Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

Walton

Nyambe Tosin Lenihan Downing 

Travis Johnson 

Holtby                              Armstrong 

Rothwell 

Graham 

Last chance saloon for Rothwell til the end of the season. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Walton

Travis Johnson 

Rothwell 

Graham 

This but Buckley or Davenport for Johnson

It's hard to pick a team In theory for this one as you have to pick someone you dont think is good enough for me this is Johnson and using bennetts work rate in midfield I'm sure some will disagree. After this game I'd be looking to get as many of the younger players in as we can.

Essentially weve got to make ourselves hard to break down to keep it from being a cricket score. Look to use armstrong on the break in the space behind their fullbacks.

Walton

Nyambe  lenihan  tosin  Downing

Holtby   Bennett  Davenport  Rothwell

Graham   Armstrong

Use Gallagher as a striker when graham tires around the hour mark. 

I dont know how many of the younger lads have been training or exactly who is fit. If JRC is fit I'd have him in ahead of Rothwell.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would set up like this

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Adarabioyo Downing 

Travis Davenport Rothwell

Samuel         Graham       Armstrong

Samuel not only in the team but on the right wing again?! 

No need for him ever to feature again. 

I though you were very keen on Armstrong central?

Shows what we are up against in that 5 of your side currently isnt contracted into next season. Out of the 3 we could sign back up only one should.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Shows what we are up against in that 5 of your side currently isnt contracted into next season. Out of the 3 we could sign back up only one should.

Play our best 11 , change it if needed not just because we can. Worry about next seasons squad in the closed season.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No false 9 and wide strikers bollocks. 

Tony does not like this. Reckon we’ll see more of the same and a bit of a tonking. Rovers 0 Leeds 3

As an aside, Chaddy you want to go and get your head checked out at the quacks for putting Samuel in your Rovers 11.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Walton

Travis Johnson 

Rothwell 

Graham 

Last chance saloon for Rothwell til the end of the season. 

I don’t think this is possible for rothwell, based on our lack of options. If he’s fit, he plays. 
I will be glad to eat those words, if you can persuade me otherwise. 

With all the talk about Mowbray on other threads, it’s worth noting that before Bielsa came to Leeds they finished 

13th, 7th, 13th, 15th, 15th, 13th, 14th, 7th

They didn’t once make the playoffs since coming up from L1 until his arrival
Then 3rd last season thanks to an all mighty bottle, and looking like they’ll cruise it this season. 

This is all he spent in the first year too, not too dissimilar to our manager last year .B018B33B-D96F-4EC3-B85D-41161F1D6B8A.thumb.jpeg.e9fa17c5cb77dc38ac4bfbe08043966c.jpeg

They play great football and I’ve never seen a championship team put in as much of a shift as they do. Everything we’ve not been over the last week.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes. Use his pace. We aren't going to have alot of the ball in this game so play on the counter. And we need a target man in Graham to hold the ball and keep possession of the ball for us. 

Well that's your opinion on Samuel 

We need a target man type of striker for this game. 

You are obsess about next season and who is out of contract in 4 weeks time. We still have 6 games to play and can make the playoffs still..you might have given up on the season but I havent!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superniko said:

With all the talk about Mowbray on other threads, it’s worth noting that before Bielsa came to Leeds they finished 

13th, 7th, 13th, 15th, 15th, 13th, 14th, 7th

They didn’t once make the playoffs since coming up from L1 until his arrival
Then 3rd last season thanks to an all mighty bottle, and looking like they’ll cruise it this season. 

This is all he spent in the first year too, not too dissimilar to our manager last year .B018B33B-D96F-4EC3-B85D-41161F1D6B8A.thumb.jpeg.e9fa17c5cb77dc38ac4bfbe08043966c.jpeg

They play great football and I’ve never seen a championship team put in as much of a shift as they do. Everything we’ve not been over the last week.

And Leeds wage bill was more double what Rovers wage bill was. Leeds wage bill 46 million. Rovers wage bill 22 million

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Walton

Nyambe  lenihan  tosin  Downing

Holtby   Bennett  Davenport  Rothwell

Graham   Armstrong

No defensive nous in midfield.....this team would be battered at least 4

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And Leeds wage bill was more double what Rovers wage bill was. Leeds wage bill 46 million. Rovers wage bill 22 million

Not sure where you’ve plucked those numbers from Chaddy, considering it is a 10 year period I am talking about.

My point was Bielsa barely changed the team or wage bill. 2 signings (Bamford and Casillas) and 1 loanee (Harrison) who play regularly from that season and took them from mid table to the best team (or 3 teams) in the league in a years time, with 1 pre season. 

