BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

4 minutes ago, barry_ said:

it can be argued that mowbray took us down to league 1 with his dour defensive negative play (check his record - too many draws took us down). 

I watched every game in league 1...you seem to forget how we started the campaign - loss after loss. 

Many games were won not because of our play but because the opposition were so poor. 

'At worse' he is dull. Slow. Negative. Contracts for the boys. Wasted our transfer budgets on 2 non strikers. No passion. No fight. No desire. 

That's a very balanced perspective you've got there...

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Behind he was behind on his fitness. 

The virus can affect you for days and weeks after it's gone. Speaking from experience and other people experience 

If your fitness is going to effect your ability to start a game. It will have the same effect on your ability to come off the bench.

My coverage is about 40 seconds behind real time  

Mine seems to start off about that and it keeps on freezing and the more that happens, the further behind it seems to get.

Just now, rigger said:

If your fitness is going to effect your ability to start a game. It will have the same effect on your ability to come off the bench.

Didn't affect his ability in the 1st 2 games as a sub. But he missed 10 days of training aswell

Well who would you play now Lenihan is unavailable for the birth of his child

Why is a professional footballer on the cusp of a life changing promotion taking the evening off. The world has gone soft.

Never mind eh, if Rovers don’t go up this season, Darragh will.

I certainly wouldn’t have Mulgrew anywhere near our matchday squad. May as we have played Johnson there!

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

Aaaand I’ve just got to this.

FFS Tony.

Can’t believe that Mulgrew is starting. What a nonsense.

Might as well scrap the Academy and support teams if Mowbray stays.

Just one 'home grown' out on 'the grass'.

Goodness knows what the likes (Academy / bought for potential) of Brereton, Carter, Chapman, Davenport and Vale all think.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Why is a professional footballer on the cusp of a life changing promotion taking the evening off. The world has gone soft.

I certainly wouldn’t have Mulgrew anywhere near our matchday squad. May as we have played Johnson there!

So you would miss the birth of your first child for your job?

• Like 3

Just now, Mercer said:

Might as well scrap the Academy and support teams if Mowbray stays.

Just one 'home grown' out on 'the grass'.

Goodness knows what the likes (Academy / bought for potential) of Brereton, Carter, Chapman, Davenport and Vale all think.

The fact that Mowbray feels he has no option but to pick Mulgrew then he has failed this football club. His inability to sort out our defence has punctuated his time here.

The real question is why we don’t have anyone better if anything happens to our two CBs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

He wants to be at the birth of his 1st child tonight. 

Are you saying he should miss that for a game of football? 

Would you miss the birth of your 1st child for your job? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, islander200 said:

So you would miss the birth of your first child for your job?

Depends how much I was being paid and how important the current workload was to my career and my family’s future.

People miss births all the time. Some blokes are stationed overseas in shit conditions on shit money.

But like I said, Lenihan doesn’t need Rovers to further his own career.

• Like 2