BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

What might have been. Instead we’ve got Tonebola saying never mind Elliott you’re still my favourite while handing out his wife’s lemon drizzle cake. 

Watch that and weep. Imagine Warnock in our dressing room after trash like that tonight when 3 points off the playoffs. Those players wouldn't do it again, that's for sure.

Instead we've got merry go round Mowbray. Does anyone believe he gave the team a bollocking after the game? Anyone think he's distraught/devastated after once again wasting a glorious chance to move into the top 6? 

I dont. It will be 'hard luck lads' or oh well always next week/month/year. Plenty of time, nice lads etc.

He's not a winner.

• Like 9

Rothwell is a shadow of the player he was. Travis is good defensively but used to make surging runs. Gallagher and Brereton are either strikers or we should have bought wingers. Bennett while I respect the man should definitely not be at left back or in the team. It took the injury to dack to allow Mowbray to free Armstrong. Johnson is past it and davenport should be either playing in his position or at left back.

Finally no intention of returning season ticket money yet Mowbray hands out extended contracts to players who haven’t played for us for twelve months. To justify this he included one in the squad( Smallwood) and plays the other( mulgrew). Easy money.

Technically inept, can’t spend money, can’t organise a team and to keep the players onside hands out my non refundable season ticket money.

All disfunctional but with no real oversight not surprising.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Instead we've got merry go round Mowbray. Does anyone believe he gave the team a bollocking after the game? Anyone think he's distraught/devastated after once again wasting a glorious chance to move into the top 6? 

Not a chance. They’re all on easy street just picking up a wage. I’ve never once felt any of them care beyond the most basic level of professional pride. As for any bollockings why would he get irate his job isn’t on the line just another day at the office. 

• Like 2

Feeling very down tonight. That was the first must win game of the season for me (maybe now the only one); at half time I feared that those missed chances would bite us hard, and boy did they.

How poor was Samuel's decision making? Credit that he got into some great positions, but his choice & touch was horrendous. He had 3 gilt-edged chances & fluffed them all.

Much as I don't like the fact we relied on Bennett & Mulgrew, they weren't major faults tonight. I thought Adarabioyo & Nyambe were very average & clearly at fault for the first goal. Rothwell was anonymous again, Downing subdued, Johnson nowhere.

BB"s challenge was daft, but a red? No way.

Injuries to Travis & Evans are such bad timing. The space Barnsley found wouldn't have been there had they played.

I guess, clutching at straws, there's still a glimmer. There are some strange results happening so it would be typical Rovers to beat Leeds & Cardiff next up. It's hope rather than belief, just to keep some interest going in the next few weeks.

I trying to find positives, but it's incredibly hard & painful.

• Like 1

We played well for 30 mins of that game between the 15 and 45 minutes. We need to score during that period we have 4 good chances during that spell. Samuel with one, Armstrong with 2 and Johnson with header from the corner,. But we didn't and that cost us. 

Second half we didn't start well and that is unacceptable. First goal is a joke how the smaller man on the pitch scored that heading. Poor defending Nyambe and Adarabioyo. Second goal we were wide open and Mulgrew and Nyambe didn't cover the space left by Adarabioyo following his man. 

The Brereton sending off is a joke and the ref must have seen a different game. 

I wasn't happy with Armstrong going off. Bennett should have be off at that time not Armstrong. If Armstrong needed to come off then replace him with Chapman on with his pace. Davenport his foot in more times than Johnson during that game. He needs to start the next game. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Rothwell is a shadow of the player he was. Travis is good defensively but used to make surging runs. Gallagher and Brereton are either strikers or we should have bought wingers. Bennett while I respect the man should definitely not be at left back or in the team. It took the injury to dack to allow Mowbray to free Armstrong. Johnson is past it and davenport should be either playing in his position or at left back.

Finally no intention of returning season ticket money yet Mowbray hands out extended contracts to players who haven’t played for us for twelve months. To justify this he included one in the squad( Smallwood) and plays the other( mulgrew). Easy money.

Technically inept, can’t spend money, can’t organise a team and to keep the players onside hands out my non refundable season ticket money.

All disfunctional but with no real oversight not surprising.

The two things you've highlighted there with Smallwood and Mulgrew really stand out and make you think just what is he actually playing at.

Do the deckhands run the ship to the extent he's terrified of mutiny if he breaks up their comfy little club i wonder ?

Something really isn't right about this.

• Like 2

Totally dejected. Was on a high after Bristol, thought Wigan was a frustrating blip, but today has such a blow.

I always backed Tony with not playing Rothwell before, and after last 2 games, I stand by it, he’s just a nothing player for me. Yeah it looks nice if he runs with it, but nothing ever comes of it.

We missed Travis big time in the middle.

Holtby is clearly very good footballer, but just looking at the team I can’t see why TM thinks we will get goals with him as our man down middle. He can be so more effective in Rothwell role and Graham down the middle.

Subbing of Armstrong annoyed me. You got to leave goal scorers on. Shearer was never subbed. Kane doesn’t get subbed. Look at Kane against West Ham, nothing all game, gets chance last minute and scores.

Samuel was really wasteful a number of times. I’ve no interest when Gallagher comes on, he’s not going to grab us a goal.

Even the commentators were annoying me. Get Nyambe further forward. Why bother? Who he gonna cross it to? Holtby and Armstrong?

• Like 4

Just now, tomphil said:

The two things you've highlighted there with Smallwood and Mulgrew really stand out and make you think just what is he actually playing at.

Do the deckhands run the ship to the extent he's terrified of mutiny if he breaks up their comfy little club i wonder ?

Something really isn't right about this.

Is there room for us to get into a shipbuilding business/canal barges? I bring fuck all knowledge but boundless enthusiasm?

• Like 1

I wasn’t buying the hype of the “improved Brereton” of last 2 games. What did he create? He went round the keeper and fell over? If anything, he was his usual self, runs with the ball, only he was getting fouled before he gave it away.

I can’t understand his red card. It wasn’t it my eyes, but the foul? The guy is on touchline, absolutely no need.

14 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

What was there to lose? A rejection?

Could it not be increased on appeal?

The more I see of it the more blatant a red it was. He was upset he'd been fouled by one player and didn't get it so he ran over and took a wild swipe at another.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Never a red card. A foul but hardly serious foul play or dangerous. Whilst a bit rash, those kinds of challenges happen all the time. 

I watched Sassuolo vs Verona the other day, cracking game. That type of deliberate challenge doesn’t even get a talking too over there. Never a red card in a million years.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We played well for 30 mins of that game between the 15 and 45 minutes. We need to score during that period we have 4 good chances during that spell. Samuel with one, Armstrong with 2 and Johnson with header from the corner,. But we didn't and that cost us. 

Second half we didn't start well and that is unacceptable. First goal is a joke how the smaller man on the pitch scored that heading. Poor defending Nyambe and Adarabioyo. Second goal we were wide open and Mulgrew and Nyambe didn't cover the space left by Adarabioyo following his man. 

The Brereton sending off is a joke and the ref must have seen a different game. 

I wasn't happy with Armstrong going off. Bennett should have be off at that time not Armstrong. If Armstrong needed to come off then replace him with Chapman on with his pace. Davenport his foot in more times than Johnson during that game. He needs to start the next game. 

Completely agree with all of that Chaddy, except I'd go one further and say Bennett shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place and certainly not as LB.

• Like 2

Their second goal is exactly why Mulgrew was shipped out too. He can’t run, so relies on an offside trap we just never play. I never see our back line trying to work an offside trap, but with him in he has to, and as we saw, didn’t work.