BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

Absolutely embarassing capitulation. No doubt Mowbray will blame a perhaps harsh red card rather than look at why we was already 1 down and absolutely pitiful. Season over.

In a team full of shit performances Samuel stood out. Absolutely pathetic. And some think hes worth a new deal?! Rothwell, totally ineffective, as he always is. Holtby and Armstrong our only sort of threats. What was that quadruple sub about, taking them 2 off? Gallagher pointless. Graham past it. Davenport full of petulance even though he did seem at least arsed. Brereton not a red but absolutely idiotic to do what he did. 

Johnson a lumbering oaf, no doubt on a big wage. Downing seems to have aged a couple of years during lockdown. Our bizarre makeshift defence eventually crumbled and ill be glad when that clown in net is sent back.

How we sort out a horribly imbalanced squad full of immovable shite on good contracts, beats me.

• Like 8

The worst of it is, it’ll be rinse and repeat come the weekend. Samuel was p*ss, so back in comes Gallagher. Armstrong will be back out for Brereton if he has his red turned over. Graham may get a game. There’s just no method to Mowbray’s madness and if I have to see us line up with this wide forward nonsense once more I think I’ll lose the plot. 

So angry tonight. 

• Like 3

If anyone thought Mowbray was doing well for us before the last two games they must have had their eyes opened. This shambles of a squad and manager are awful. If we do fluke a win against Leeds, don't be fooled. I'm so down because I can't see a way out of it.

We aren't stupid people, we all have bosses or lead in our day jobs and we all know when things go well the "team" self manages and everybody is happy. When things aren't going well the gaffer earns their money and finds a way of getting the best out of their team.

Our gaffer seems completely incompetent when needing to rally the troops, the massive concern for me is they are ALL his troops!

Just now, Tom said:

I’m not shy of giving Tony some grief but Yes we all may have done things differently but the players Tony sent out let him down. A losing manager is never blameless but there’s plenty of blame to share around, on the day we’ve used 8 different attacking players just now, tell me one that played well......

But he signed 7 of them. Gallagher and Brereton the less said about the better. Rothwell has been fur coat and no knickers since he joined. Samuel as bad as any of them and always has been. Holtby for some reason playing as a focal point in attack. Armstrong our only threat subbed off. And Chapman the most pointless signing ever. Ultimately its his own bad recruitment.

• Like 6

• Backroom
Just now, roversfan99 said:

But he signed 7 of them. Gallagher and Brereton the less said about the better. Rothwell has been fur coat and no knickers since he joined. Samuel as bad as any of them and always has been. Holtby for some reason playing as a focal point in attack. Armstrong our only threat subbed off. And Chapman the most pointless signing ever. Ultimately its his own bad recruitment.

Of course, and as I say he’s faaaaar from blameless but I just think there’s enough blame to go round to question those on the pitch

• Moderation Lead

I’m so angry about tonight. Textbook Rovers, we just get stage fright when we get near to the prize. I appreciate we aren’t entitled to win every game, but to lose to Wigan and now to be outplayed by the team at the bottom of the league is completely unacceptable. 
The saddest thing is, nothing will change.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Sick of his after match BS !! He makes no sence and never learns ...

can just hear it now We move on to next match crap ... with the same characters in the same positions .... 

Be interesting to see if it he defends BB to the hilt or not. In the past if someone like Bennett had done it it would have been the worst decision in the world from the referee whereas if Travis or Buckley had done it they're young players who need to learn etc.....

I hate to say this but look at Dyche, a team full of really nobodies but gets them organised and play for him, similar to Mark Hughes when he came in to rovers, compare those to Tony and sorry its men against boys, time for him to take stock and tell venkys to look for another manager.

• Like 5

Problem is that, rather than it being a stick to beat him with, the 12 million wasted on 2 appalling 'strikers' has actually made his position stronger as they've took us to FFP limits. Meaning the job is a fire fighting one with no funds for any prospective candidates, therefore no credible alternatives, better the devil you know etc and down and down we go.

And the fucker has his own flag....

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Gogger said:

Just imagined Kuqi as a winger like the rest of our strikers, probaly the highlight of my last 45 mins.

couldnt possible do worse than the strikers we use there now though. probaly a better touch than Samuel, who by the way is stealing a living as a footballer.

When Pedersen scored that wonder volley against Fulham who provided the inch perfect cross from way out on the right wing - Kuqi !

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s always a yellow, I know this as I’ve done it myself time and again over the years and been booked!

Have to disagree. The more I've seen of it after the game the worse it gets.

Brereton was annoyed because he'd been fouled by another player and just went over and took a swipe at the guy on the ball in frustration. 

No attempt to play the ball at all. I can't see much distinction between that and him just kicking another player with the ball out of play.

Violent conduct and I'd be very surprised if it was overturned.

• Like 1

I forgot this was an early kick off and just logged on for an update.

Why did I bother? The past 2 games have been so,so, so predictable.

I'm sure Tony's being paid by someone to do this.... in addition to his Rovers salary. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

I forgot this was an early kick off and just logged on for an update.

Why did I bother? The past 2 games have been so,so, so predictable.

I'm sure Tony's being paid by someone to do this.... in addition to his Rovers salary. 

Wish I'd forgot.