BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers

Samuel did something brilliant in the first half, beat his guy and smashed it across the box. Had me thinking "ok then, he's turned up".

Was a flash in a pan. Terrible performance from him.

Terrible performance from everyone really. Honestly there were some comical moments between Bennett and Walton in the 2nd half, if I weren't a Rovers fan. I have never screamed at a TV as much as that 45 minutes. In my opinion that is the worst I have seen us play this season.

When Gallagher passed the ball out of touch towards the end I shut down completely.

Another season in the Championship beckons. 

17 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It's frustrating that Mowbray continues to persist with the wide striker role it evidently doesn't work as they never score goals.

Holtby has played for top clubs with top managers and for my knowledge never been played in a false 9 role. Why does Mowbray think he knows better keep playing him there?

The whole team is imbalanced, this is due to the 6 transfer windows Mowbray has had. In actual fact he has hamstrung the next manager.

The next manager will have no out and out wingers and no money, with a completely messed up side.

Having no wingers will be the least of his problems.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

It is a horrible thing to say but it’s so true....It really doesn’t hurt anymore. 
I can’t believe I’ve just typed that .....I’m angry , but not hurting. ....all brought about , not particularly with the sad decline of the club over time , but by the inane, pathetic, miserable, frighteningly boring words and line ups from Mowbray.

If that’s how we feel ...how will your average Jo punter feel about putting his hand into his/ her pocket to pay next season’s prices ....to be a part of THAT 

Very dangerous times face Mr Waggott et al .....something needs to happen 

For once it wasn’t the hope that killed me ....it was the man/ men in the dug out ?

It doesnt hurt anymore when we lose and it doesnt feel that good when we win either cos you know it ultimately counts for nothing because theres a performance like this waiting round the corner. Hypothetically we could win our next games against leeds, cardiff and west Brom , that should get fans absolutely bouncing but we all know we'll turn up at Luton with bennet in goal, danny graham at wing back with Walton as false 9. 

It's a horrible feeling to not really feel, atleast with Steve Kean there was anger, right now it's just "meh" at every result. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Samuel did something brilliant in the first half, beat his guy and smashed it across the box. Had me thinking "ok then, he's turned up".

Was a flash in a pan. Terrible performance from him.

Terrible performance from everyone really. Honestly there were some comical moments between Bennett and Walton in the 2nd half, if I weren't a Rovers fan. I have never screamed at a TV as much as that 45 minutes. In my opinion that is the worst I have seen us play this season.

When Gallagher passed the ball out of touch towards the end I shut down completely.

Another season in the Championship beckons. 

I looked at Samuels first half attempt differently. The defender somehow let Samuel past him. Samuel then has a touch and time to compose himself. He then scuffs a shot with his instep and misses the target. He had two choices. Hit the target or pass it towards the far post. He did neither.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

There is literally no way Coyle would be a better option. Stop trolling please.

I am not trolling.

The point I'm trying to make is we are, IMO, only very marginally better off than when Mowbray 'entered the building' some three and a half years ago.

Under Mowbray's management:

• We got relegated - as he said in Blues Bar in Feb. last year, he was brought in to keep us up but failed
  • IMO, we've played, in the main, awful football - we've no identity
  • Our squad, IMO, is threadbare in key areas, with the odd exception devoid of quality and woefully unbalanced
  • IMO, he's spunked some £20million+ (when wages are added in) up the wall on two non firing strikers - the club's financial position is a mess and this folly has made it even worse
  • We are, IMO, light years away from being automatic promotion contenders and still not seriously contending for a top 6 stop  

IMO, Coyle was a disaster and had to go - in fact he should never have been appointed.

I honestly believe we've had three and a half miserable and wasted years under Mowbray.  Just what is the point of this man?!?!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I am not trolling.

The point I'm trying to make is we are, IMO, only very marginally better off than when Mowbray 'entered the building' some three and a half years ago.

