BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan Administration

" The EFL’s rules only require the prospective owner to show that they have the money to fund a club. They do not have to furnish any proof that they actually intend to do so...

The chair of the House of Commons culture committee, Damian Collins, has proposed a sensible plan under which government aid would be forthcoming for clubs in return for them submitting to a tough new watchdog called the Football Finance Authority...

The names and the histories of Bury and Wigan belong to the town, not to a fly-by-night property speculator or a Hong Kong real estate broker. This is also a clue to what has to happen next. As hard as it is to do, the fans of Bury need to let the club go. Wigan has not quite reached that point yet and let’s hope the club can be wrestled from the hands of its asset-strippers. But in Bury, change is now stirring. A phoenix club is being created, to capture and resume the idea of Bury Football Club. The Bury Times carried an advertisement in recent weeks for a manager, so it is not too late to apply."

Article by Philip Collins, Bury lad and columnist at The Times here

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tabula Rasa said:

" The EFL’s rules only require the prospective owner to show that they have the money to fund a club. They do not have to furnish any proof that they actually intend to do so...

The chair of the House of Commons culture committee, Damian Collins, has proposed a sensible plan under which government aid would be forthcoming for clubs in return for them submitting to a tough new watchdog called the Football Finance Authority...

The names and the histories of Bury and Wigan belong to the town, not to a fly-by-night property speculator or a Hong Kong real estate broker. This is also a clue to what has to happen next. As hard as it is to do, the fans of Bury need to let the club go. Wigan has not quite reached that point yet and let’s hope the club can be wrestled from the hands of its asset-strippers. But in Bury, change is now stirring. A phoenix club is being created, to capture and resume the idea of Bury Football Club. The Bury Times carried an advertisement in recent weeks for a manager, so it is not too late to apply."

Article by Philip Collins, Bury lad and columnist at The Times here

I wouldn’t trust Damian Collins ? to open a door. He couldn’t give two craps about rovers situation when serving with Tracey crouch. 

The Wigan Administrator Krasner acknowledge that the wage bill at the DW Stadium – comparatively low by Championship standards, but which represents a whopping 168 per cent of the turnover in the last set of published accounts – was proving a little bit of a hindrance.

“A little bit? It’s £12million,” he replied. “It will be reduced to what we need to finish the season.

“And it’s causing a problem for potential buyers – a big, big problem.

They’re not just buying a football club, they’re buying a loss-making football club.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/priority-get-best-price-wigan-athletic-says-optimistic-administrator-2914997

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Wigan Administrator Krasner acknowledge that the wage bill at the DW Stadium – comparatively low by Championship standards, but which represents a whopping 168 per cent of the turnover in the last set of published accounts – was proving a little bit of a hindrance.

“A little bit? It’s £12million,” he replied. “It will be reduced to what we need to finish the season.

“And it’s causing a problem for potential buyers – a big, big problem.

They’re not just buying a football club, they’re buying a loss-making football club.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/priority-get-best-price-wigan-athletic-says-optimistic-administrator-2914997

Frightening similarities for Rovers - hasn't our wage bill over the last three sets of accounts averaged close on 160% of turnover!?

I think Rovers are in big trouble and when the final ball of the season has been kicked next Wednesday night, to use one of Mowbray's often used sayings, 'let's see what happens'.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I think Rovers are in big trouble and when the final ball of the season has been kicked next Wednesday night, to use one of Mowbray's often used sayings, 'let's see what happens'.

You been saying this for years and this could be the 'tipping point' saying from you. Never happened yet. 

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You been saying this for years and this could be the 'tipping point' saying from you. Never happened yet. 

I think it's an inevitable eventuality given their 'project' has, IMO, never taken off.

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think it's an inevitable eventuality given their 'project' has, IMO, never taken off.

Yet you consistently call for firings of practically every member of senior management at the club for which the bill would run in to millions of pounds - why do you think that is affordable in the present circumstances ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yet you consistently call for firings of practically every member of senior management at the club for which the bill would run in to millions of pounds - why do you think that is affordable in the present circumstances ?

Where on earth do you get £millions from? 

You reach an agreement with Mowbray who would be the biggest cost and, at worse, if you have had to pay up the contracts of Waggott and Mowbray's coaching staff. I think you would do it all for less than £2million (substantially less than the wages of all the playing deadwood that should be shown the door this summer).

The question is - can Rovers afford NOT to do it?

