BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

Just now, bluebruce said:

Zero point blooding the youngsters against the top of the table team. They'll be too far out of their depth. After we piss this match away, start blooding them, I'll agree.

Totally agree, this match isn't one for the changes just yet.  Plenty of subs to be used as well.

Zero point blooding the youngsters against the top of the table team. They'll be too far out of their depth. After we piss this match away, start blooding them, I'll agree.

Season's over.

Give them 6 games to find their feet with the first team. Results are immaterial at this point.

Bennett is out of his depth every week, but that doesn't stop Mowbray picking him.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

imo Graham's completely finished. The problem is Brereton and Gallagher haven't stepped up

I think Graham still has a bit left in his tank but only from the bench.  I still hope Brereton could come good (he actually looks physically stronger) - I discount the red as just one of those things.  Gallagher - wish he could learn more from Graham but he might be better in a 4-4-2 with somebody else on the wing.

• Like 1

Miles behind Armstrong these days. Or did you mean the youth teamers?

he`s still better than armstrong football brain wise,who stands still to much for my liking,considering he`s so mobile,he should be pulling defenders all over the place,as for the other two,where do i start??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Miles behind Armstrong these days. Or did you mean the youth teamers?

How do you know? From the 15 minutes  he gets every fortnight when we are either in trouble or shutting up shop?

He had a run in the side before Christmas (around the time of the win over Brentford) and it coincided with one of our good runs. It still looked like last years plan A, that Mowbray was desperate to move away from, was still our best style of play.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

imo Graham's completely finished. The problem is Brereton and Gallagher haven't stepped up

You've been saying that for 3 seasons.

Eventually you'll be right.

He's still better than those 2 donkeys added together but then again I probably am.

• Like 4

• Backroom

I have zero confidence in that team getting any kind of result. That's not to say it's impossible - in this league even poor teams have a chance of upsetting better opposition - but there are so many players there I have no faith in. Walton, Bennett, Johnson, Rothwell, Gallagher... the rest are capable of putting in decent performances, but for those five it would be the exception rather than the norm. 

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Season's over.

Give them 6 games to find their feet with the first team. Results are immaterial at this point.

Bennett is out of his depth every week, but that doesn't stop Mowbray picking him.

I'm not sure if you understood my post. I know the season is over, I'm saying it won't be good for the youngsters' developments for them to get the absolute run around from Leeds in their first professional game.

Edited by bluebruce

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s still better than armstrong football brain wise,who stands still to much for my liking,considering he`s so mobile,he should be pulling defenders all over the place,as for the other two,where do i start??

As an overall player, he is streets behind Arma at the moment. Football brain or no.

Sat here, a son of the Red Rose from Blackburn, exiled in Bradford I have no love for Leeds (I discover via the Yorkshire Post that they are nicknamed the Peacocks), a history of corruption and cheating in the Revie years really set me against them.  I learned to loathe them because they had one of the most talented squads in Div 1 but still felt it was right to injure opponents, swarm around the referee (first team to adopt that as a standard tactic) and even then Revie felt he needed to influence the opposition outside of the match (according to Gary Sprake - allegedly of course).

I don't think we are strong enough to do them today but I don't care how we win - a scabby penalty, an own goal, I do not give a ****!

Come on Rovers!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

How do you know? From the 15 minutes  he gets every fortnight when we are either in trouble or shutting up shop?

He had a run in the side before Christmas (around the time of the win over Brentford) and it coincided with one of our good runs. It still looked like last years plan A, that Mowbray was desperate to move away from, was still our best style of play.

From having watched him and Armstrong this season, yes. He quite clearly hasn't been at the level of previous seasons. His finishing, touch and in particular pace all look clearly on the wane. No shame in that at his age. Still sharp mentally and capable of great link ups, but he is visibly struggling to match previous levels. He may not have played as much (33 league games though, so not only every fortnight), but he just hasn't been anywhere like his usual self when he has played. Can only judge on how he does when he plays.

Meanwhile Armstrong is on fire and is the singular reason that after losing Dack we managed to keep dim playoff hopes alive instead of entering a relegation fight.

That Plan A stuff doesnt work as well without Dack either. Those two have a great understanding.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm not sure if you understood my post. I know the season is over, I'm saying it won't be good for the youngsters' developments for them to get the absolute run around from Leeds in their first professional game.

I understood that you're terrified of Leeds.

They'd have to play against good teams eventually if they're going to make it at this level - the result is irrelevant, so let them play now. If getting battered by Leeds breaks them mentally then they're never going to make it as professional footballers anyway.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

this is just the kind of fixture where we do really well,therefore giving us all hope,we`ll most likely get something today and vs west brom,then lose against luton,reading and millwall

Any small chance we did have we blew against Wigan and Barnsley. Thankfully next season isn't that far away.

That said hope to see a good performance by all. 

• Backroom

Hope it’s wise playing Travis, a serious injury would be terrible.

86,600 Leeds fans have taken over Cherry Tree as we speak 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

From having watched him and Armstrong this season, yes. He quite clearly hasn't been at the level of previous seasons. His finishing, touch and in particular pace all look clearly on the wane. No shame in that at his age. Still sharp mentally and capable of great link ups, but he is visibly struggling to match previous levels. He may not have played as much (33 league games though, so not only every fortnight), but he just hasn't been anywhere like his usual self when he has played. Can only judge on how he does when he plays.

Meanwhile Armstrong is on fire and is the singular reason that after losing Dack we managed to keep dim playoff hopes alive instead of entering a relegation fight.

That Plan A stuff doesnt work as well without Dack either. Those two have a great understanding.

33 league games is misleading. How many of those are 10 minute cameos? I'd wager 70%.