BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Administration

7 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Who appeals the Wigan points deduction? 

And on what grounds? The owners took the decision to put the club into admin, knowing full well what would happen. 

I think Wigan will win their appeal should it come to that.

Administration came so quickly after the change in ownership (was it 26 days) and the club could not see it coming nor could the Football League for that matter .  As far as I can see, there was no deliberate intention to try and play fast and loose with their creditors.

Edited by Mercer

Just now, Mercer said:

Administration came so quickly after the change in ownership (was it 26 days) and the club, nor the Football League for that matter, could not see it coming.  As far as I can see, there was no deliberate intention to try and play fast and loose with their creditors.

If that happens  the genie is out the bottle ... Anything goes then !!!

14 hours ago, Mercer said:

Administration came so quickly after the change in ownership (was it 26 days) and the club could not see it coming nor could the Football League for that matter .  As far as I can see, there was no deliberate intention to try and play fast and loose with their creditors.

I thought the rules are if you go into administration, there is a punishment. Nothing about the factors for going into administration . I don’t see how Wigan could win an appeal.

Edited by rigger

• Moderation Lead

I have some sympathy with them for the way the EFL has shafted them. 
But then, I remember the way they were happy to dance on our grave, so they can go bust for all I care.....

• Like 8

• Backroom

They don’t deserve to go down based on what’s happened on the pitch.

But i don’t like them so massively hope they do go down, until recently had no real feelings about them, but the way their fans reacted to Dack left a real sour taste 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, philipl said:

Really want Wigan to win tonight.

They laughed at venkys our owners with chicken dances.

They laughed and cheered both relegations particularly the PL one when Alcatraz scores.

They laughed in large swathes as Dack was in tears coming off the pitch with 5000 of there fans booing him and the social media afterwards was horrific.

Paul “What are Blackburn doing this weekend” Cook when he was promoted first.

They don’t deserve for this to happen to them god no. But for a small team they’ve got some billy big balls in amongst them and a horrendous attitude, ask Bolton fans they still laugh at them.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

They laughed at venkys our owners with chicken dances.

They laughed and cheered both relegations particularly the PL one when Alcatraz scores.

They laughed in large swathes as Dack was in tears coming off the pitch with 5000 of there fans booing him and the social media afterwards was horrific.

Paul “What are Blackburn doing this weekend” Cook when he was promoted first.

They don’t deserve for this to happen to them god no. But for a small team they’ve got some billy big balls in amongst them and a horrendous attitude, ask Bolton fans they still laugh at them.

Yer i saw some horrible comments on Dack's injury on twitter.

I remember when they relegated us and the shit that followed from them at that time too.

Let's hope they go down!

6 hours ago, rigger said:

I thought the rules are if you go into administration, there is a punishment. Nothing about the factors for going into administration . I don’t see how Wigan could win an appeal.

As I said, I think they will win the appeal.

Those who run the club did not deliberately run the club into the ground nor strive to keep operating when they knew insolvency was approaching - it was not an attempt to 'cut and run' at the expense of the creditors.

I think it will be construed the new owner of less than four weeks was grossly culpable and the EFL, IMO, have made a real dog's breakfast of it.

Just now, Mercer said:

As I said, I think they will win the appeal.

Those who run the club did not deliberately run the club into the ground nor strive to keep operating when they knew insolvency was approaching - it was not an attempt to 'cut and run' at the expense of the creditors.

I think it will be construed the new owner of less than four weeks was grossly culpable and the EFL, IMO, have made a real dog's breakfast of it.

But to me a simple engineer. The club broke the rules, they are punished. How will they win an appeal?

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

But to me a simple engineer. The club broke the rules, they are punished. How will they win an appeal?

Apparently their claim is based on "force majeure" - broadly some set of events so extraordinary that no-one could have anticipated. Problem is Covid 19 has not brought anybody else down.

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

You are right if looked at in black and white.

However, think we are now in a 'grey area' and the decision from the appeal may well become a precedent - law and the like, in these sort of matters, evolves.

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Will Cook stay with them or look to move on? 

For all the 'he's a great bloke' stuff he's actually used clubs to his own advantage with regularity and shown very little loyalty. I suppose some call it ambition and knowing when the time is right but if you look at his decisions - walked out on Stanley, walked out on Chesterfield, walked out on Portsmouth - I'd be amazed if he wasn't testing the water to see if he can jump to a richer Championship club. He doesn't strike me as the sort who will want relegation on his CV nor want a rebuild in League One. He will want to enhance his reputation.

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

You are right if looked at in black and white.

However, think we are now in a 'grey area' and the decision from the appeal may well become a precedent - law and the like, in these sort of matters, evolves.

But surely if they win an appeal. Then the teams relegated could also appeal against the outcome of the original appeal

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

But surely if they win an appeal. Then the teams relegated could also appeal against the outcome of the original appeal

Yeah rules are rules - admin = points deduction. If they appeal, it opens a whole can of worms. 

Edited by JacknOry