BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

2 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

As bad a Rovers performance as I’ve seen. And I remember the surrender against Spurs in the relegation season under Kean. No guts, no fight, no quality, no clue. Looked like a pub team.

Never equate anything with the dark lord's appointment.....never! And try not to mention him in person. He doesn't exist in my Rovers history!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Problem is that, rather than it being a stick to beat him with, the 12 million wasted on 2 appalling 'strikers' has actually made his position stronger as they've took us to FFP limits. Meaning the job is a fire fighting one with no funds for any prospective candidates, therefore no credible alternatives, better the devil you know etc and down and down we go.

And the fucker has his own flag....

Managers tend to have a very inflated sense of their own ability and there would surely be some up and coming talents either here or abroad who'd relish the chance to come here.

The problem is, he got Waggott his job and the admiration is reciprocal, Waggott seems to think we have Pep Guardiola in charge so you're right, he probably is bombproof.

We need Roy Keane as Director of Football for 12 -18 months.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

As bad a Rovers performance as I’ve seen. And I remember the surrender against Spurs in the relegation season under Kean. No guts, no fight, no quality, no clue. Looked like a pub team.

Thats an insult to pub teams 

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

It's a results business.

I'm not interested in TMs post match comments. If you can't get a result playing bottom of the league you're not worth listening to. 

I understand an occasional dreadful game, by any club. But two in a row? It’s happened far too often. I agree there’s nothing he can say about losing to two catfish teams. 

• Like 2

For a club as ours to be sustainable we have to A) buy players with potential cheaply, make them better and sell them for a profit. Or B - Buy quality players that will get us promoted. I cant really see which strategy Tony is working after. Sure we have bought Dack and Armstrong cheaply and could sell them for profit,  but Tony has so many transfermisses that I don't really trust him to spend the money wisely. 

Edited by DanielMB
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m not shy of giving Tony some grief but Yes we all may have done things differently but the players Tony sent out let him down. A losing manager is never blameless but there’s plenty of blame to share around, on the day we’ve used 8 different attacking players just now, tell me one that played well......

Did they let him down or are they simply not good enough? Personally I look at the 16 players that we used today and feel that only 5 are good enough to play regular Championship football. 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Did they let him down or are they simply not good enough? Personally I look at the 16 players that we used today and feel that only 5 are good enough to play regular Championship football. 

said it many times,three quarters of the current playing staff are quite content to pick up their wages without any pride in their performance or effort,travis,dack,nyambe,lenihan are maybe the exeption,gallagher and brereton may care  but they ar`nt very good,the rest of them are just picking up their wages,it needs a hungry manager who is prepared to ship them out

Been saying it for the last 18 months so might as well reiterate it once more, we'll never get anywhere with Mowbray in charge.

That will never change even allowing for the occasional glimmer of hope created by the odd good result which even I was gullible enough to temporarily fall for after the Bristol City game.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, GHR said:

Abysmal.

We're an absolute shambles. A squad with more deadwood than actual potential, a manager who is inept beyond comprehension, an astounding ability to play football without any effective tactics, an executive level who either haven't got a clue all this is happening or are the reason it is happening, and all the while an air around the club as if life doesn't get any better than this.

It's so frustrating. You know straight off the bat three things will happen in our games at present - 1) we'll have a wealth of chances we don't convert, 2) we'll concede some piss weak opener, and 3) we'll have no response, and if anything will actually implode. Quite how Samuel missed so many chances so glaringly I don't know. Quite how we have so many strikers at our disposal, yet only two of them are ever been prolific (even one of them - DG - is on the turn now), I don't know. Quite how we go from playing absolute blinders one week, to looking as if we have never met the next, I don't know.

The sad fact of the matter is that the only reason everyone else and I get so frustrated is because we care, to whatever degree. You look at their social media profiles and everything's rosy, having a laugh and messing about. You look at Mowbray churning out excuse after excuse. You look at those high up obliterating everything that made me fall in love with this club. None of them give one. Players will move away to elsewhere, the exec likewise, Mowbray will get a nice amount in his coffers for a rainy day and Venky's won't even clock how much they've spent.

