting eleven immediately. If that means bringing in youngsters so be it.

It's not a case that the pragmatic solution is keep playing these proven failures until we are mathematically out of the equation and only then risk youngsters.

It's the other way round. We need to make changes in the hope they can keep us mathematically in the hunt as opposed to doing nothing  and letting the same old suspects knock us out of it.

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely spot on, with the slight difference that although I don't think we will make the play offs whilst we are mathematically still in with a chance  we are duty bound to do anything we can to try and keep in the race and that means  firing off Walton, Gallagher and Gallagher from the starting eleven immediately. If that means bringing in youngsters so be it.

It's not a case that the pragmatic solution is keep playing these proven failures until we are mathematically out of the equation and only then risk youngsters.

It's the other way round. We need to make changes in the hope they can keep us mathematically in the hunt as opposed to doing nothing  and letting the same old suspects knock us out of it.

Proven failures, indeed.

I am trying to think of any success brought by Gallagher on the right, yet TM continues to repeat the selection.

I agree we are "bound" to try.  I actually gave up believing at Derby. Lockdown brought naive sense of  hope and Wigan screamed unbelief..

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

I think we can pretty much forget about the playoffs. But, I do want to see how Rovers respond when they play the next four, all teams ahead of us on the table.  

I just read Tony’s comments on Sam G & BB in the Telegraph. Apparently, SG just isn’t selfish enough, lol. He has to justify the expense of these two somehow. I expect he will do so until all three of them are finally shoved out the door. 

He definitely does spend too much time chasing back but his lack of selfishness is partly a lack of a strikers instinct.

Neither him or Brereton possess one at all and whilst Mowbray is right to say when one is running forward the other should get in the box, it is somewhat removing personal responsibility regarding this wide strikers experiment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, superniko said:

Does anyone know if ifollow works on chromecast? i.e. can i watch it on the TV from my phone?

CC Doesn't work. HDMI will though if you have a laptop.

Unenthusiastic for this.

Mowbray is a poor poor manager for Blackburn Rovers. The sooner him and the other maggot goes, the better. 

mowbray has no desire to get into the play offs and is happy to be mediocre. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

My eleven:

Pretty much agree other than the fact Hilton hasn't played a competitive game of football for nearly three months, that's a long time for a goalkeeper to be out of the mix. IMO.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He definitely does spend too much time chasing back but his lack of selfishness is partly a lack of a strikers instinct.

Neither him or Brereton possess one at all and whilst Mowbray is right to say when one is running forward the other should get in the box, it is somewhat removing personal responsibility regarding this wide strikers experiment.

If you don't chase back, you don't play. Just ask Rothwell et al.

3 minutes ago, barry_ said:

Unenthusiastic for this.

Mowbray is a poor poor manager for Blackburn Rovers. The sooner him and the other maggot goes, the better. 

mowbray has no desire to get into the play offs and is happy to be mediocre. 

You’ll find Appleton, Ince, Coyle etc. filed under “poor poor”

Mowbray may not be the man to lead us to promotion or even a top 6 finish but at worst he’s been a steady manager. 
We were league 1 not so long ago and since then numerous teams have come down with parachute payments, paying £40k+ a week still.