BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

,Well safe to say no one predicted that!  

Mulgrew starting makes not playing him in particular using him as a super sub during the 5 subs ruling even more pointless. 

Bennett remains at left back? That's a disaster waiting to happen. Glad Gally is our, and feels a tad harsh but don't think theres much difference between him and Samuel bar 6 million. Neither really good enough. 

Great Armstrong starts. Best attacker and goal threat, we are a different team when he plays. 

Sadly I am losing any amount of compassion or understanding that I may have had for Tony. He said in the Telegraph today that he will play Armstrong because he’s our best chance to to score saying “I’m not stupid.” 
I never really thought Tony was stupid, I just think he’s stubborn. I guess he will show us today

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Opinion on Mulgrew playing? I know youve always been staunchly against his return, and have even said youd prefer Carter before.

With Mulgrew and Bennett in the defence, we could be in for a long evening.

So hard to see the shape we are playing.

Must win, thats for sure.

very surprise. If Lenihan wasn't going to play tonight then I would have gone for Carter. Good future prospect

I wouldn't be surprise to see 3 at the back cos of Mulgrew lack of pace. 

Now I said this watch Mulgrew get the winner to make me eat my words.  

Just now, WacoRover said:

Sadly I am losing any amount of compassion or understanding that I may have had for Tony. He said in the Telegraph today that he will play Armstrong because he’s our best chance to to score saying “I’m not stupid.” 
I never really thought Tony was stupid, I just think he’s stubborn. I guess he will show us today

Armstrong is starting

Just now, WacoRover said:

He didn't play Armstrong the last two games........

I hope Barnsley hammer us.

Sick and tired of, IMO, Mowbray's clueless selections.

Could you imagine Roy Kean selecting Walton and Bennett !?!?

Brereton at long, long last begins to show a wee bit of promise and Mowbray drops him to the bench - just how will that help the lad's confidence.

I think we desperately need rid of the dinosaurian Mowbray and, IMO, the equally useless Benson, Venus and Lowe.  We are going nowhere. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

I don't like that lineup but all I care about is the result today. Shame no Brereton and how Bennett gets in at Lb I don't know... 

I have no idea how our captain gets to play every week regardless of how dire his performance is. 

7 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

I never thought I'd see Mulgrew start again for us. He was great for us in league 1, not so great in this league. Hopefully he ends his time with us on a high. 

Thing is Mulgrew really should go out on a high  with us. The 5 subs rule mean he can be saved for the last 10-15 which he probably still just about has the legs for and would give us a huge bonus from his set pieces. The benefits aren't worth the risks over 90 but when chasing a game or trying to break down stubborn opposition bringing him on as a super sub really could work. 

4 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

3-1 Barnsley. They have something to play for, we've got an incredibly stubborn manager.

And they are on a good run and are decent footballing side.

Going to need Walton heroics to return from Oakwell with anything and based on the three goals we have conceded since the restart, the likelihood is close to zero.

Just now, philipl said:

And they are on a good run and are decent footballing side.

Going to need Walton heroics to return from Oakwell with anything and based on the three goals we have conceded since the restart, the likelihood is close to zero.

Decent footballing side? Philip they are bottom rock bottom.

45 minutes ago, superniko said:

You’ll find Appleton, Ince, Coyle etc. filed under “poor poor”

Mowbray may not be the man to lead us to promotion or even a top 6 finish but at worst he’s been a steady manager. 
We were league 1 not so long ago and since then numerous teams have come down with parachute payments, paying £40k+ a week still. 

it can be argued that mowbray took us down to league 1 with his dour defensive negative play (check his record - too many draws took us down). 

I watched every game in league 1...you seem to forget how we started the campaign - loss after loss. 

Many games were won not because of our play but because the opposition were so poor. 

'At worse' he is dull. Slow. Negative. Contracts for the boys. Wasted our transfer budgets on 2 non strikers. No passion. No fight. No desire. 

Edited by barry_
  • Like 2

poor ben brereton,he was looking a like a footballer in his last few starts then mowbray dumps him again after praising him in the telegraph,another pointer to the fact he picks his team by a bingo machine,what the **** is mulgrew doing in,basically wrote off,brought back and now back in favour,how long will it take for him to make a mistake and it be 1-0

Just now, barry_ said:

it can be argued that mowbray took us down to league 1 with his dour defensive negative play (check his record - too many draws took us down). 

I watched every game in ldague 1...you seem to forget how we started the campaihgn - loss after loss. 

Many games were won not because of our play but because the opposition were so poor. 

'At worse' he is dull. Slow. Negative. Contracts for the boys. Wasted our transfer budgets on 2 non strikers. No passion. No fight. No desire. 

Club records for points/wins in 2017/18