BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

Lots to be frustrated about in that 1st half:

- Shocking 20 minutes

- Bradley Johnson is our 2020 Danny Murphy

- Samuel no brain in the box

I’d stick Brereton on at half time, if he plays like the last few games he’ll have more of an impact than Samuel. Still not convinced on this false 9 formation. 

• Moderation Lead

I’ve never had children and at my age, I probably won’t end up doing either.

But, I can fully understand anyone missing work to be at the birth of their first child. 
Even if that work was being a key player for the football team I support.

Lenihan isn’t the first player to do so and certainly won’t be the last. I wouldn’t blame any of those players for it.

It seems a bit of a bizarre thing to criticise anyone for to me, but to each their own....

• Like 8

People complaining about a player missing 1 football match to be at the birth of a child need to get out of the 1980's and into the 21st century,times have changed.For me i'd think less of Lenihan if he put a game of football a bigger priority before being with his  family at an important time in their life.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, superniko said:

That has escalated quickly from Lenihan missing Barnsley away to be at the birth of his child.

Take a breather Stuart

Not at all. Barnsley away again this stage is a must win game in a season close to the play off places. If we don’t win tonight, we may as well start preparing for next season in the Championship again. We probably already have.

The trouble is, as many clubs have found out in the past, finishing 7th or 8th can mean relegation the season after.

If you don’t want to face that then stop replying to my posts.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Better in terms of overall play, but playing this weird formation I don't think we look as if we could score if we played until this time next week.

The two Rovers commentators seem to think we're playing like Liverpool.

To be fair they said we played ‘decent’ against Wigan so I wouldn’t listen to them

Just now, Stuart said:

Not at all. Barnsley away again this stage is a must win game in a season close to the play off places. If we don’t win tonight, we may as well start preparing for next season in the Championship again. We probably already have.

The trouble is, as many clubs have found out in the past, finishing 7th or 8th can mean relegation the season after.

If you don’t want to face that then stop replying to my posts.

You were relating Lenihan missing a game to see the birth of his child with the club going bust. 

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve never had children and at my age, I probably won’t end up doing either.

But, I can fully understand anyone missing work to be at the birth of their first child. 
Even if that work was being a key player for the football team I support.

Lenihan isn’t the first player to do so and certainly won’t be the last. I wouldn’t blame any of those players for it.

It seems a bit of a bizarre thing to criticise anyone for to me, but to each their own....

The squad is already paper thin and it’s last chance saloon.

Missing a game in October, or even February probably not an issue. Missing one at this stage, it’s football suicide. But as I’ve said, Lenihan can simply leave if his absence costs us - and probably will.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

kuqi would end up  midfield in tony`s side

Just imagined Kuqi as a winger like the rest of our strikers, probaly the highlight of my last 45 mins.

couldnt possible do worse than the strikers we use there now though. probaly a better touch than Samuel, who by the way is stealing a living as a footballer.

• Like 1

Nice to see Charlie boy back tbh, holding pretty well so far. 
Barnsley spent the first 15 mins passing around Bradley Johnson taking the piss. We have been the better side since then. Rothwell and Holtby linking well at times and look the most likely to make something happen. Why Samuel doesn’t pass that across the six yard box I’ll never know.

Just now, Stuart said:

Missing a game in October, or even February probably not an issue. Missing one at this stage, it’s football suicide. But as I’ve said, Lenihan can simply leave if his absence costs us - and probably will.

Did someone pee in your Cornflakes this morning or something?

Just now, Stuart said:

Ostrich mentality if you think we don’t need promotion.

The manager signing sh*t forwards and  playing players in the wrong positions will contribute more to not being promoted than a defender missing one of  38 league matches to see his child born.

• Like 2

A great display of Ineffective tippy-tappy combined with equally ineffective hoofball.

I've lost count of how many times Walton has launched long to no effect.

Barnsley have faded and we are now bossing the game but I've no idea where a goal is coming from.

Late in the game we have an inswinging cross from our left and Samuel is stood still, if he had moved at all contact was there for the taking. Just a big lad stuck up front with zero natural striker instinct.

This game is there for the taking and can only be fecked up by a mistake by us.

• Like 1

Just now, Gogger said:

Just imagined Kuqi as a winger like the rest of our strikers, probaly the highlight of my last 45 mins.

couldnt possible do worse than the strikers we use there now though. probaly a better touch than Samuel, who by the way is stealing a living as a footballer.

i never rated samuel even before he did his knee in,this level is a bit above his

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That’s one of the times in life you’re allowed to be selfish. 
If you’ve got kids of your own, then surely you can empathise with his situation? 

• Like 2