BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

Joe Rothwell.....

A player who I’ve loved to hate pretty much for the last two seasons. Good grief, he’s been an passenger for these last two games, yet seems to avoid any criticisms. He looks a million dollars, yet rarely produces anything of note! 

Other names already mentioned also deserve their poor performances being highlighted, but I  hope others have finally seen the light, not good enough!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Joe Rothwell.....

A player who I’ve loved to hate pretty much for the last two seasons. Good grief, he’s been an passenger for these last two games, yet seems to avoid any criticisms. He looks a million dollars, yet rarely produces anything of note! 

Other names already mentioned also deserve their poor performances being highlighted, but I  hope others have finally seen the light, not good enough!

Harsh, he was the one that started making things happen for the 30min spell in the first half. Got crunched and was clearly injured.

16 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Joe Rothwell.....He looks a million dollars, yet rarely produces anything of note! 

He's very typical of what Utd were drilling ino their kids from a very early age early 2000s.  Very technical, great skill, repetition was always the way at utd ......Joe doesnt seem to have the brain to go with his obvious talent.

Theres a lad at Donny who came through utd at the same time as Joe. Hes now club captain at donny, Ben Whiteman. One of the best players in league 1.....

Loads of utd youth dotted around.

Shocking display today but we strangely should have been ahead by a couple long before Barnsley’s goal. 

Whilst some are saying it was a red card for BB, I’ve watched the highlights back and that particular incident a good few times and I don’t see it.  Stupid, petulant foul?  Yes.  Dangerous play of any sort?  No.  Seen those sorts of frustrated/dirty/cynical tackles many a time but rarely seen a red come out for them.

I think it’s poor of Mowbray not to come out and say as much, and was expecting him to blame the ref for a bad decision if I’m honest.

From the sounds of it, he won’t appeal.  However, I think he should.  I would be, personally.  Still think it’s a really poor decision, however silly Ben was for giving the referee a decision to make. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mustard said:

Shocking display today but we strangely should have been ahead by a couple long before Barnsley’s goal. 

Whilst some are saying it was a red card for BB, I’ve watched the highlights back and that particular incident a good few times and I don’t see it.  Stupid, petulant foul?  Yes.  Dangerous play of any sort?  No.  Seen those sorts of frustrated/dirty/cynical tackles many a time but rarely seen a red come out for them.

I think it’s poor of Mowbray not to come out and say as much, and was expecting him to blame the ref for a bad decision if I’m honest.

From the sounds of it, he won’t appeal.  However, I think he should.  I would be, personally.  Still think it’s a really poor decision, however silly Ben was for giving the referee a decision to make. 

It wasn't a foul tackle or any sort of tackle, it was a deliberate kick at the player and nowhere near the ball. Being Ben it was a weak attempt at a kick but a kick nonetheless.

Violent conduct. Straight red.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

Joe Rothwell.....

Agreed. I thought for the first goal there was a big Rothwell-shaped hole out on our left, giving the bloke tons of time and space to send in the early cross. He has no positional sense. He also starts as many attacks for our opponents as he does for us. 

The horrible thing is, it doesn't hurt any more.

It is like we are still in the Covid football shut down.

It was so obvious from the moment the teams were announced we were going to lose.

Irrespective of injuries, there is a Rovers eleven and five subs who could have beaten Barnsley.

Mowbray didn't get anywhere near picking them or selecting the tactics to do it.

• Like 6

Too predictable every game starts with 3 strikers and has 3 on the bench makes the same subs. Time to blood a few of the fringe players. The big money signings have had plenty of chances and it hasn’t worked. 2-0 down and he replaces an attacker with a defensive midfielder in Davenport ? absolutely shocking. There’s players there who are finished yet they start week in and week out 

9 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

What was there to lose? A rejection?

You have to pay to appeal and lose that money it the appeal is unsuccessful. Also an extra game can be added to the ban if it's considered frivolous.

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Positive for the night, Barnsley have won me almost £50.

Been saying it almost since Mowbray was appointed - IMO, a rank bad manager.  

IMO, we are a feckin shambles - so much so, even Coyle would be a better option.

There is literally no way Coyle would be a better option. Stop trolling please.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, philipl said:

It was so obvious from the moment the teams were announced we were going to lose.

Irrespective of injuries, there is a Rovers eleven and five subs who could have beaten Barnsley.

Mowbray didn't get anywhere near picking them or selecting the tactics to do it.

Spot on it's not defeat that hurts much these days it is the manner of it even the most ardent of fans looks at the last 2 line ups and thinks they are set up to fail. No surprise when they do it was actually a surprise when we won the first game back.

The manager blames missed chances but they are his dud strikers missing them yet the only person acting surprised there is him. The Venky's need to do a bit of their own research into what they spend money on they'll find not many goals in Gallagher, brereton and Samuels background pre signing.

Armstrong is our most potent and he actually had a decent record for a young lad. You get what you pay for.

Just now, tomphil said:

Spot on it's not defeat that hurts much these days it is the manner of it even the most ardent of fans looks at the last 2 line ups and thinks they are set up to fail. No surprise when they do it was actually a surprise when we won the first game back.

The manager blames missed chances but they are his dud strikers missing them yet the only person acting surprised there is him. The Venky's need to do a bit of their own research into what they spend money on they'll find not many goals in Gallagher, brereton and Samuels background pre signing.

Armstrong is our most potent and he actually had a decent record for a young lad. You get what you pay for.

Not in our case

Playing devils advocate maybe , perhaps he was a significantly worse manager , and I think a remarkably stupid man but I don’t think coyle would have been this complacent . 
it’s clear to me nobody is trying as they are all on easy street to keep on bobbing about where we are . Promotion would be no good to a lot of them either as they simply wouldn’t get a game in the top flight if we had any intentions at all . 

mobray when I think about it is remarkably thick too , he never learns as he repeats the same thing club to club and he never learns which players let him down . 

Mrs warnocks baking is shit 

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

Not in our case

And the question is why go out on a limb money wise for two such players ?  Misguided faith that Mowbray could realize hidden potential ?

Well that's worked out well so far.

Armstrong had suitors i don't think the other 2 did we just enquired their clubs set a price and we paid it. Yet when we enquire about others with a bit of pedigree we then pull out rather than actually buy something that's ready to hit the ground running.

At the heart of it all, friendly agents.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

It's frustrating that Mowbray continues to persist with the wide striker role it evidently doesn't work as they never score goals.

Holtby has played for top clubs with top managers and for my knowledge never been played in a false 9 role. Why does Mowbray think he knows better keep playing him there?

The whole team is imbalanced, this is due to the 6 transfer windows Mowbray has had. In actual fact he has hamstrung the next manager.

The next manager will have no out and out wingers and no money, with a completely messed up side.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, philipl said:

It is a horrible thing to say but it’s so true....It really doesn’t hurt anymore. 
I can’t believe I’ve just typed that .....I’m angry , but not hurting. ....all brought about , not particularly with the sad decline of the club over time , but by the inane, pathetic, miserable, frighteningly boring words and line ups from Mowbray.

If that’s how we feel ...how will your average Jo punter feel about putting his hand into his/ her pocket to pay next season’s prices ....to be a part of THAT 

Very dangerous times face Mr Waggott et al .....something needs to happen 

For once it wasn’t the hope that killed me ....it was the man/ men in the dug out ?

• Like 1