BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Administration

It's a 12 point penalty for administration, applied at the end of the season, unless they finish up in the bottom 3, in which case it's applied next season. Right now they are on 50 points, so effectively 38 and 2 points adrift of Luton. But they have won 3 in a row so could still get out of relegation.

3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It's a 12 point penalty for administration, applied at the end of the season, unless they finish up in the bottom 3, in which case it's applied next season. Right now they are on 50 points, so effectively 38 and 2 points adrift of Luton. But they have won 3 in a row so could still get out of relegation.

Obviously Mowbray knew this was coming down the track, so put out that side against them. Likewise against Barnsley.

He's a thoroughly good bloke is old Tones.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Obviously Mowbray knew this was coming down the track, so put out that side against them. Likewise against Barnsley.

He's a thoroughly good bloke is old Tones.

We certainly played like we were doing them a favour. Which team was it last year that hadn't been paid that we did a similar favour to ?

• Like 1

Dont like their fans (especially over the Dack injury) and dont like their manager (after what he was saying in L1). That said, I wouldnt wish this happening to any club and I include Burnley in that.

• Like 1

Lots of hand wringing on the wigan forums, they are hoping Dave whelan will bale them out as he has already said he will try to help but needs to know the extent of debt, rumored to be 24million, so could be a non starter, also fans are asking why 3 weeks ago players contracts were sorted and apparently a new training facility for all this to collapse today, the new owner took over 4 weeks ago, may be something to do with Chinas new legislation they put through last week or was it this week regarding Hong Kong.

Also some are having a go at Bradley Dack for some tweet he did which he has said is nothing to do with Wigan as he dosent care what goes on thier, and a few fans are actually defending him due to the dispicable way thier fans taunted him with his injury. Still it all looks dodgy ownership, as some say it could be us but so far Venkys stay loyal.

Edited by EgyptianPete

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Laugh? No.

Care? No.

Ever since the football community turned its back on us when we were pleading for help against our horrendous owners and their stooge manager, my attitude towards other football clubs has been 'get to fuck'.

No you are right I don't care either. But I'd rather not laugh(publicly) for fear it will bite us on the arse at a later stage 

New owners have to prove they have the funds in place to run the club for the next 12 months before the League approves any takeover. 

I'm not sure how the coronavirus excuse washes when the takeover was done in May well into the crisis so surely they knew what was coming.

Can only assume therefore that the League haven't requested proof of funds or alternatively they have proved the funds are there but subsequently pulled the plug. 

Either way something doesn't smell right and it once again shows up the League as not being fit for purpose.

Reading between the lines something very dodgy going on here and I suspect coronavirus is a convenient cover story.

• Like 1