BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

#Rovers XI: Walton, Nyambe, Mulgrew, Adarabioyo, Bennett, Downing, Johnson, Rothwell, Holtby, Armstrong, Samuel.

Bennett at LB again *slams head against laptop*.

How the hell hasn't Thompson made the bench at least? 

How has Bennett started?

How has Johnson started ahead of Davenport.

Well, dropping Gallagher is a start I guess.

Feel sorry for Brereton, he's looked like a different player since the restart. Great way to harness the confidence he must have gotten of late... Doubt there'll be an easier game on paper this season to score in either.

• Like 1

Christ what a joke. If he's picking a team to actively try not to win I'd rather it contain a few youngsters. Not only is playing Mulgrew and Bennett in our defence an atrocious idea, it teaches us nothing for our (inevitable) next season in the Championship.

Edited by Displaced Rover
  • Like 3

Without our 3 most important players, and the spine of the team in Lenihan - Travis - Dack. 

Bookies giving us only a 33% chance of win, with Barnsley more likely at 37% chance. Read into that as you will but speaks volumes given they’re bottom of the league and there is no crowd. 

• Backroom
Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Didn't see Mulgrew started. If he's leaving at the end of the season why isn't Carter starting? 

Mulgrew has another year doesn’t he?

I don't like that lineup but all I care about is the result today. Shame no Brereton and how Bennett gets in at Lb I don't know... 

I never thought I'd see Mulgrew start again for us. He was great for us in league 1, not so great in this league. Hopefully he ends his time with us on a high. 

• Like 1

To play Bennett after his utterly abysmal showing on Saturday cannot be defended.

And I'd have played a youngster rather than Walton - a good, strong manager would've sent out a message tonight - safe to say we haven't got one.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

To play Bennett after his utterly abysmal showing on Saturday cannot be defended.

And I'd have played a youngster rather than Walton - a good, strong manager would've sent out a message tonight - safe to say we haven't got one.

Shame Wharton isnt back.......Charlie to left back and Bennett  left back in the changing rooms 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

2-1 Rovers win..

Armstrong and Nyambe to score. 

Opinion on Mulgrew playing? I know youve always been staunchly against his return, and have even said youd prefer Carter before.

With Mulgrew and Bennett in the defence, we could be in for a long evening.

So hard to see the shape we are playing.

Must win, thats for sure.

Pretty typical of Mowbray.

Bennett and Walton wouldn't get dropped if they wiped Mowbray's family out at gunpoint.

Brereton couldn't get a run of games if he prevented Bennett and Walton from wiping out Mowbray's family at gunpoint.

At least Armstrong is back in  but what has Samuel done to deserve the nod? It's obviously his turn to be useless on the right wing instead of Gallagher.

It's going to be "interesting" (as in scary) to see how Mulgrew does as well.

Not looking good.

• Like 1