BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

Cant see past a defeat to be honest. Play off hopes over so may aswell freshen things up.

No false 9 and wide strikers bollocks. Armstrong with Holtby just off. Give Buckley, Chapman, Davenport a game, get Lenihan back in, dont risk Travis unless hes fit enough but if he is get him alongside Davenport. Under no circumstances should we play Bennett especially not at left back. 

• Like 3

• K-Hod pinned this topic

IMO, not a snowball's chance in hell of Rovers avoiding defeat here.

I think Leeds are everything we are not - fast, effervescent, playing good and attractive attacking football and they have a game plan!!!

Won almost £50 when the 'mighty' Barnsley embarrassed us so ploughed that and another £50 on to Leeds at 7/10.  I honestly think backing a Leeds' win is as near to a betting certainty as you can get -  fill your boots and then enjoy Saturday night!

Edited by Mercer

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cant see past a defeat to be honest. Play off hopes over so may aswell freshen things up.

No false 9 and wide strikers bollocks. Armstrong with Holtby just off. Give Buckley, Chapman, Davenport a game, get Lenihan back in, dont risk Travis unless hes fit enough but if he is get him alongside Davenport. Under no circumstances should we play Bennett especially not at left back. 

Totally agree other than Buckley he has been garbage before his ban he’s not physically strong enough needs a league 1 loan to toughen up. Downing in at left back as the last few games his legs seemed to have gone. Lenihan straight back in with Mulgrew Tosin out. 

• Like 1

Given what our form and consistency is like I fully expect us to reappear for this one and the two games thereafter. Not expecting a result mind, narrow defeat for me. Play anything like the last two games and it could be painful though.

Lenihan back in, shift Mulgrew or Downing to left back, and bring back Travis but only if he is genuinely ready. Would suggest things for up top but there's more chance of Elvis turning up than there is of us changing that system. Will be interested to see what Mowbray does 60 minutes in when he can't do his usual direct swap of the front three he seems to have favoured since the restart. Will probably end up with Buckley leading the line flanked by Arma and Graham or something.

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think Leeds are everything we are not - fast, effervescent, playing good and attractive attacking football and they have a game plan!!!

Won almost £50 when the 'mighty' Barnsley embarrassed us so ploughed that and another £50 on to Leeds at 7/10.  I honestly think backing a Leeds' win is as near to a betting certainty as you can get -  fill your boots and then enjoy Saturday night!

Who do you support? Can't be rovers if you "enjoy" us losing troll

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

tell thee,we`ll win this one, put your cash on over 2 or 2.5 goals

I’ve never spent $1 on betting. Moreover, I don’t think I could bring myself to bet against my club. But if anyone can, and make money, more power to them. It just seems to me rooting against my club so often would destroy any love or allegiance I have for the Blue & White. 

24 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Who do you support? Can't be rovers if you "enjoy" us losing troll

Who do I support!?!

A Rover for almost 60 years, home, away and Europe.  What about you?

Certainly don't 'enjoy' Rovers losing but if they do and I can make a bob or two then what is wrong with that?

Backing against Rovers is not hoping they lose but rather sadly recognising, IMO, that we are a poor football team managed by a very, very poor manager.

Loved the halcyon days of Kenny when I backed Rovers virtually every match and made some damn good money.  Shame I can't do that now.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

We'll come storming back in this one TM was clearly hacked off the other night probably at himself again as much as his non scoring strikers. I sense one of his lightbuld moments, strong sensible team, front foot, get into em.

Rovers  2    Leeds   1

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Living in Leeds I really need us to win this one. And in some ways it is set up nicely for us. They are desperate for points, they will come at us, we prefer being underdogs. No big Leeds following to cheer them on. And Leeds struggled Vs Luton and with Brentford breathing down their necks - all in all a good time to play them. 

The problem is no left back whatsoever means captain calamity starts there and that will cause all sorts of issue. I morbidly wonder what he has to do, for TM to play someone else there as a stop gap seeing he has been a nightmare there every time he has played. It really does undo us. 

The false 9 thing clearky isn't working, which means TM will give it a few more weeks. Again this really does not help our chances. 

Bereton is out and whilst he has still been totally ineffective Gally has to take the worst of the crap strikers award. (In a perverse way, quite an achievement.) With one less name in the tombola there's more chance he will play and play wide right which also is a big weight dragging us down. 

I can't see us getting a win from this with our self inflicted handicaps but we may get a draw. Cue TM, the Telegraph and others saying how this shows we are serious promotion candidates. 

1-1 more in hope than expectation. Samuel to score putting his 237th chance away calmly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would set up like this

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Downing 

Travis Davenport Rothwell

Samuel         Graham       Armstrong

I wouldn't have Samuel anywhere near the team. I think people forgot how poor he really is when he had the long injury lay off. He wasn't good enough in L1 and certainly hasn't improved since his injury. Should be the first out of the door this summer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Who do I support!?!

A Rover for almost 60 years, home, away and Europe.  What about you?

Certainly don't 'enjoy' Rovers losing but if they do and I can make a bob or two then what is wrong with that?

Backing against Rovers is not hoping they lose but rather sadly recognising, IMO, that we are a poor football team managed by a very, very poor manager.

Loved the halcyon days of Kenny when I backed Rovers virtually every match and made some damn good money.  Shame I can't do that now.

Well I'm only 36 so unfortunately IV only been supporting Rovers since the age of 6 so I guess you win in who has followed Rovers the longest?

As for following them home and away,I grew up in Ireland so unfortunately could only get to a few games a season as a child,when my parents brought me over to visit my grandparents etc.Lived in London for a good 8 years before moving up here ,when in London had season ticket and travelled up every weekend for the matches after 5 days of being up at 5:30 in the morning and not getting home till 8 pm for my work.

Your post was a wind up... revelling in the fact you might make a few quid by backing against the team you claim to support!

Walton

Nyambe          Tosin        Lenihan      Downing

Chapman       Travis     Johnson      Armstrong

Graham      Holtby