BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I do support the economy and my local Butchers, fruit and vegetable shop and British businesses. You already know my feelings on this from our discussions in non football related threads. 

Get the missus to do it. 

no not at all. Read the posts thats I have made on this. 

Not said Bennett could play Left back but he was playing there due to 3 injuries and not wanting to move Downing from that deep playmaker role

But there are still 3 injuries though? 

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I borrowed some electric clippers ages ago from my No2 son. My wife refused outright to use them. I wasn't too happy but I couldn't make her cut my hair.

Lockdown has been a great time to be folically challenged tbh. Nowt changes for me, just get my mate to buzz my dome every fortnight as usual....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I borrowed some electric clippers ages ago from my No2 son. My wife refused outright to use them. I wasn't too happy but I couldn't make her cut my hair.

missus cuts my hair monthly 

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

But there are still 3 injuries though? 

But we need to play Downing there as he hasnt enough impact in deep playmaker in the last 2 games and playing Bennett is costly us. Not his fault as he isn't left back. but needs must

23 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Walton

Nyambe     Lenihan          Carter     Thompson

Travis               Johnson

Chapman               Holtby               Rothwell

Armstrong     

Wow!!  That would be interesting. From what I've seen of Chapman he looks completely lost.

I'd still play Tosin and have Carter on the bench along with Buckley. I'd probably start with Bennett instead of Chapman on the right.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I still got loads of time left in my lifetime to go the pub. 

Are you sure, Chaddy. Death comes like a thief in the night, i.e. when you least expect it.

29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Clippers. Number 2. That’s genius! ?? ?? ?? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bazza said:

Wow!!  That would be interesting. From what I've seen of Chapman he looks completely lost.

I'd still play Tosin and have Carter on the bench along with Buckley. I'd probably start with Bennett instead of Chapman on the right.

I just think that now the play offs are gone we'd just as well have a look at some of the youngster to see if they are capable stepping up and saving us money in the transfer market. I don't see how we benefit now by playing Tosin and the out of contract players who aren't going to be here next season.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

I just think that now the play offs are gone we'd just as well have a look at some of the youngster to see if they are capable stepping up and saving us money in the transfer market. I don't see how we benefit now by playing Tosin and the out of contract players who aren't going to be here next season.

I agree to play as many of our youngsters as possible. Maybe you're right. Fancy Mowbray's job?

40 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So you watched Charlie Chan as well as me.?

Hate Leeds with a passion. No one had ever heard of them until the mid 60s and up until then, they hadn’t won a bean. For a city of 700k they have, in the main, greatly under achieved. Teams like Rovers, Bolton and Huddersfield easily eclipse them on the record attendance front and in their support, they have hordes of knuckle dragging neanderthals, intent on hooliganism. I can’t think of anything good to say about them. Wan*ers.

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Hate Leeds with a passion. No one had ever heard of them until the mid 60s and up until then, they hadn’t won a bean. For a city of 700k they have, in the main, greatly under achieved. Teams like Rovers, Bolton and Huddersfield easily eclipse them on the record attendance front and in their support, they have hordes of knuckle dragging neanderthals, intent on hooliganism. I can’t think of anything good to say about them. Wan*ers.

My vote as post of the year !!!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Indeed they were nothing until the 60's but Don Revie is...well...revered. Maybe he was a crook (not that it stopped the FA making him England manager so their grudge was obviously down to his departure for UAE job) but their respect for him goes way beyond anything Jack Walker receives here in my opinion. The mentality Revie built the club around to a certain extent exists to this day. If Revie had "think BIG" as his motto there would be banners and flags all over the place. Not sugercoating them (ignoring for instance that Revie's own wife said he would have hated the Busby incident) but there are some things other clubs could learn from them on a mentality standpoint.

Edited by Vinjay
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You wouldn’t have dared to say that if we weren’t behind closed doors. CP would be chinning you on the Aldi car park...

Haha, he wouldn’t have been trying to chin a bloke in his early 60s would he?

I’m not wrong though. I’m on a few Facebook football sites and Leeds are quite genuinely despised by most and the butt of many jokes.

• Like 1

One thing people overlook though is that Revie died of a horrible disease and the FA still snubbed him. Then they try to shove blatant Man United favortism down their throats. Jack Walker didn't get a mandated minutes silence at other grounds. Busby was no saint either (though nowhere near the lowlife Ferguson is) look at how some of the plane crash survivors were treated shabbily by the club.

I bet when Ferguson dies they will force clubs to adhere to tributes but you won't hear Rovers fans chanting Jack Walker's name in protest. Rather be brainwashed that Man United's heroes should be treated with a reverence denied to others.

This article sums up their thinking and I agree with a lot of it. Very few on here would be so visceral and passionate in Jack Walker's honour.

https://roblufc.org/2014/05/26/one-don-revie-why-we-were-right-to-sing-through-a-minutes-silence-for-matt-busby/

Edited by Vinjay
  • Like 1

So it’s Leeds, Cardiff and West Brom in a week. Bloody hell.

As a brit living in American, I get asked all the time "what are you doing 4th of July". I tell them "Hiding"

Just splurged the 7 bucks for the game tomorrow, will be starting the 4th of July with a bang hopefully. 

Edited by Fraserkirky

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You wouldn’t have dared to say that if we weren’t behind closed doors. CP would be chinning you on the Aldi car park...

Krakovia will be around soon enough to tell us about the girl he used to go out with from Blackburn and the scuffles he got into 

• Like 1

Well in our first home game back we were good, It'll be interesting to see if that makes a blind bit of difference, not really sure why it would unless they thrive on the crowd noise through the tannoy but we shall see.

No reason we can't beat Leeds in this bonkers league so I certainly won't write us off pre kick off like many seem to be doing.

2-1 Rovers

• Like 1

Well here we go chaps...

Just been told a large hire van has just pitched up and backed up through the gates near the war memorial with 7,000 crowdies inside. Some following that even at a discount £25 a pop. Very generous offer from Rovers.

Rovers really need 3 points today to keep in touch with the play off race after 2 very disappointing results on the road. Leeds haven't really found the form they had before the lockdown and have huffed and puffed a fair bit. 2nd half against Fulham was good and they really had the chances to put Luton to bed midweek.

I can see goals today. 5 goals. 3-2 or 2-3. 

At least there will be no knuckledraggers in Blackburn today.

Have a good day lads. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KS Cracovia said:

Well here we go chaps...

Just been told a large hire van has just pitched up and backed up through the gates near the war memorial with 7,000 crowdies inside. Some following that even at a discount £25 a pop. Very generous offer from Rovers.

Rovers really need 3 points today to keep in touch with the play off race after 2 very disappointing results on the road. Leeds haven't really found the form they had before the lockdown and have huffed and puffed a fair bit. 2nd half against Fulham was good and they really had the chances to put Luton to bed midweek.

I can see goals today. 5 goals. 3-2 or 2-3. 

At least there will be no knuckledraggers in Blackburn today.

Have a good day lads. 

The trouble is, such is the current feeling, I could well believe Waggott would sell 7000 cardboard cut outs and fill the away stand with them.

And Leeds are just about mad enough to pay!

He will be weeping today at the loss of those away gate receipts.

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The trouble is, such is the current feeling, I could well believe Waggott would sell 7000 cardboard cut outs and fill the away stand with them.

And Leeds are just about mad enough to pay!

He will be weeping today at the loss of those away gate receipts.

Add to the lost gate receipts another £100k lost when Sky, for some reason, dropped the live coverage of the original game. I estimate the two combined to be well over £300k.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I am looking forward to see if TM picks Bennett. If he doesn’t, that is the first Rovers positive of the day.