Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Shef wed deducted 12 points start of next season 

Expedient way out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We were in and around the peak of the Pandemic when they completed the takeover. 

don't think pandemic was the proper reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Points deductions all over the shop. Derby next? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

The fans would have sympathised im sure.  Clubs like Wigan didnt give 2 shits?? I remember whelan was very vocal about venkys

We don’t need his vocals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Expedient way out?

Yes, deducted from next season's total for an offence that occurred long before Wigan went into administration.

What a crock!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do suspect it's just protecting the big clubs yet again a Championship minus Sheff Weds & Derby loses a lot off its average crowd figures. Especially with Leeds going the other way and that would be a hell of a hit in one season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The SW decision is EFL corruption at its most obvious.

They have no shame whatsoever and are accountable to no one.

Legislation by Gov is needed to sort out this rat's nest.

Meanwhile, if I were Charlton I'd appoint the best Brief possible and have those shitheads in Court

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some journo the other day saying about this and the fit & proper test, basically 'The EFL just set the rules but it's up to the ownerships & clubs to apply them' - they either choose to or not so can't complain when they eventually get pulled was the gist of it.

Absolving them again of all blame and making it sound like just a basic set of guidelines with a loose threat off action if you breach them.  It's like dangling a worm then reeling them in and taking their money when they've been daft enough to get hooked.

Money making corruption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Some journo the other day saying about this and the fit & proper test, basically 'The EFL just set the rules but it's up to the ownerships & clubs to apply them' - they either choose to or not so can't complain when they eventually get pulled was the gist of it.

Absolving them again of all blame and making it sound like just a basic set of guidelines with a loose threat off action if you breach them.  It's like dangling a worm then reeling them in and taking their money when they've been daft enough to get hooked.

Money making corruption.

Yes you're right- wherever there's easy money to be made the crooks will gather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The SW decision is EFL corruption at its most obvious.

They have no shame whatsoever and are accountable to no one.

Legislation by Gov is needed to sort out this rat's nest.

Meanwhile, if I were Charlton I'd appoint the best Brief possible and have those shitheads in Court

The mantra coming out of the PL and EFL to justify 'project startup' (that name is cringeworthy enough) was to protect the integrity of the competition. The decision to impose the Sheffield Wednesday points deduction next season blows that out of the water when the charge related to an offence was committed during 2017/18. It's an absolute dereliction of responsibility by the EFL board who, once again have shown themselves as not fit for purpose.

I really hope Charlton take this further in the interests of 'intergrity'.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

You do suspect it's just protecting the big clubs yet again a Championship minus Sheff Weds & Derby loses a lot off its average crowd figures. Especially with Leeds going the other way and that would be a hell of a hit in one season.

It's a very good point. You can point to Birmingham for this as well and now Sheff Wed. It does seem that the EFL is very selective on how they handle each club depending on their attendance and thus viewing figures. Birmingham was given a punishment that had no effect at all and Sheff Wed have one that should not be too difficult to overcome next season unless they are completely pants. Derby will likely get a similar treatment with a deduction coming next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decision due at 4pm my neighbour is close to board members and believes they have lost their appeal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Decision due at 4pm my neighbour is close to board members and believes they have lost their appeal!

I'd be surprised if the appeal was successful primarily because cowardly EFL don't want a court case. They were always going to take the soft option in my view.

I wonder if Wigan might go to CAS if they lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'd be surprised if the appeal was successful primarily because cowardly EFL don't want a court case. They were always going to take the soft option in my view.

I wonder if Wigan might go to CAS if they lose.

Cos see Wigan going to CAS which would throw the football season into total chaos. Do Wigan want to responsible for that? Plus it still doesn't help Wigan financial as their wage bill is still too high and still no owners yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It looks like Charlton could mount a legal challenge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53637173

Against Sheff Wed? Does lock decidedly odd deducting points from Wednesday next season and Wigan this. According to what I read on a Wigan fan site, the League dated the administration to 22nd March. Now, I thought 13th March was the cut off for deciding which season points were to be deducted for administration.

Sheff Wed may appeal depending on the written judgement. Frankly, given that the League will drag out sending tit to them until after the new season actually starts,I'd put the appeal in right away.

I very much doubt Wigan's administrators have the funds to mount a challenge to CAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos see Wigan going to CAS which would throw the football season into total chaos. Do Wigan want to responsible for that? Plus it still doesn't help Wigan financial as their wage bill is still too high and still no owners yet

But surely staying in the Championship makes Wigan a more desirable club to buy ???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos see Wigan going to CAS which would throw the football season into total chaos. Do Wigan want to responsible for that? Plus it still doesn't help Wigan financial as their wage bill is still too high and still no owners yet

Wigans administrators have a duty to the club, the staff and supporters not whether or not the start of the season would be in chaos. The extra money from being in the Championship is £6m I recall from our promotion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

But surely staying in the Championship makes Wigan a more desirable club to buy ???

 

But cheaper to buy in league 1 and wage bill would be much less to run the club. 

Plus are they close to a new owner buying the club or not? cos at the minute its seems they are miles off from it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Wigan’s problems is the the recent sale of the two youngsters ensured wages were paid and bills settled. That pot is dry and creditors are owed in excess of £7million and this on top of the reported £450k legal fees for their appeal. They literally have not got a lot to piss in and have major issues with players going into the new season. This could be the second month where players don’t get paid rendering contracts open to being cancelled. 
At least knowing they are in Div 1 will allow a sale to be completed at a lower price meaning that creditors agreements can be made therefore preventing a further 15 points deficit ala Bolton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nixon says they lost and are relegated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they need a new owner and new manager in asap unless they want Richardson to stay on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.