BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

These are the two I'd come up with. Some contention with collars, it's very 50/50, some hate collars, some love them. I think the basic concept of the Black and Red away kit is something that pretty much everyone I've spoken to would get behind. A lot of home kit concept designs you see seem to feature WAY too much red for my liking, but some people like to see red on the home kit. I have a bunch of other concept designs which I've posted online but if anyone has any interest I'm happy to message them on here (as to not clog up the forum)

1952799480_Screenshot2020-07-25at18_29_30.thumb.png.bd5a8c159b1081043217bf2d4f661019.png990207625_Screenshot2020-07-25at18_29_38.thumb.png.11d49a966bc052fc40af75447de49037.png

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

These are the two I'd come up with. Some contention with collars, it's very 50/50, some hate collars, some love them. I think the basic concept of the Black and Red away kit is something that pretty much everyone I've spoken to would get behind. A lot of home kit concept designs you see seem to feature WAY too much red for my liking, but some people like to see red on the home kit. I have a bunch of other concept designs which I've posted online but if anyone has any interest I'm happy to message them on here (as to not clog up the forum)

1952799480_Screenshot2020-07-25at18_29_30.thumb.png.bd5a8c159b1081043217bf2d4f661019.png990207625_Screenshot2020-07-25at18_29_38.thumb.png.11d49a966bc052fc40af75447de49037.png

I love red in the home kit, and itnhas to be proper rovers blue, sick of the light blue we have been seeing.

Id like a yellow kit with blie pinstripes.  I'd like the Yellow Yellow song to come back for corners

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I don't like the red trim on the sleeves of the home kit. Why the black trim on the red sleeve of the away kit but not a red trim on the black sleeve? No trims please.

Singing "yellow, yellow" was started by nob enders. It's not for me.

Otherwise, these two are beautiful kits; collars an' all.

16 hours ago, bazza said:

I don't like the red trim on the sleeves of the home kit. Why the black trim on the red sleeve of the away kit but not a red trim on the black sleeve? No trims please.

Singing "yellow, yellow" was started by nob enders. It's not for me.

Otherwise, these two are beautiful kits; collars an' all.

Sorry mate, our colours are red white and blue....anything else won't do. Black?? Give your head a wobble 

I really am amazed that we still haven’t released a new kit. I mean the season is over now and other teams that have their kit supplied by Umbro have them released now. Bournemouth was playing in next seasons kit after the season restart. I like Umbro but I am looking forward to a new supplier when the upcoming season is over. I’d like to us have Puma. Don’t think we have had them before? As for the sponsor, I’m happy with 10Bet for now, doesn’t look distracting to the kit. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Carbz said:

I really am amazed that we still haven’t released a new kit. I mean the season is over now and other teams that have their kit supplied by Umbro have them released now. Bournemouth was playing in next seasons kit after the season restart. I like Umbro but I am looking forward to a new supplier when the upcoming season is over. I’d like to us have Puma. Don’t think we have had them before? As for the sponsor, I’m happy with 10Bet for now, doesn’t look distracting to the kit. 

Its probably sat in boxes in a storeroom at the club shop waiting for staff to be unfurloughed so they can unpack it.

• Like 1

Been keeping an eye on football shirt culture - it has a page that just updates with new shirts when they are released, across a lot of different leagues if you've never seen it before. Its interesting to look at the trends - this year there are a lot of patterns and particularly camo in what would traditionally be solid areas of colour. I'm wondering what the chance is that we might be in for a patterned blue half this year. See the new Wednesday home kit - blue camo stripes (completely different manufacturer mind)

I await with some apprehension. 

Edited by AspRover

Haha yeah probably. Either way the club should have made an official reveal. I bet they are doing this on purpose to try and squeeze some sales from the replica shirts and training wear from the 19/20 season. The fact that they have already revealed the training kit and not the playing kit for 20/21 is a kick in the teeth. If they don’t reveal it right after the play-off final it’s a joke. It’s already past the point at which I expected to see it.

Yeah I’ve been keeping tabs with that website too. Hoping for an unofficial leak of any kind. Interesting correlation you’ve made there with the camo patterns. 

Yes that is true, but it’s a kick in the teeth when they reveal the training gear at a time when the full kit should be revealed too. Seems like they are doing it to keep us quiet for now but I couldn’t care less about what clothes the players warm up in.

2 hours ago, Carbz said:

Yes that is true, but it’s a kick in the teeth when they reveal the training gear at a time when the full kit should be revealed too. Seems like they are doing it to keep us quiet for now but I couldn’t care less about what clothes the players warm up in.

Whilst in most years this is the case, it's clearly not most years. Many teams have yet to launch new kits officially - Real Madrid, Juventus are two of the biggest clubs in the world and haven't. 

Clearly the idea is to make some money off training wear, then off the kits, presumably with away shirt before the home. If they launched it all together, most people will buy one or another. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, alex l said:

Whilst in most years this is the case, it's clearly not most years. Many teams have yet to launch new kits officially - Real Madrid, Juventus are two of the biggest clubs in the world and haven't. 

Clearly the idea is to make some money off training wear, then off the kits, presumably with away shirt before the home. If they launched it all together, most people will buy one or another. 

Very good marketing ploy, good thinking!

54 minutes ago, alex l said:

Yep, home kits will always be the top seller, so release them last. Tempt them first with the training kit and away kit as most will always get the home kit anyway. 

• Backroom

Weird that we haven’t seen them yet 

Same kit supplier and sponsor and the season would have started this weekend, maybe some issue with them being stuck on a freighter or something 

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

Weird that we haven’t seen them yet 

Same kit supplier and sponsor and the season would have started this weekend, maybe some issue with them being stuck on a freighter or something 

Quite a few clubs haven't revealed anything either including other Umbro teams such as Brentford, Huddersfield and Hull.

We don't usually reveal the kit until the week leading up to it's release. Luton's home shirt is out on the 7th August, with their away being 7th September and their third kit on 2nd October so we may see simliar dates for our's too. Bournemouth's isn't on sale yet either, and they only revealed it because their previous sponsorship deal had ended and the sponsor they've been using was only a temporary one.

Edited by Gumbi
  • Like 1