BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I understood that you're terrified of Leeds.

They'd have to play against good teams eventually if they're going to make it at this level - the result is irrelevant, so let them play now. If getting battered by Leeds breaks them mentally then they're never going to make it as professional footballers anyway.

I'm not 'terrified' of Leeds, I'm just aware of the season they've had and the league table. We just lost 2-0 to Barnsley.

'Eventually' is the key word. You don't start first time youngsters against the best side in your league fixture list. That sort of thing has to be built towards. The likes of Buckley, sure, throw him into a game like this. Not that I massively rate him, more that he has had chances to adjust to professional football now and needs to see what it's like to play the better sides and what is required.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

33 league games is misleading. How many of those are 10 minute cameos? I'd wager 70%.

I didn't say otherwise. I said he wasn't only brought on every fortnight like you suggested. And it's enough games for the Danny Graham of last year to have made more impact.

Just now, rovers11 said:

I don’t really understand why Sam Hart was given an extension to the end of the season if he can’t even get in the squad when our other two LBs are injured. 

i don`t think anyone else understands it either,could`nt hack it at southend or rochdale then comes back and gets an extension?flucking crazy imo

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I don’t really understand why Sam Hart was given an extension to the end of the season if he can’t even get in the squad when our other two LBs are injured. 

Isn’t it a legal minefield for him to play for us this season . A red tape nightmare.

Edited by rigger

59 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm not sure if you understood my post. I know the season is over, I'm saying it won't be good for the youngsters' developments for them to get the absolute run around from Leeds in their first professional game.

It's exactly the sort of game to throw them into nothing to lose, find out what sort of characters and if they are the ability at this level to save us some money in the summer. If you don't play them you will never find out if they are good enough. Remember when an 18 year old Phil Jones played against Drogba on debut and these players aren't 18 we are talking players they are 20 plus.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

Just now, rovers11 said:

Tbh I’m not sure. If it is, why extend his contract to the end of the season? Doesn’t make sense at all. 

If I were to guess, I would say the person(s) offering the contract didn’t realise.

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's exactly the sort of game to throw them into nothing to lose, find out what sort of characters and if they are the ability at this level to save us some money in the summer. If you don't play them you will never find out if they are good enough. Remember when an 18 year old Phil Jones played against Drogba on debut and these players aren't 18 we are talking players who are 20 plus.

Wasn't Jones debut as he played against Forest in league cup earlier in the season 

11 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Ben Gladwin ring any bells?

Mowbray gives out contracts to nice lads, and those he feels sorry for, footballing ability rarely comes into it with him. Chuck smallwoods imrpoved terms contract into that a couple of years back.

Edited by AAK

Just now, AAK said:

Ben Gladwin ring any bells?

Mowbray gives out contracts to nice lads, and those he feels sorry for, footballing ability rarely comea into it. Chuck smallwoods imrpoved terms contract into that a couple of years back.

He's generous with ST money. Known for it.