BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

Just now, K-Hod said:

I can barely remember any chances in the whole game bar those that Samuel had!

He’s definitely over playing these ‘chances’. Samuel obviously had a couple glorious ones, we had that goalmouth scramble where Johnson(?) diverted it over. Arma half chance. Can’t think of any more? 

“We have an array of strikers but nobody’s really firing for us at the moment"

I have to stop reading this shit but it's so addictive and in a bad way.

Mowbray has lost the plot big time just like he did at Celtic where his tactic was to flood the pitch with supposed Strikers whilst removing what creativity there might have been. Thick as pigshit.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Completely agree. At first I though definite yellow but after the replay it showed he definitely reacted and launched in to make the foul, not to play the ball. The intent changed the colour for me.

But again, Brereton has just had two games where he started to finally look as though he had something about him - at least in patches and he needs some consistency - next minute he’s benched in favour of rotation to give Samuel a turn.

How on earth is the lad going to develop (let alone develop enough to pay back the investment) if, one, he doesn’t get a decent run of games to develop some form and, two, he gets played anywhere but where he could be effective?

A petulant foul born out of frustration?

Maybe he'd been told to get on and " put himself about a bit ". That's the thing with non aggressive players, they don't really know how to go about it, so they tend to over react and they're too obvious.

• Like 1

We dominated that game tonight for large parts but the end product was missing as usual.

The owners have given him time and money, the sides experienced in this league now which is extremely important, he needs to produce the goods. 

I'd give Mowbray until November and if we don't look like making that next step up to play off contenders he's got to go.

Just now, Gav said:

We dominated that game tonight for large parts but the end product was missing as usual.

The owners have given him time and money, the sides experienced in this league now which is extremely important, he needs to produce the goods. 

I'd give Mowbray until November and if we don't look like making that next step up to play off contenders he's got to go.

We did not dominate at all. We played long ball up to Arma for 70 minutes.

We cannot give Mowbray the transfer window to create more imbalance within the team.

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I can barely remember any chances in the whole game bar those that Samuel had!

Nor those against Wigan when according to tonight's commentators the only problem was we couldn't take our chances.

They're all insulting our intelligence. There's all the difference in the world between playing well but failing to take your chances and the dross we've witnessed during the last two games.

And it happens every time we get in a half decent position. Like night following day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gav said:

For me that's too late by that stage Gav, that's next season wasted as well.

I expect he'll be here until he chooses to leave though sadly.

• Like 2

We had 3 very good chances to score before they took the lead - to not take 1 of 3 very good chances is just inexcusable. 

I'm as despondent tonight as I have been in a while. We all sort of knew it was coming, but to completely blow any chance of promotion against two bottom-half teams, albeit it two bottom-half teams in relative form, is just not good enough.

We lack quality out wide and we lack leadership all over the pitch. We've several players away from being good enough for promotion, but it isn't an impossible task in a single-window if we approach it wisely and don't make the mistake of signing a player like Gallagher who addresses none of our problems and doesn't really fit into our approach.

Season over. Play the youngsters from here on out and see if they can step up. If one or two of them can really impress over the next few games it could drastically change how we approach this summer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

WHAT ?????I cannot believe anyone would give him beyond this season....what for? 
To waste more money ? 
 To de- skill the young players ?
To sign more Johnson like journeymen ? 
To play square pegs in.....

To further empty Ewood ?

He needs to be gone.....and gone now ...an embarrassment to himself.....I actually cringe when I hear his interviews 

• Like 7

Just now, CD_93 said:

I'm going to predict Wigan will finish above us.

Not a bad shout...they're only 6 ;points behind now.

Rovers really are a soft touch losing to 2 relegation threatened sides, Wigan and Barnsley showed what can be achieved with a bit of fighting spirit.

Our bunch of nice boys couldn't fight their way out a of a paper bag. 

Just now, Dolly blue said:

WHAT ?????I cannot believe anyone would give him beyond this season....what for? 
To waste more money ? 

To further empty Ewood ?

He needs to be gone.....and gone now ...an embarrassment to himself.....I actually cringe when I hear his interviews 

I've stopped listening to him. Like I did with Keano and Bowyer.

• Like 1

Just now, Dolly blue said:

To waste more money ? 

To further empty Ewood ?

I would not give him till tomorrow 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It couldn't be described as a tackle, it was a blatant kick with no intention to play the ball. You are right with your use of the word petulant though.

That's why never thought of doing my badges, as I thought the job of a Ref was impossible! No studs up, in our day, play on! We were a lot harder in the 70's and 80's!

• Backroom

There's every chance we won't win another match this season. Mowbray's death spirals tend to last between 1-2 months, so there probably isn't time to pull up out of this one before the season ends. Wigan are on a roll, so they could definitely finish above us. We could easily end up finishing in the same position as last season. 

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

That just never works though especiailly with someone like him who suddenly pulls it out the fire every  time the pitchforks are out. 

November then becomes Christmas the Christmas becomes the end of the window then it becomes the end of the season. 

Time to make change is the summer the time to put the wheels in motion for recruitment of someone potentially better is now. Pretty soon we'll be desperate for change just for changes sake and that's a sticky wicket.

Look to improve and start looking now.

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Not a bad shout...they're only 6 ;points behind now.

Rovers really are a soft touch losing to 2 relegation threatened sides, Wigan and Barnsley showed what can be achieved with a bit of fighting spirit.

Our bunch of nice boys couldn't fight their way out a of a paper bag. 

That's the one constant that's been in the team for the last ten years. A complete lack of fight when things don't go their way. The number of games we've managed to pull around from a losing position tells it's own story. In all the players he's signed he hasn't signed one " Battler ". Only Lenihan and Travis look like they relish the physical side of the game and they came up through the ranks.

Positive for the night, Barnsley have won me almost £50.

Been saying it almost since Mowbray was appointed - IMO, a rank bad manager.  

IMO, we are a feckin shambles - so much so, even Coyle would be a better option.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

That just never works though especiailly with someone like him who suddenly pulls it out the fire every  time the pitchforks are out. 

November then becomes Christmas the Christmas becomes the end of the window then it becomes the end of the season. 

Time to make change is the summer the time to put the wheels in motion for recruitment of someone potentially better is now. Pretty soon we'll be desperate for change just for changes sake and that's a sticky wicket.

Look to improve and start looking now.

I agree. I'd have him in tomorrow and give him the hard word. Actually he should have gone ages ago. Time to look elsewhere now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Been having a bit of a break on here... had some tough times over the last few months, but I feel the need for a bit of a vent after that shambles.

sorry to hear that. Hope things have improved. 

Samuel was poor And should have scored, but at least he got into positions and created opportunities unlike Gallagher and Brereton (who we just need to write off as a very costly mistake).

this is the thing for me. Samuel is missing sitters but I cannot remember Bereton or Gally having as many chances combined in the last few games, or regularly getting in those positions. It's a really tough choice - someone who gets in those positions but doesn't score or someone who might be more clinical but gets in less positions. Shambles either way. At least at £500k at this level it's perhaps to be expected. 

9 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Really concerning when a 34 year old player who has been practically released, completely frozen out and not played for us in nearly a year looks far less out of place than at least 6 or 7 others who turned out for us tonight.

makes you think he perhaps shouldn't have been frozen our. 

• Like 2