• We got relegated - as he said in Blues Bar in Feb. last year, he was brought in to keep us up but failed
  • Our squad, IMO, is threadbare in key areas, with the odd exception devoid of quality and woefully unbalanced
  • IMO, he's spunked some £20million+ (when wages are added in) up the wall on two non firing strikers - the club's financial position is a mess and this folly has made it even worse
  • We are, IMO, light years away from being automatic promotion contenders and still not seriously contending for a top 6 stop  

IMO, Coyle was a disaster and had to go - in fact he should never have been appointed.

I honestly believe we've had three and a half miserable and wasted years under Mowbray.  Just what is the point of this man?!?!

Whilst I agree with much of this post....

In your post I quoted, you said Coyle would be a better option, then, in this post, you go on to say that Coyle was a disaster and had to go. 
You can’t have it both ways.

You were also posting about winning money betting on Barnsley. You can surely see how that could wind people up in the aftermath of a loss?

• Like 3

Just now, Mercer said:

I am not trolling.

Everybody loved mowbray when he was bought in (unless I'm miss remembering?) he was a breath of fresh air after Coyle and brought a degree of stability to the club. We were unlucky not to stay up that season and he bounced us straight back up. It's only since our return to the championship that he's frustrated and failed to kick on properly. 

I'm disappointed and frustrated with the club at the moment but we're still likely to finish top 10, I dont think for a second coyle would have got us anywhere near that. I think Tony's time is up but to suggest Coyle is a better choice I think is a bit far fetched. 

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

In your post I quoted, you said Coyle would be a better option, then, in this post, you go on to say that Coyle was a disaster and had to go. 

You were also posting about winning money betting on Barnsley. You can surely see how that could wind people up in the aftermath of a loss?

I posted about Mowbray - "IMO, a rank bad manager. IMO, we are a feckin shambles - so much so, even Coyle would be a better option".

If you take it literally, it is contrary, however, the point I was trying to make, by comparing to Coyle, is just how feckin awful I think Mowbray is.  I do not think there is that much difference between the two. 

As for winning money by betting on Barnsley - the subject was raised by Mashed Potatoes who asked how much I'd put on us this time to which I replied I'd backed Barnsley with £25 at about 2/1.  Post match, I pointed out at least I had a positive for the night after clearing up almost £50.  Can't see anything wrong with that - every poster on here had the opportunity to bet on the match.  £50 winnings now on Leeds win at 4/5! 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, renrag said:

I think Mowbray is wrong Tony. It was analysed in depth for 3 or 4 minutes by Chris Kamara and Geoff Stelling on Sky, there was nothing to prove he did anything other than a petulant foul, fully deserving of a yellow. It was also pointed out that it was Tony Harrington who missed the blatant elbow at Leeds on Saturday, and the question was asked if that may have influenced his decision.

The initial foul was nothing and not worth a red, there was a question of whether there was a stamp as he walked away, they looked at it for ages on Sky sports news but it was obscured because of the thing that swooshes across the screen at the end of a replay (I dont know the technical term) maybe tony saw something real time that we couldn't see on the cameras? 

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Surely nobody takes Mercer seriously? He’s been a wind up merchant since he first joined and kept telling us how much of a fantastic club Burnley were...

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Mercer said:

I posted about Mowbray - "IMO, a rank bad manager. IMO, we are a feckin shambles - so much so, even Coyle would be a better option".

If you take it literally, it is contrary, however, the point I was trying to make, by comparing to Coyle, is just how feckin awful I think Mowbray is.  I do not think there is that much difference between the two. 

Always helpful if you say what you mean in the first place....,

2 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Everybody loved mowbray when he was bought in (unless I'm miss remembering?) he was a breath of fresh air after Coyle and brought a degree of stability to the club. We were unlucky not to stay up that season and he bounced us straight back up. It's only since our return to the championship that he's frustrated and failed to kick on properly. 

