BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

He wants to be at the birth of his 1st child tonight. 

Are you saying he should miss that for a game of football? 

Bill Shankly, Brian Clough might have differed 'young man..........'!

• Like 2

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Really? 

You think playing the last 30 mins is the same as playing 90, or even the first 60?

Playing the last 30 mins from the bench, is just the same fitness wise, as playing the first 30 mins from the start

Just now, Stuart said:

Depends how much I was being paid and how important the current workload was to my career and my family’s future.

People miss births all the time. Some blokes are stationed overseas in shit conditions on shit money.

But like I said, Lenihan doesn’t need Rovers to further his own career.

Outrageous comments there. 

Just now, Mercer said:

Family comes 1st

Just now, USABlue said:

Well I knew he would drop Brereton.  Travis hurt? Tony must want to put to bed this playoff nonsense.

Travis' missus gone into labour. Never understood this one personally in high level football, but then again I have no kids. I know it's a momentous moment but if we did miss out on the playoffs by a point we lost today from Mulgrew dropping a bollock, if I were Lenihan I'd then be questioning if I had really done the right thing for my family. But maybe I'm odd.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Outrageous comments there. 

Family comes 1st

Come on Chaddy...is she actually having it now? I doubt it. 

For me, its a sign that they don't want promotion......anything but a win will near enough end our hopes so its a curious one for me.

• Like 2

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

For me, its a sign that they don't want promotion......anything but a win will near enough end our hopes so its a curious one for me.

Today. 

Family comes 1st every day of the week. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

think about it,if we did get promotion,75% of them would be looking for new clubs,so bang goes their initiative

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

I could just imagine Cloughie's reaction if his captain said to him I can't play today Mr Clough as the wife is going into labour. It's just another example of the soft cosy culture that has set in under Mowbray.

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think we desperately need rid of the dinosaurian Mowbray and, IMO, the equally useless Benson, Venus and Lowe.  We are going nowhere. 

I've been on that train for 90% of the past 18 months.

Unfortunately with a bizarre/reduced offseason coming up, there is 0% chance Mowbray goes this summer, even if we lose every remaining game.

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Of course, the classic start a player and then bring him off after 30 mins. 

Why didn't Tony think of that?

You would not be planning to bring the player off. But if his fitness wasn’t up to it after 30 mins at least you would have a choice. The reason Tony didn’t think of it, is perhaps the same reason Bennett is playing leftback