IMO, we are not progressing as a club, in fact I think we are going backwards and our playing squad, come next week, will be threadbare, unbalanced and have limited genuine quality (so much for Mowbray's slow build upon solid foundations).  We have to stop haemorrhaging huge amounts of money year after year and you can only achieve that if the club is successful (both results and player trading wise)  and genuinely moves forward and gets stronger every year (look at Burnley).

What value has Waggott added to Rovers?

Are we really better off after three and a half years of Mowbray?

As I said, IMO,  Rovers can not afford NOT to do it otherwise the steady and consistent drift towards the financial abyss will become a  surge and who knows what an insolvency would bring and where we would end up.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

so you keep saying year after year. We all remember your posts of this 'tipping point'. Maybe you are a fan of the show with Ben Sheppard that much :lol:

In all honest Mercer we don't have a clue what their opinions or plans for the club are cos they won't speak to the fans 

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You reach an agreement with Mowbray who would be the biggest cost and, at worse, if you have had to pay up the contracts of Waggott and Mowbray's coaching staff. I think you would do it all for less than £2million (substantially less than the wages of all the playing deadwood that should be shown the door this summer).

wait a second it was a Million yesterday? 

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so you keep saying year after year. We all remember your posts of this 'tipping point'. Maybe you are a fan of the show with Ben Sheppard that much :lol:

In all honest Mercer we don't have a clue what their opinions or plans for the club are cos they won't speak to the fans 

wait a second it was a Million yesterday? 

Being selective again Chaddy!

Read that post again and read what I posted today - there is a difference!

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Where on earth do you get £millions from? 

The question is - can Rovers afford NOT to do it?

IMO, we are not progressing as a club, in fact I think we are going backwards and our playing squad, come next week, will be threadbare, unbalanced and have limited genuine quality (so much for Mowbray's slow build upon solid foundations).  We have to stop haemorrhaging huge amounts of money year after year and you can only achieve that if the club is successful (both results and player trading wise)  and genuinely moves forward and gets stronger every year (look at Burnley).

What value has Waggott added to Rovers?

Are we really better off after three and a half years of Mowbray?

As I said, IMO,  Rovers can not afford NOT to do it otherwise the steady and consistent drift towards the financial abyss will become a  surge and who knows what an insolvency would bring and where we would end up.

Mowbray and Venus have nearly two years left on their contracts and I would be surprised if the joint cost of the pair of them was less than a million a year so that is two million straight up before you get on to the myriad of other individuals that you want to get shot of. Given what you have said about the finances of the club and the owners at the moment it looks like a tall order.

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Mowbray and Venus have nearly two years left on their contracts and I would be surprised if the joint cost of the pair of them was less than a million a year so that is two million straight up before you get on to the myriad of other individuals that you want to get shot of. Given what you have said about the finances of the club and the owners at the moment it looks like a tall order.

In the course of my work across industry and commerce (including sport), I've seen, and been involved in, a fair old number of contract settlements / terminations and only the naive would settle in full; there are exceptions of course eg on compassionate, health grounds etc.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its yourself changing the goalposts Mercer. 

Have a good day betting

Goal posts not changed Chaddy!  You need to read the content more carefully (as you often advise others!).

Three bets today and a good start: Newbury 13.05 Guru, won at 8/1, Rovers at just better than evens and Ennistymon at 7/2 in the Irish Oaks tonight.  Already, well in pocket for the day with more to come I expect!  Cheers!

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Three bets today and a good start: Newbury 13.05 Guru, won at 8/1, Rovers at just better than evens and Ennistymon at 7/2 in the Irish Oaks tonight.  Already, well in pocket for the day with more to come I expect!  Cheers!

???

Just now, Tom said:

Fair play to them, wanted them to go down but they’ve been immense in response to this and overall since the restart 

A superb effort.

Thing Cooky is very underrated - done well wherever he's been.  I know he irritates a few but gets results. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Yay there’s still hope for an injustice!

They were safe at 90 minutes, now hull and Luton play each other, if they draw it’s still in Wigan hands

Either side win and they effectively go above them going into the last game 

The mentality Wigan showed is tremendous and similar to what they showed in winning league 1.

It'll never happen here it's just a case of plod on and hope we just get one of those little runs together at the right time. 

For me the whole mentality from the top needs to change and that starts from the ownership and their lacky hiding in his comfort zone in the shadows.