SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Carter Tosin Thompson

Travis Davenport

Downing

Armstrong Graham

Would be my side if I was picking today. Blood Carter and Thompson in because why not at this stage with six games left?
Get Downing in a creative role, start Armstrong and try to keep the scoreline respectable against a VERY potent side.

I have an acquaintance here in Texas who was born in Leeds and a big fan. Last season with 4-5 games to go, I said to him, “well, y’all finally promote this season”, to which he replied, “you haven’t followed them like I do. I will believe it when it happens.” 
He was right! 

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Tony M NOT making a fuss of the injury crisis.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18560984.boss-outlines-unavailability-list-ahead-leeds-united-visit/

If he'd made a fuss it would have been a novelette. It's still brimming with classic stuff though.

A thought: Where have all the must win games gone, a shame we didn't win a few but many thought they weren't must win at the time. It's a funny old game

Funny isn’t it. Lots of people would have said that the last two games weren’t “must-win“, based on some points-related technicality.

Yet they were because those same people have already thrown away the next three games (unless we scab a win) with their usual post-match defeatist: ‘well you can’t be expect to beat the team top of the league’.

Ordinarily I have a good feeling about games against Leeds because we’ve been their bogey side in the past but I just have no faith in Mowbray to not put out a side to looking for a 0-0.

I’d prefer him on the bench but if Bennet has to start, get him on the right of midfield.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Long list of 1st teamers out today, while Travis is looking at fitness. If everybody else is out (Evans, Bell, etc), but we can get Travis, might be all we can reasonably expect. 

Controversial maybe, but (and without being a medical expert) we should leave Travis out today regardless.

If he has aggravated his ligaments, it just isn't worth it to risk him for a game we are extremely likely to lose anyway, in a playoff chase that is probably still doomed even if we did win. I'd hate for him to get a serious ligament injury ruling him out of a chunk of next season. We looked absolutely insipid in central midfield with neither him nor Evans.

The with teams still dropping plenty of points, even a couple of draws would’ve been ok with Cardiff to play on Tuesday.

Makes those pathetic capitulations even worse... though exactly why we won’t do it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The way results elsewhere are still going our way, even a couple of draws would’ve been ok with Cardiff to play on Tuesday.

Makes those pathetic capitulations even worse... though exactly why we won’t do it.

Pathetic capitulations, indeed. There have been far too many and I am just sick of them.

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Pathetic capitulations, indeed. There have been far too many and I am just sick of them.

I heard on Radio Lancashire last week that we have dropped 25 points from winning positions. 

Just now, arbitro said:

I heard on Radio Lancashire last week that we have dropped 25 points from winning positions. 

That's abysmal. We didn't even get into winning positions against these either.

The other damning stat is the one about how infrequently we come back from a goal behind ourselves. Was the Bristol one the first time since Jan 2019 or something like that? Which I seem to remember was itself the first in a while.

Makes you wonder how we can give away so many points from winning positions, seldom ever recover from losing positions, and still be near (ish) the playoffs. We must take a lot of leads.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Exaggerated example, but Liverpool without Van Dijk & Allison weren't going to win the league, even with the firepower available to them. They dropped a lot of points from winning positions, too.

Rovers can continue picking up strikers and forwards, boasting a new style of possessive play until the cows come home. Until we can stop solely relying on Lenihan to keep out goals at the other end, we're not going up.

• Like 4

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

#Rovers XI: Walton, Nyambe, Lenihan, Adarabioyo, Bennett, Travis, Johnson, Rothwell,  Armstrong, Holtby, Gallagher

Bennet still at LB. I said Gallagher would be back in for Samuel. Rinse and repeat.

Great to have Travis and Lenihan back.

At this point, with the season gone, he really needs to blood the youngsters.

What do we get out of running Bennett out there at LB or Johnson at CM? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

It seems such an obvious rule of thumb.

"Don't wear a hairband/white/red/green boots, if you are shit"...

Class.

And never more apt in Gallagher's case. Lose the Alice band, stop fiddling with your bloody hair all the time and concentrate on making yourself a nuisance to the opposition.

• Like 2

TM is going to do it his way, which includes Bennett at LB, I suspect there isn't another option for him at the moment.  Feel sorry for EB as he is taking a lot of stick trying to cover yet another position in the team that he isn't a natural for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

At this point, with the season gone, he really needs to blood the youngsters.

What do we get out of running Bennett out there at LB or Johnson at CM? 

Zero point blooding the youngsters against the top of the table team. They'll be too far out of their depth. After we piss this match away, start blooding them, I'll agree.

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

Until we are mathematically eliminated from playoffs, he won’t play the young guys. 

He probably won't then either. Didn't last season when we were the first team to mathematically have nothing to play for.