The gulf between the two managers is huge, but Bielsa is the anomaly, you won’t get many of him in the Championship. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

“The club's total wage bill was £20million, with about £16million being spent on the first-team squad's salaries.

Again, this is another area which will change dramatically next season, as the wage bill has increased by approximately £8million this year.“

Taken from a Leeds newspaper on the back of their 2017 figures, so not sure where £46m has come from.

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Not sure where you’ve plucked those numbers from Chaddy, considering it is a 10 year period I am talking about.

My point was Bielsa barely changed the team or wage bill. 2 signings (Bamford and Casillas) and 1 loanee (Harrison) who play regularly from that season and took them from mid table to the best team (or 3 teams) in the league in a years time, with 1 pre season. 

The gulf between the two managers is huge, but Bielsa is the anomaly, you won’t get many of him in the Championship. 

Those figures are from a link I posted in the Championship thread which shows wages and income for every club in the Championship 2018/19 season..

Also Bielsa is on 6 million pounds a season. I bet Mowbray isnt even 1 million pounds per season

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

“The club's total wage bill was £20million, with about £16million being spent on the first-team squad's salaries.

Again, this is another area which will change dramatically next season, as the wage bill has increased by approximately £8million this year.“

Taken from a Leeds newspaper on the back of their 2017 figures, so not sure where £46m has come from.

Suggest you look at this

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-accounts-wage-bill-18066284

https://financialfootballnews.com/leeds-uniteds-2019-finances-bielsa-era/

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34054-championship-season-2019-20/&do=findComment&comment=2073846

My 46 million is correct. Do you now accept this? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Those figures are from a link I posted in the Championship thread which shows wages and income for every club in the Championship 2018/19 season..

Also Bielsa is on 6 million pounds a season. I bet Mowbray isnt even 1 million pounds per season

He's not worth even 1% (£10k) of that IMO.

Fair enough Chaddy, looks like a few contact extensions given they only signed a handful of players that year. 

My point still stands. They had exactly the same squad bar a keeper on a free, a championship striker for £7m, a loanee from a Prem club and a LB .

(sounds like Walton, Brereton, Tosin and...(we didn’t get a LB?))

Yet he still took them from mid-table to 3rd and then promotion. He didn’t even need Tony’s transfer budget!

• Like 1

Just now, superniko said:

Fair enough Chaddy, looks like a few contact extensions given they only signed a handful of players that year. 

My point still stands. They had exactly the same squad bar a keeper on a free, a championship striker for £7m, a loanee from a Prem club and a LB .

(sounds like Walton, Brereton, Tosin and...(we didn’t get a LB?))

Yet he still took them from mid-table to 3rd and then promotion. He didn’t even need Tony’s transfer budget!

Plus the different wages spend on coaching staff. Bet Rovers coaching staff doesn't even come to half of Bielsa's 6 million pounds contract a season that's he on. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Plus the different wages spend on coaching staff. Bet Rovers coaching staff doesn't even to half of Bielsa's 6 million pounds contract a season that's he on. 

Maybe we should spend money in the right places then... How are those £12m strikers going (+ their wages)?

I’m not even sure what you’re arguing. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course Bielsa is earning a lot more money than Mowbray he has had success and is renowned around the world. Mowbray's biggest career success is getting West Brom promoted and then relegated. If Bielsa were to leave Leeds there would be clubs all around the world after him, if Mowbray were to leave there wouldn't exactly be a massive cue and he would probably end up at Ipswich or somewhere like that. You get what you pay for unless of course Mowbray is doing the bidding.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

Maybe we should spend money in the right places then... How are those £12m strikers going (+ their wages)?

I’m not even sure what you’re arguing. 

Leeds budget in terms of wages and budget is double what ours is. 

Our Wage bill is 16th in league based on 2018/19 figures. Leeds is 7th

Edited by chaddyrovers

Walton

Nyambe     Lenihan          Carter     Thompson

Travis               Johnson

Chapman               Holtby               Rothwell

Armstrong     

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Leeds budget in terms of wages and budget is double what ours is. 

Our Wage bill is 16th in league based on 2018/19 figures. Leeds is 7th

We have spent an average of 6m a season on dismal strikers, whilst they have apparently spent 6m a season at the same time as Bielsa. They will end that 2 seasons in the Premier League, whilst we are saddled with 2 liabilities!

Our wage bill must have gone up considerably looking to the 19/20 accounts, with Johnson, Downing, Holtby, Adarabioyo, Gallagher and Walton added.

• Like 3