I'm disappointed and frustrated with the club at the moment but we're still likely to finish top 10, I dont think for a second coyle would have got us anywhere near that. I think Tony's time is up but to suggest Coyle is a better choice I think is a bit far fetched. 

I didn't and I know several others within my circle of colleagues / friends who didn't!

4 minutes ago, renrag said:

I think Mowbray is wrong Tony. It was analysed in depth for 3 or 4 minutes by Chris Kamara and Geoff Stelling on Sky, there was nothing to prove he did anything other than a petulant foul, fully deserving of a yellow. It was also pointed out that it was Tony Harrington who missed the blatant elbow at Leeds on Saturday, and the question was asked if that may have influenced his decision.

I think it was the fourth official who made the call Jack. I only saw his kick on the second viewing and called it red. I don't think it's right to call it a foul though as the ball had long gone and Brereton showed his petulance at not getting a free kick seconds earlier and Mowbray admitted shouting at him which Mowbray thinks added to his moment of petulance and madness. I think it's a clear sending off.

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I am not trolling.

That, for me, is the most damning aspect of Mowbray's tenure. You can't label us with any style of play we can hang our hats on.

Apart from shite of course.

1 hour ago, renrag said:

To me that sounds like Sky pundits trying to make a story where there isn’t one. One of the many issues that comes from over analysis.

From the initial angle, it looked late and clumsy. From the replay where the angle was face on (the angle both managers and the ref saw it at) it looked like he booted his ankles out from under him with no attempt to play the ball. Remember the one Bothroyd did against Norwich years ago?

Brereton’s suspension is no loss whatsoever. No doubt when he’s completed it he will come back and score his customary single goal of the season in a dead rubber game. Luton on the final day seems most likely as they will likely be relegated by that point... then everyone can tell the doubters how wrong they were and how at £7 million he is an absolute bargain!

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

I watched Sassuolo vs Verona the other day, cracking game. That type of deliberate challenge doesn’t even get a talking too over there. Never a red card in a million years.

Our game is rapidly becoming a non contact sport. When I watched the South American Cup Final a few months back it was like our football used to. Plenty of full blooded challenges with the ref waving play on to let the game flow.. We used to have the toughest league football, now it's the softest. 

When I was playing a challenge like that one would get you a telling off from the ref and a free kick, especially if it was your first offence. Do it again and you'd possibly get booked. Now it's a straight red and a 3 match suspension, it's crazy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Joe Rothwell.....

A player who I’ve loved to hate pretty much for the last two seasons. Good grief, he’s been an passenger for these last two games, yet seems to avoid any criticisms. He looks a million dollars, yet rarely produces anything of note! 

Other names already mentioned also deserve their poor performances being highlighted, but I  hope others have finally seen the light, not good enough!

I thought he was good in the first half and poor in the second. He has never been able to put 75-90 minutes consistent performance together let alone a run of games.

Edited by BlackburnEnd75
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

To me that sounds like Sky pundits trying to make a story where there isn’t one. One of the many issues that comes from over analysis.

From the initial angle, it looked late and clumsy. From the replay where the angle was face on (the angle both managers and the ref saw it at) it looked like he booted his ankles out from under him with no attempt to play the ball. Remember the one Bothroyd did against Norwich years ago?

Brereton’s suspension is no loss whatsoever. No doubt when he’s completed it he will come back and score his customary single goal of the season in a dead rubber game. Luton on the final day seems most likely as they will likely be relegated by that point... then everyone can tell the doubters how wrong they were and how at £7 million he is an absolute bargain!

Luton wont be a dead rubber game. We'll turn up to the next three games and get ourselves into a good position, final game of the season will be must win to get in the play offs and we'll lose it miserably. 

18 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Luton wont be a dead rubber game. We'll turn up to the next three games and get ourselves into a good position, final game of the season will be must win to get in the play offs and we'll lose it miserably. 

Ya,I have no doubt that if we needed a point from the games against Reading and Luton, we would end up losing both.