It is the hope that kills you. After Bristol City I thought maybe, just maybe, we might get somewhere. We've been in this position so many times and have always made a hash of it

There is a lot to unwrap here; let me say as someone who has lived his whole in Texas, and largely ignorant of this game that I now love, and team I love, I chose Rovers as my club 7 years ago and I do not regret it. But I get very discouraged by what I see on the sideline and on the pitch. I can also say England doesn’t have a monopoly on excuse-makers and do-nothings. I do not have a history with the club near as long as most of you. But I am just as eager to see new successes and things to shout about as a Rovers fan. 

I am glad Tony got us promoted, but I am doubtful he can do it again. More than that, his personnel decisions have cost us dearly in the pocketbook, and could sink the club to League 1 irrelevancy again. 

I still hope the powers-that-be with Blackburn Rovers wait until the end of the season, but at that time take a good, hard, look at Tony and his staff. He has chose the way this club should go, and all we’ve got to show for it are guys whose best days were 6-8 years ago, or kids whose flitting promise appears to have dried up at this level of competition. Guys like Dack, Travis, Arma, Nyambe & Lenihan deserve better in their future. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Someone said on Twitter that he may have stood on his ankle after the swipe when the player was down. Not been able to watch it back since to see if holds any truth.

Would make sense, BB didn't seem to complain much.

Just trudged off and took his shirt off. Seemed pretty accepting of his fate.

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Would make sense, BB didn't seem to complain much.

Just trudged off and took his shirt off. Seemed pretty accepting of his fate.

I saw it as a kick by Brereton who reacted after he thought he was fouled. Violent conduct and a three game ban. I thought the referee called it right.

• Like 6

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/june/tm-post-barnsley-reaction/

‘We have an array of strikers but nobody is firing for us at the moment.’ Funny that Tony, when you’ve amassed this ‘array’ of strikers (for a Kings ransom), that are frankly utter horse sh*te.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

thats the big problem wacorovers,chairman and manager are best of mates,the owners don`t have a scooby do,the only way mowbray is leaving is if he decides to retire or resign(unlikely,as he`ll miss his severance cheque)

That’s really disappointing. I can only hope something is done before the club is destroyed. If the fans are all turned off (I know many of them have already had their fill of disgust and won’t buy tix), those running the club in the ground will regret it, alas, probably too late. 
We the fans are the ones who are left to suffer- ala, Bury. 
My experience getting tickets to the Reading/Rovers match was a turnoff- I finally had to go through Reading’s ticket office. They were pleased to accommodate me, I was never able to get them through Rovers. If I hadn’t been treated so well by Rovers staff when I had my tour at Ewood, I might’ve been convinced nobody at the club cares. As it is, it seems the hourly wage people, fans, and common folk like me and you here are the only ones who still care. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I saw it as a kick by Brereton who reacted after he thought he was fouled. Violent conduct and a three game ban. I thought the referee called it right.

Exactly as I saw it. Brereton quite clearly kicked the player.

Did he strip to his Bra and run of crying? Blouse!

I think this was the Ref who missed the Mitrovic elbow.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I saw it as a kick by Brereton who reacted after he thought he was fouled. 

Worst bit is I don't even think it was, I reckon he was angry cos he fell over.....you know like a toddler does.

Then just got up and lashed out in rage and frustration.  

To be fair, his blood pressure was probably already up from sitting on the bench watching Walton hoof it to Armstrong 26 times in a row. Sure boiled my piss. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

‘We have an array of strikers but nobody is firing for us at the moment.’ Funny that Tony, when you’ve amassed this ‘array’ of strikers (for a Kings ransom), that are frankly utter horse sh*te.

And constantly out of position a disgrace.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Completely agree. At first I though definite yellow but after the replay it showed he definitely reacted and launched in to make the foul, not to play the ball. The intent changed the colour for me.

But again, Brereton has just had two games where he started to finally look as though he had something about him - at least in patches and he needs some consistency - next minute he’s benched in favour of rotation to give Samuel a turn.

How on earth is the lad going to develop (let alone develop enough to pay back the investment) if, one, he doesn’t get a decent run of games to develop some form and, two, he gets played anywhere but where he could be effective?

A petulant foul born out of frustration?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Didn't see that, petulant tackle, bloke didn't even roll around. Yellow! Disagree with our resident ex-ref!

It couldn't be described as a tackle, it was a blatant kick with no intention to play the ball. You are right with your use of the word petulant though.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I can barely remember any chances in the whole game bar those that Samuel had!

• Like 1